Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

They may be beind the other bids in time frames. If this drags into next week, they could possibly catch up.

if it drags on that long, you may be right. Big, big IF IMO

As far as I'm concerned, if they are as serious as the others, then all the merrier, I'm not waving any flags here

IF???

Surely it is not going to be done tomorrow or Friday.....is it?

Nope

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if moderators on this board know more about whats going they should try and put peoples mind at rest and give an indication off what is happening

I doubt anyone knows what really is going on, some might have an indication but nobody for example could predict Doug pulling everyone's pants down again! Its a wait and see job......

Agreed, and the players know how to manipulate situations to their own ends - do they give a monkeys if Ellis is sitting in the stands as a notional Chairman and nothing else?

IMHO it depends on the attitude of said chairman.

If he is acting as Chairman of a PLC, he has no choice - that notional role maybe all he has left apart from the £20m in the bank

They may be beind the other bids in time frames. If this drags into next week, they could possibly catch up.

As far as I'm concerned, if they are as serious as the others, then all the merrier, I'm not waving any flags here

IF???

Surely it is not going to be done tomorrow or Friday.....is it?

Nope

Fact or guess?

Hi everyone, I'm new to VT but have been addicted to this thread ever since the Comers were interested so I thought it was about time I added my thoughts!

I have to agree I agree with PB, both Neville and Padfield seem desperate to me. If Baggie Bill is to be believed then Neville is being bank rolled by Petchy and may even be the stalking horse people are suggesting he is, in which case it wouldn't surprise me if his latest comments are designed to extract a bid from Randy.

We're all guessing but I'm finding myself inclined to agree with PB's take on things tonight. All I can say myself with some certainty though is it is all over for Doug. Some people still have doubts it seems. Hopefully Rothchilds can help the board choose the right one from the serious bidders and this can be resolved soon so we can have a manager in place.

...I have concerns over this Lerner bid to be honest - what would a Yank want with a marginal English Football Club (in nowadays terms). I know we have potential, but it's not like we are a Manure/Glazer situation is it.

I wrote a long answer, then deleted it, and was gonna say refer Martin Samuel's article in the Times a couple of weeks ago,

then i thought, of an analogous situation

Rich people from the UK buy run down Vineyards, or Villas in France, or Tuscany. They do so not because they want a semi derelict property somewhere abroad, but because they see themselves sat on a veranda in the sun, looking out over the sun setting behind the Olive trees, as crickets chirp. Perhaps drinking a glass of locally produced wine. They also have an eye that the value of the property could treble as "the area catches on".

They've maybe read or heard of an early mover from their town who has taken the plunge.

It's about a dream and an interest and the allure of a return on the investment. It's about being one step ahead of the crowd.

But all that's just a dream and "maybe one day", then some documents from Rothschilds land on your doormat "For Sale, ancient property, scope for improvement, price reduced due to poor state of property, this type of offer doesn't come round often..."

Then you look into it, find there's a cantankerous old scrote occupying the property, along with a few faithful retainers. You see that they can't manage to look after it properly, even though they like the prestige of being the owner of the Big House....."

With experience in your own country of reviving a similar property, with money in the bank, who wouldn't be interested?

Here ends the middle class analogy. Another Gin & Tonic, Cyril?

They have probably (and hopefully) missed the boat.

Why hopefully?

Because I hope that this is all going to be resolved very soon and I believe that if one of the first two dont complete the other two will take much, much longer.

I fear for us on the pitch if this is not resolved quickly.

For the record I have no inside knowledge of any bid.

And I haven't impressed by both Neville's and Padfield's comments to date.

I believe that they are serious - very serious.

So serious they are talking about joining together with another consortium?

So serious they have not even spoken with the board?

You may think they are serious but I think the people that matter don't.

...I have concerns over this Lerner bid to be honest - what would a Yank want with a marginal English Football Club (in nowadays terms). I know we have potential, but it's not like we are a Manure/Glazer situation is it.

I wrote a long answer, then deleted it, and was gonna say refer Martin Samuel's article in the Times a couple of weeks ago,

then i thought, of an analogous situation

Rich people from the UK buy run down Vineyards, or Villas in France, or Tuscany. They do so not because they want a semi derelict property somewhere abroad, but because they see themselves sat on a veranda in the sun, looking out over the sun setting behind the Olive trees, as crickets chirp. Perhaps drinking a glass of locally produced wine. They also have an eye that the value of the property could treble as "the area catches on".

They've maybe read or heard of an early mover from their town who has taken the plunge.

It's about a dream and an interest and the allure of a return on the investment. It's about being one step ahead of the crowd.

But all that's just a dream and "maybe one day", then some documents from Rothschilds land on your doormat "For Sale, ancient property, scope for improvement, price reduced due to poor state of property, this type of offer doesn't come round often..."

Then you look into it, find there's a cantankerous old scrote occupying the property, along with a few faithful retainers. You see that they can't manage to look after it properly, even though they like the prestige of being the owner of the Big House....."

With experience in your own country of reviving a similar property, with money in the bank, who wouldn't be interested?

Here ends the middle class analogy. Another Gin & Tonic, Cyril?

thank you very much, the first thing that has genuinley made me smile all day i reaaly mean it,

sincere thanks

Now let me ask you Lee, do you believe that a Solihull businessman and high court judge have the contacts and backing as man on the Forbes list of billionaires who has people and experience in sports franchises, and a major agent in the world of sport who knows inside out the sport, the global appeal and markets?

Neville- Anyone who changes his stance on transfers every time he opens his mouth is someone who, basically, doesn't have a plan OR doesn't have a cohesive plan or the backing to firmly put his plan into actio. A no go IMO.

Padfield- I'm sorry but anyone who wants to bring in Laudrup and Jenson, who have no experience in management apart from a the Danish league as a dream team above Martin O'Neill, who is one of the most highly reagrded managers in the game, is, quite rankly, f**king clueless.

I believe that Neville needs Padfield more than the other way round - however, Neville has made friends with the "right" people and may have his uses for his "local" knowledge.

As for Padfield, he is a front, and I would say that his occupation means nothing. Neville is now marginalised as far as a straight bid goes. He may however, still have a role to play.

As for clueless - you can by expertise - ask Abramovich

I believe that they are serious - very serious.

So serious they are talking about joining together with another consortium?

So serious they have not even spoken with the board?

You may think they are serious but I think the people that matter don't.

I cant see them being that serious, the fact that they are playing catch up shows this. If they were serious they would of been aware of the situation and had things sorted or close to being sorted weeks ago. Padfield is on holiday, is that how serious he is? Lerner seems the best option for us, therefore you dont choose second best or even third.

Padfield came across as someone who I wouldn't feel entirely confortable running the club.

Now, it's only first impressions, but he didn't sound like a man who wanted to be doing it. It doesn't have to be a Villa fan, but there were one or two comments that made this bid sound all a bit too rushed.

Getting together with Neville is all well and good, but too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.

i think if moderators on this board know more about whats going they should try and put peoples mind at rest and give an indication off what is happening

people on this board are in contact with peolple ref the bid because it has been previously staed on this board

i am grown man with 3 children this situation is starting to consume my life, please for love off god let it be over.

I think everything that is known has been shared. No one is privvy to the exact dealings except those involved directly in the takeover.

And I am in the same boat as you, waking up at 5 am in a cold sweat hoping it's sorted.

Worse than University final exams IMO.