Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I'm very happy I went with the LG G2 now. Apart from the proce and not being pure Android, the LG G2 blows the Nexus 5 out of the water in every departmemt.

I picked it up on release day and absolutely love it. The button on the back isn't anything special but I got used to it very quickly. The screen is glorious though and the feel of the LG G2 is just brilliant. Plus the battery life has been amazing, which is a key thing for me in a phone.

Mines confirmed now!

With regards to saying the g2 blows it out of the water, I don't agree with that. It seems the only thing would be the camera. I've got an 8mp camera now and its perfectly good enough.

Well, battery life is important to me too and the LG G2 is better in that department. I like the fact that the bezel is so slim on the LG G2 and the screen size too. I think it's well worth the extra for those things alone but there is no doubt that people will be happy with the Nexus 5. I just think the LG G2 is a superior phone, as you would expect given the price difference.

• Like 1

The price is more to do with Google not caring about having a margin on the device. Tempted to but the 5 just because, but there is nothing wrong with my 4 and the iPad mini looks lovely. Dunno what to splurge on...

I'm intrigued by how good some of the photos are that have been taken with nexus 5s. For actually getting light on to the sensor, lower mp is better, so the nexus 5 may well have a better camera than the g2. Have to wait for some comparisons though.

• Like 1

When the Nexus 5 went live on the Play Store yesterday one bellend in a forum I was in was moaning because he thought £299.00 was a bit steep.......so £20.00 more than the Nexus 4 with a vastly superior set of hardware.

Great news that CPW are selling them simfree for £295.00, should really help with getting it into the market.

So you got the shipped email Darren. Seems that Black, then White 32gb are shipping. 16gb White appear to be pending still.

Yep. People reckon they'll be delivered tomorrow.

I'm starting to come round to the design of the white n5, its actually quite an elegant looking thing.

Will still probably plump for a white g2 due to the better camera, battery, larger screen and thinner bezels but the n5 has slightly better ppi on a slightly smaller screen and a slightly smaller form factor than the g2.

Hmmmmm, I don't know now, I guess if finances are an issue when I come to buy then I think I'd be more than willing to go for a white n5 but the g2 just nudges it for me. Two fantastic phones.

Â