Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And having McManus and/or Magnier in the background is no guarantee of immediate riches. Remember how they were prepared to f**k over Man Utd over a personal grudge?

Pardon? You give your manager a present and he turns around sues you? I'd be a bit pissed off with him as well. The only reason M&M sold their shares to glazer was fergie tried to **** them over and got manu clearing in the woods fans stalking them, sending them threatening letters, disrupting their business activities, death threats. The greedy drunk red nosed clearing in the woods started that fight and lost. Don't remember M&M acting in any way dishonourably (with regards to mufc plc).

Just to bump with the latest.....

In tonights Birmingham Mail Gary Newbon states he sat next to Ray Ranson at a dinner. He asked him if he as still interested in Villa........ Reply

'No, I just can;t deal with Ellis'

Says it all really...... he admits to have offered £4 a share..... which is what they are worth now!

The greedy drunk red nosed clearing in the woods started that fight and lost

I wouldn't go to court with that statement.

Whilst not overboard in its politeness, I don't see anything factually wrong with that statement.

Will people stop posting in this redundant thread, everytime I come home from work I see its been posted in and I get false hope until I open it and find feck all has happened :(

Will people stop posting in this redundant thread, everytime I come home from work I see its been posted in and I get false hope until I open it and find feck all has happened :(

Nah. It's good to have this thread. Once every couple of weeks or so you can open it up....

... and pick up the conversation immediately as though you had never left.

This thread appears to be all the hope that we have left at the moment. If it is closed because the chairman & CEO makes it clear that he is staying then it will mark the end of our club as we know it as well as the end of this thread. Up until then, the odd story gives us hope when deep down I think many of us may feel there is none. :cry:

Venture capitalists normally stay around for 3 - 5 years

we don't know Petchey's motives except he always looks for undervalued companies, buys loads of cheap shares and then sells higher usally by realising assets.

This has not happened at Villa and he has not followed his usual pattern which makes his motives suspcious.

after reading what is int he programme tomorrow it is safe to assume and I admit it, that I was wrong.

Whilst on the surface it appears Ellis is willing to seel he knows with a price tag of £64m no-one will bid and in 6 months Rothschilds have found no-one.

therefore ellis's stance behind the takeover bid is only alive because Neville is still apparently around and Ellis is saying that he will only sell to 'football men' whatever that means, another delaying tactic.

How long can this farce of a takeover be substained ....

until the next AGM ???

Gringo, you were right mate ...

And now Petchey is there awaiting Ellis to die, pick his hsares up at a cheap price and sell all the assets and make himself a nice profit and leave the club stripped bare.

that is 'Mr. aston Villa's' legaacy to us.

Whilst on the surface it appears Ellis is willing to seel he knows with a price tag of £64m no-one will bid and in 6 months Rothschilds have found no-one.

By My reckoning its 4 months tops but your substantive point remains valid