Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Do we know it was him that flew in? Not just his plane with someone on his behalf?

In short, we don't.

What we can do is make educated guesses.

The jet is very much the private jet of Mr Lerner.

It is based at East Hampton, NY, which is the far reaches of Long Island, and probably one of the more 'remote' areas of NY (if that's possible)

In order to fly transatlantic eastbound it needs to first go to West Hampton for enough runway with a full fuel uplift.

It is therefore fair to assume that if the flight originates in East Hampton without a pick up in a metropolitan area, then the man is on it.

For the record it landed at Luton 1014 on Friday and departed 0959 on Saturday. The time suggested in my Saturday evening arrival back in the USA posting was wrong. One of my resources sometimes recalculates times and sometimes doesn't!

I will continue to monitor things and advise if it points this way again. I will not advise times or arrival points until after any flight has been completed, which you may have noticed is the way that I have done things up until now.

Here's to another interesting week!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know it was him that flew in? Not just his plane with someone on his behalf?

In short, we don't.

What we can do is make educated guesses.

The jet is very much the private jet of Mr Lerner.

It is based at East Hampton, NY, which is the far reaches of Long Island, and probably one of the more 'remote' areas of NY (if that's possible)

In order to fly transatlantic eastbound it needs to first go to West Hampton for enough runway with a full fuel uplift.

It is therefore fair to assume that if the flight originates in East Hampton without a pick up in a metropolitan area, then the man is on it.

For the record it landed at Luton 1014 on Friday and departed 0959 on Saturday. The time suggested in my Saturday evening arrival back in the USA posting was wrong. One of my resources sometimes recalculates times and sometimes doesn't!

I will continue to monitor things and advise if it points this way again. I will not advise times or arrival points until after any flight has been completed, which you may have noticed is the way that I have done things up until now.

Here's to another interesting week!

Fascinating stuff thetrees.

Think I'm going to knock this messageboard on the head.It just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Boeingtalk.com for me from now on :lol:

[quote="MWARLEY2

Fascinating stuff thetrees.

Think I'm going to knock this messageboard on the head.It just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Boeingtalk.com for me from now on ]

Nah, stick with VT

The guys on Boeingtalk just aren't interested in the opinions of others..

...and they hate Europeans

:)

By the way just read a very interesting story about Neville , i say interesting but the word should be shocking .

Neville has "supposedly" aproached Leaner and said "pay me off and i'll withdraw my bid " .

The more i read about Neville the more i hate him , anybody else read this ?? i believe its from the Telegraph

By the way just read a very interesting story about Neville , i say interesting but the word should be shocking .

Neville has "supposedly" aproached Leaner and said "pay me off and i'll withdraw my bid " .

The more i read about Neville the more i hate him , anybody else read this ?? i believe its from the Telegraph

i find the rumours about him being willing to pull out if someone was to cover his costs very, very worring. Jst the fact a rumour like this exists is reason alone not to support his bid.

IF (and thats a big IF)..

But IF this is true aboute Neville, it's a disturbing revelation.

Having said that, if Neville has shown his true colours by making this proposal to Lerner, then Randy has to seriously consider the offer. If Randy can remove Neville (and most likely AV06) from his radar at minimal cost, it will allow for a smoother purchase of the company by him.

In the long run, if he has to contest with these 2 consortia, it may end up costing him more (in legal fees etc) than just buying them off now. And if Neville is willing to be paid off, I think that tells its own story.

The more i read about Leaner the more i hate him , anybody else read this ?? i believe its from the Telegraph

glaring error in there Totti I think. The last line doesn't ring true with the rest

The more i read about Leaner the more i hate him , anybody else read this ?? i believe its from the Telegraph

glaring error in there Totti I think. The last line doesn't ring true with the rest

And who is this Leaner character? Another consortium? :winkold:

Much as Neville's stock is falling in most peoples opinion, when this takeover goes through a small note of recognition must go his way for pushing the whole affair into the limelight around 10 months ago.

If nothing else Nevilles initial interest pushed the clubs sale onto the radar for many prospective buyers.

Who knows, if Neville hadn't expressed an interest perhaps bidders like Mr Lerner may never have come along.

IF (and thats a big IF)..

But IF this is true aboute Neville, it's a disturbing revelation.

Having said that, if Neville has shown his true colours by making this proposal to Lerner, then Randy has to seriously consider the offer. If Randy can remove Neville (and most likely AV06) from his radar at minimal cost, it will allow for a smoother purchase of the company by him.

In the long run, if he has to contest with these 2 consortia, it may end up costing him more (in legal fees etc) than just buying them off now. And if Neville is willing to be paid off, I think that tells its own story.

I am a liftetime fan and if I were leading a bid for Villa and thought a rival bid was much better, I would wish them well. Ask Doug to step down for this rival bid and then walk away.

To me Villa is more important than £$£$£$£$

And who is this Leaner character? Another consortium? :winkold:

He is a skinny guy that can be found propping up a wall usually.

I'd heard the same story about Neville and it backs up what I believe about the man which is that he is on one great big ego trip. He is in this just for the glory of himself. The fact that he is scrabbling arpund to

a) FInd the investors when he quite clearly does not have sufficient backing for the whole deal

and

B) Tries to get out of it with paying when it is quite obvious that the other bid is better for the club he is supposedly a "life long fan" of says it all.

I really do not trust him at all.

If I was Randy Lerner I'd just ignore him.

Much as Neville's stock is falling in most peoples opinion, when this takeover goes through a small note of recognition must go his way for pushing the whole affair into the limelight around 10 months ago.

If nothing else Nevilles initial interest pushed the clubs sale onto the radar for many prospective buyers.

Who knows, if Neville hadn't expressed an interest perhaps bidders like Mr Lerner may never have come along.

And if Neville is as dodgy as he seems then, (sharp intake) thanks to Doug for not selling to him! A wolf in sheeps clothing?