Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once I don't think it is, although I can see why people would think that

Neither do I actually. I think the land sale, oleary's removal and this bid are all tied together

me too

Land Sale - removes overdraft

O'Leary -not the manager of choice

players told that if O'Leary goes soon a new manager and funds will be coming in, hence willingness to produce a 'statement'

O'Leary in on it to get a payoff and chance to go to Sunderland (and please take Phillips with you)

This cant be true, i was told in no uncertain terms yesterday by posters on here that these potential buyers were a figment of my imagination :roll:

Not by me, you weren't.

I told you that in order for Ellis to step down, someone else needed to step up and that we didn't know a) if anyone was willing to do so B) at what price they would be willing to do so and c) whether they would share our ambitions for the club.

Now the club has issued a statement claiming that there ARE interested parties, which (if you believe the statement) takes care of a). But B) and c) are still big unknowns.

For once I don't think it is, although I can see why people would think that

Neither do I actually. I think the land sale, oleary's removal and this bid are all tied together

I hope your right.

I hope that the pressure makes Doug sell, it surely cannot look good we lose our manger media all over us and Doug rejects another bid! Surely he wouldnt do that? Hmm yeah he would :(

or maybe its another year of

Q: Doug when are you going to leave?

A I cannot comment because of been in an offer situation and the Stock Exchange doesnt allow it

Q: Doug, do you want to sell?

A I cannot comment because of been in an offer situation and the Stock Exchange doesnt allow it

Q: Doug what is the capital of France?

Q: So doug do you lick your cats butt to freshen your breath?

As I said I can see why people would think that Stevenjos, it would be the norm

But think about it like this...........................

Land deal...........like Al says reduces the overdraft etc

if DOL was going to be sacked, why not do it at the end of the season? Because the pressure to appoint a new manager would have been imense by now especially if the new bidders had someone lined up and didn't want the club to make the appointment - a caretaker manager ALL summer? wouldn't really have washed would it?

If the offer for the land has been on the table for over a year, then there is no need to complete sale for any buyer to see the true value and with an option to realise true value if that's where he wants to go. Now AVFC are committed to the deal and the cash don't come til xmas, so the o/draft is still there.

Sacking the manager just increased the overdraft. I can think of quite a few clubs where a new owner has removed the manager on arrival. Struggling to think of any where the departing owner has sacked the manager on the way out. Not the action of someone selling.

And the bid speculation. No sign of a serious bidder. By serious I mean aggressive, hostile. Any hostile takeover in the history of time (minor exaggeration) has involved stakebuilding by the aggressive party well in advance of making their intentions known. That's why the have rules on declaration of intentions at certain shareholding levels. So if no hostile bidder, then we have another AVIL inspired stalking horse. Will they cough up £65m and guarantee £20m per annum investment. This one should run til November time.

Could it be (***Clutching at straws***) that a buyer has been found and negotiations have been going well ie. Elies may have dropped his asking price to a realistic number and things have progressed to a point where the new owner(s) have set some things in stone that must happen.

The removal of DOL for one which would be a stumbling block as he can't manage a footie team but also if the papers are accurate then it seems the VIlla found between 0.5 and 1.5 Million to get rid of DOL which we haven't got !!!. Then we get that weird statement to the stock exchange again.

The ammount of ***t us fans have had to put up with in the last week I am trying to find a chink of light in a very dark tunnel, a tunnel so huge and vast in dimensions it could belong to Jade Goody, I say this because a lorry driver just asked directions out of it. He admitted it was his fault as he had been down this road many times before only to find out Herber had been running around turning the lights of again.

He admitted it was his fault as he had been down this road many times before only to find out Herber had been running around turning the lights of again.

Round and round again.

The only thing that worries me is if Ellis goes,DOL gone, a dynamic new board ploughing millions into Villa, a manager with ambition, a track record and high profile signings, gates up, revenue up, Champions league football, Wembley finals etc etc

What the **** would we have to moan about

The only thing that worries me is if Ellis goes,DOL gone, a dynamic new board ploughing millions into Villa, a manager with ambition, a track record and high profile signings, gates up, revenue up, Champions league football, Wembley finals etc etc

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: Post of the day. Brilliant :D

Im sure we would find something maybe ticket prices to the European cup final.