Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Not sure where the 38% came from. In last years accounts (to 31/05/05) Ellis held 33.61% and Trefick Ltd(Petchey) 20.12%.

The family of the tyrant also own some shares, about 5%

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, Malc. Me too.

I wouldn't be suprised if it took longer, but if the meeting tha is rumoured does take place tomorrow then some kind of announcement needs to be made to the stick exchange by Tuesday, latest, I think.

It needs to be the right decision. I wouldn't be suprised if it takes longer, but while they take their time, the club (plc) suffers as it stays in this limbo state.

It's an important decision, alright. It's a difficult one too - one which is made even harder when people have their own personal wants that may be different to what would be ultimately best for the PLC.

Now people can say "blah blah only supporting 'cos he's a billionaire blah blah", but that, to me is short sighted - and of course - incorrect - as it's believe three of the four bidders have billionaires onboard! Neville has appeared, at times, to be out of depth. I feel this may be just an unease in front of camera, but I also feel he lacks the cash up front that others may not.

Still? Well nobody knows about this bid do they? Rich Arabs? Rich Scandinavias (Tegis?! ;) ). You can't really judge these guys except to say they've acted professionally and quietly, and that's impressive.

AV06 seem to have broken their silence. Again, a billionaire on board. As with the other consortiums, appear to be willing to talk to the fans. But, personally, when the Padfield said he was off on holiday instead of staying and trying to thrash something out, it makes you wonder if he is committed. I don't care who a new owner supports. It'd rapidly become Villa. But that, along with some of the soundbites from that Radio 5 interview, such as saying (I'm paraphrasing as I can't remember the full quote) "I'm led to believe Villa may be a good investment" makes me feel that it's rushed and the 100% commitment isn't there.

Lerner - well, theres more available to 'learn' about him. He will put his money in. He will put people who are good at their job in the roles and let them do it. No interference, nothing - that's the way he's done it in the US. He respects tradition and as we know by now, has had a chat with VFC. Of course, being a billionaire helps, but remember - that's only a US Dollar Billionaire. It's his whole ethos about how to run sport teams.

Something else to consider is will the club be kept on the stock market. Considering what a disaster the float seems to have been, and how a lot of clubs floatations haven't exactly worked out the way they may have wished, I'd say taking it private again would probably be a good thing - if it was the right man taking it.

Let's hope the right man/men, are the ones that take the club - as that is the most important thing.

Lerner - well, theres more available to 'learn' about him. He will put his money in. He will put people who are good at their job in the roles and let them do it. No interference, nothing - that's the way he's done it in the US. He respects tradition and as we know by now, has had a chat with VFC. Of course, being a billionaire helps, but remember - that's only a US Dollar Billionaire. It's his whole ethos about how to run sport teams.

Thats a point that would mean that he has only around 500million, which isnt much for a main investor!

^^^^

been a while since that has been produced, nicely done apart from the spellchecking.

hasn't Ellis talked about selling the club though and not just his shares.

it nicely explains Neville's position though apart from the deal he's supposed to have to borrow off Petchey to supposedly buy Petchey's shares. Very convoluted

Ciao! Malc

Neville hasnt borrowed from Petchey.

Thats a point that would mean that he has only around 500million, which isnt much for a main investor!

I believe it's actually $1.2 Billion - which works at about £800million.

What if he had backing from someone else?

there is this assumption that randy lerner is funding this from his own pocket. not necessarily the case imo

That's still a shit load more than Ellis has ever had!!!

the 38% refers to Murdoch, not Ellis, Dom.

Ok sorry I missed that, 38-39% seems to be the number generally bandied about for Ellis's holding, just thought I'd check (and sorry about the lack of spell checking)

I believe it's actually $1.2 Billion - which works at about £800million.

Well, at the current exchange rate it's actually about £629M (ish).

But, more importantly..

That's still a shit load more than Ellis has ever had!!!

No Mike he hasn't borrowed from anyone yet, but the simple fact he needs to is the worrying part of his bid all along and yes he does have an in principle deal with Petchey its often been suggested.

In many respects he's done well, but as you more than most know, all is not as Neville would like it to seem

For me such situations are always fraught with last minute hickups and delays and changes, usually the quiet ones are so becuase they ahve the best credentials and can sit and wait until its all posted and then outbid.

Stills bid remains the quiet one, Lerner remains the questionable one, is he really still interested, AV06 the maybe bid, his holiday could be a good stalling tactic, as his bid was always the late in the day one, Nevilles as I keep saying was always the joe the promiser bid, albeit the one most likely and it would seem, most desired by Ellis

the 38% refers to Murdoch, not Ellis, Dom.

Ok sorry I missed that, 38-39% seems to be the number generally bandied about for Ellis's holding, just thought I'd check (and sorry about the lack of spell checking)

don't worry pal it seems to be catching even JC's at it.

the old fart will be on soon and heaven help us all :)

your point remains very true though, Ellis doesn't need to sell his majority as long as he's not left with enough to make life awkward by doing a deal with Petchey.

Mind you I can't see anyone of the big 4 not going for the full whack and taking us away from being a plc.

that's where Neville again seems to be failing but you never know with Ellis anything is possible

say Lerner pays £64million for the club, lays out £50million for decent players and we quilify for the champs league for a few seasons, Lerner will recoup his outlay in a few years, and we can become a proffit making club that pays its own way in transfers

Who has he borrowed from, Mike? He doesn't have the money himself - you've only got to see his garden furniture to know that!

:mrgreen:

Blandy the garden snob

Hardly - my back yard is full of junk. though I did clear out the rusting old pushbike, but left the cooker...

I call it social observation rather than snobbery :)

Lerner remains the questionable one, is he really still interested,

If he isnt, then IMHO he has an odd way of showing it

We will see :winkold:

I keep looking for the quotes, I keep looking for the sign Ellis has apologised, I keep hearing suggestion she flew into Luton ???

Luton, then flew back to the US ??

Now AV06's leader is criticised for going on holiday he's a meeting on Tuesday hasn't he

Mind you Birmingham Council chiefs had a meeting with some yanks on Friday and Saturday they say