Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

And, if Baggie Bill says O'Neill will be the next manager, then I think we have reason to believe it's true. You can say alot about Bill Howell, but he wouldn't risk his rep with information that may or may not be true.

Is this Baggie Bill a different journalist to the Bill Howell of the Evening Mail? because that one has no reputation based on the fact he's got nearly everything wrong recently. He has however said whatever it is that the Ellis regieme has asked him to say

Bicks, on the contrary - I think he has got everything spot on, albeit by ignoring the facts and relying on his 'insiders'

His swallowing of the company line, and not reporting of the Villa-gate facts are reasons for the ire held against him.

He usually bases things with no outside substance, like his front-page, back page spread, stating that MON will be manager in 24 hours - but you know what, I bet he is right (and certainly hope so :D )

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought but I doubt those Americans being shown round today were part of Lesners group. Think about it, the man himself saw the stadium and training ground last week and even tho its Villa, it wont of changed too much in that short period.

Not unless someones been stripping the copper pipes out the wall eh Dougie :idea:

Its a local paper Michelsen, no one really cares about it tbh

But surely, people must care enough to buy it, or else the paper wouldn't be around. The editor must have a good reason to believe Howell's story was true, or else I can't see him running it as their main headline.

And I think you give "people" far too much credit, their intelligence isn't that good on the whole :)

I tend to do that, don't know why :roll: :winkold:

Digsby's point is a valid one too, though. Howell has always been regarded as Ellis' puppet, so he must have fairly reliable sources inside Villa Park. He wouldn't run this story if he didn't know anything, the way I see it. He may have been premature with his reports, but I definitely believe O'Neill isn't far away from being the new manager of Aston Villa. It may be a done deal already, or it may be an agreement subject to certain things being sorted out first.

I'm just speculating, obviously.

Just a thought but I doubt those Americans being shown round today were part of Lesners group. Think about it, the man himself saw the stadium and training ground last week and even tho its Villa, it wont of changed too much in that short period.

Could just be a polite gesture, though. "Welcome to Birmingham, let me give you a tour of the stadium" etc etc.

....Arsenal, Leicester and Celtic fans on saying what a massive club Villa are and ... it wouldn't be beyond the realms to see Villa challenging the top 4 in a couple of years. Nice I thought coming from fans of other clubs.

Completely agree with you sentiment about fans of other clubs - fans are fans, whoever they support. We've more in common with fans of other clubs than we have with any of the millionaires in the dressing rooms, or board rooms of so many clubs.

And the second point is that what they said, is what has driven some Villa fans so mad. We really could be, or could have been...

They know it, some of us know it.

Equally, I suppose the Villa fans who hold the view that that is simply fantasy and we should be grateful for what we have could point to plenty of other teams fans who would agree with their view.

^^^^

Why if Ellis had a reason for suggesting it to him for release, say to improve his failing image within the club, and as usual it was premature, so much so O'Neil is so pissed he won't come at any cost, means Ellis has fked it again surely.

When it gets like this its a virtual certainty O'Neil is the next manager every one reckons so and only Ellis' meanderings will stop it.

Now its down to timing and as none of us, even me, don't know exactly what has been agreed, with bidders, with O'Neil, with Rothschilds its fruitless to speculate beyond he will be the next manager and we will have a new owner soon, Ellis clock is ticking, tick tock, tick, tock, not an alligator in sight

Could just be a polite gesture, though. "Welcome to Birmingham, let me give you a tour of the stadium" etc etc.

remember this is doug were talking about here , and if it can be messed up he's the man , myself i feel o'neil is a done deal and , if so the takeover must surely follow, as i feel o'neil is not stupid enough to agree to takeover without certain assurances , ie doug has either sold or popped his cotton socks ,

i just hope whoever takes us over decides to try and build success and not try and buy it in one season , ie welshburn,leeds etc, a good steady season maybe top 10 will do for starters and then move on from there

What is perfectly plausable is that Doug thinks if he gets MON then he could ride out this storm and stay in charge, would you not agree??

No, Ellis is finished, I think even he knows that now.

I actually think Lerner's out, and won't be back in until the takeover after this one, whenever that may be, if at all

What if its all the mother of all mind **** and deadly is still in charge next season ?

In a box , why would he want to sell the one thing that keeps him alive ?

Mon as manager to appease the howling masses , good start to the season , ellies comes out smelling of roses again.

Be afraid , be very afraid.

What if its all the mother of all mind **** and deadly is still in charge next season ?

Mon as manager to appease the howling masses , good start to the season , ellies comes out smelling of roses again.

Nup. Ellis' Roller will be departing VP for the last time any day now. He's got 38 years of fishing to catch up on.

Nup. Ellis' Roller will be departing VP for the last time any day now. He's got 38 years of fishing to catch up on.

How can you be so sure my friend ?

I actually think Lerner's out, and won't be back in until the takeover after this one, whenever that may be, if at all

That could be the first thing you've got wrong on this board, Woody 8)

Hope so, I'd still rather it was Lerner.

Must stop stalking him tho' :winkold:

What is perfectly plausable is that Doug thinks if he gets MON then he could ride out this storm and stay in charge, would you not agree??

No, Ellis is finished, I think even he knows that now.

I think so as well. In hindsight, I think this was only a matter of time (which admittedly it still is) when Rot's were appointed. They would not accept, and absolutely not continue, their appointment if they had reason to believe that Ellis has no intention to sell. They are dependent on completion to get paid their commission and also have their reputation to think of. Moreover, I think Ellis fckd up in the first meeting with Lerner, both Rot's and the executives at Villa from that point in time took control of this process. My opinion only.