Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Its a pity then that they have decided to only release it in the US of A.

Its looking more likely that it will be an S4 I can flash with GPE rom. I wondered if the 4.3 update has hit those handsets yet.

Hopefully rumours of the next Nexus will start soon. I've been pretty underwhelmed by anything since the Galaxy Nexus really, with only the S4 or HTC One GPes coming close to tempting me.

• Like 1

Assume New Nexus will come out in November with a new Nexus 10 and KLP 5.0

Google are very predictable now with the bi annual OS updates and device releases. We'll Nexus phones have always been November or December releases anyway.

Will they stick with LG and modify the G2? I wish they'd just go with Sony. Everyone wants to see a Sony Nexus device.

I'm selling my Octo S4 to pick up an LTE Quad core one later this month in preparation for 3's LTE rollout in September.

LG won't get the job again,  the Nexus 4 is a fantastic phone, It's the sexiest Nexus device out there by a country mile but the supply constraints at launch have to mean Google won't work with them again.   

I'd love to see a Nokia Nexus too.   They really dropped the ball by not going with Android three years ago because if the had then Nokia might be sitting where Samsung sit today. 

LG won't get the job again,  the Nexus 4 is a fantastic phone, It's the sexiest Nexus device out there by a country mile but the supply constraints at launch have to mean Google won't work with them again.   

As someone who sat there on the day of launch ready to buy and still not bought one that could be one customer lost because of that feckup

Yeah by the time you could actually get nexus 4 the HTC One and S4 were a few months away. Who wants last year's phone then?

Like using my Nexus after being used to my S4. The screen looks total garbage. Why can't Google just release a cutting edge nexus? That's main specs aren't beaten until almost a year later?

Suppose the price point is the killer aspect of the Nexus 4

Remember what google are trying to achieve. All roads lead to search and data. Google want to get people searching on their phones. They don't need to put money in to high end devices. They've created a great experience for the upper mid range (N4) to get them searching. So many poeple have smartphones and don't use the features. A new high end phone from google won't add anything they don't already have.

But why not put out a proper high end phone? With leading edge specs that will stay at the top for a year. It's what's wrong with Nexus program imo.

Look at the funding of the Ubuntu Edge.

High end specs, and no **** wants it.

The general public wants something that does 'okay', if it lets them tweet their facebooks and so on, they don't give a shit. The people who care about screen resolution, gigahertz, removable storage and battery life are very much a minority.

All I want:

* Fast enough to be usable with no lag. Galaxy Nexus is almost there, latest gen phones definitely are.

* Enough RAM so the 8-10 apps I normally use can stay in OnPause without the memory manager killing stuff. 2GB should be fine.

* 4.5" ish screen, SAMOLED preferred, but a really high quality LCD would do.

* Kick-ass camera.

* Updates from Google so either Nexus or GPe.

The camera is the sticking point for me. There's nothing out there at the moment that's good enough. I want something to compete with the best Sony, Panasonic and Nikon point and shoots. I'd sacrifice a bit of slimness for this.

That's all I want. Why can't they make it for me.

• Like 1

If hardware was more important than software, Apple would be duking it out with Samsung and HTC for second place behind Nokia. Every generation of Lumia has more or less had the best hardware.

Lot of good that's doing Nokia, though.

They have been **** by poor decisions at management level.  Firstly they decided to stick with symbian when they should have gone to Android, then they signed some daft agreement with Microsoft (seemingly set up by a Microsoft employee planted on the Nokia board?) when they should have gone to Android.   With every passing year they are losing brand recognition and if we are being honest it's probably already too late for them to ever recover.   It's a damn shame because they make great phones and the hardware side of the company has been badly let down. 

• Like 1

Â