Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Considering how many reports I'm seeing of the new G+ update working better in Firefox than in Chrome on Linux...

They're certainly not infallible, and the inevitable result of having to hire lots of new developers for their expansion means that the quality will drop. But YouTube not working on Android would be a fairly obvious fault.

Darren, could you give me your impressions on the N5 when you get it? (Say, after a days use?)

I will do but I think I can see what it's going to be like from what I've read.

• Like 1

Considering how many reports I'm seeing of the new G+ update working better in Firefox than in Chrome on Linux...

They're certainly not infallible, and the inevitable result of having to hire lots of new developers for their expansion means that the quality will drop. But YouTube not working on Android would be a fairly obvious fault.

Darren, could you give me your impressions on the N5 when you get it? (Say, after a days use?)

Cheers :)

What do you think it will be like?

I've got to stop myself from buying one... must...wait...

Cheers :)

What do you think it will be like?

I've got to stop myself from buying one... must...wait...

Well there's no real weak point and it has the latest and greatest hardware available with latest pure Android.

So I'm going to be impressed the speed, camera, feel. I'll be slightly disappointed with the LCD screen as I'm used to AMOLED and plasma, and the lack of a removable battery will be a bit of a bind until I get an inductive charger.

The Galaxy Nexus with 4.3 currently has about 100MB free RAM after the OS so once you have a few apps installed, you can get about 3 apps in onPause so it's constantly killing the launcher making the experience not great.

Therefore the wow factor will be right there from the beginning and I'll love it until I get used to it :)

I'm not going to tell you what mine is like as you haven't asked me.

This might not be true.

whaaa?

You getting yours tomorrow too?

Considering that they've made known their interest in hiring a certain American poster to VT, I can see where that's coming from...

But a lot of it is from using tools like Java which just aren't good and require Mongolian hordes.

Considering that they've made known their interest in hiring a certain American poster to VT, I can see where that's coming from...

But a lot of it is from using tools like Java which just aren't good and require Mongolian hordes.

If only they'd gone with a python VM instead. Not perl though, that wouldn't work at all ;-)

Join em, sort em out!

I'm not going to tell you what mine is like as you haven't asked me.

This might not be true.

whaaa?

You getting yours tomorrow too?

It's hard to tell with Parcelfarce, but I'm guessing mine will be on Tuesday.

Ordered mine Friday morning, gave me an estimate of leaving the warehouse on the 8th, turned up today.

Not too bad.

Currently downloading a system update, then I'll be having a good play.

Going from the s3 to the n5, fed up of having to choose between carrier bloat or buggy custom roms.

Ordered mine Friday morning, gave me an estimate of leaving the warehouse on the 8th, turned up today.

Not too bad.

Currently downloading a system update, then I'll be having a good play.

Going from the s3 to the n5, fed up of having to choose between carrier bloat or buggy custom roms.

let me know what you find in the difference ....I have an s3 and I find it fine for what I need it for but its over a year old now want a new phone 

Mine was delivered to home this morning according to the Parcelforce website.....................will see later if the reality is the same.

Anybody seen the new Dbrand skins for the Nexus 5..............absolutely stunning!

Â