Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every thing is pointing towards a takeover in the very near future. After months of negotiations there is now a firm bid on the table. I would be very surprised if it is rejected.

I'm not sure what happens next, but shouldn't the board now come together and discuss the bid? And from that they will make a recommendation to all shareholders wether to accept or reject?

Due dilligence should be finished now, as it is not longer merely an approach but a firm offer. Or have I got it wrong?

Thats how i read it, which is why i consider it worthy news.

Does the club have to make a statement recognising that a bid has been made ?

In other words progress.

Should we expect that a board meeting is taking place at Villa Park atm?

I'm not sure the club needs to issue a statement regarding receiving the bid, as that information is allready with LSE. But the club will need to accept or reject the bid, so the next thing would be their response. If it's accepted, then bye bye Ellis!

i do recall the only 2 things holging ellis back were

1) appreciation of the land around villa park valued at roughly £20m (hence why the £45m ranson bid was thrown out)

2) that he wanted the club to be left with someone who had their best interests at heart.

so the fact that a) the offer is £65m and B) neville is a villa fan based in solihull should mean it's a no brainer

1) appreciation of the land around villa park valued at roughly £20m (hence why the £45m ranson bid was thrown out)

2) that he wanted the club to be left with someone who had their best interests at heart.

so the fact that a) the offer is £65m and B) neville is a villa fan based in solihull should mean it's a no brainer

Does anyone else have the feeling that even if they take over doug will stay and throw spanners left and right??

I have a feeling that now the two main stumbling boxes in any other takeover were ticked (asset appreciation met, future interests met) the takeover would happen smoothly. However, this is Doug Ellis we are talking about, "Mr Aston Villa" (barf). He wants something for himself despite the money, to fuel his ego and to maintain his reputation. I feel that what is truly holding this deal back is that Ellis wants to retain his position at Villa, to continue to negatively meddle in affairs long after his exit as an "honourary" (I use the word subjectively) chairman.

I feel that Neville and the Comers don't want this - and why should they?

If they have a vision for Villa, why should it include the old order? Why should it have to include an incompetant (and probably incontinent :winkold: ) 82 year old has-been meddling in affairs when in any other takeover he would gracefully accept his departure.

Does anyone else have the feeling that even if they take over doug will stay and throw spanners left and right??

I have a feeling that now the two main stumbling boxes in any other takeover were ticked (asset appreciation met, future interests met) the takeover would happen smoothly. However, this is Doug Ellis we are talking about, "Mr Aston Villa" (barf). He wants something for himself despite the money, to fuel his ego and to maintain his reputation. I feel that what is truly holding this deal back is that Ellis wants to retain his position at Villa, to continue to negatively meddle in affairs long after his exit as an "honourary" (I use the word subjectively) chairman.

I feel that Neville and the Comers don't want this - and why should they?

If they have a vision for Villa, why should it include the old order? Why should it have to include an incompetant (and probably incontinent :winkold: ) 82 year old has-been meddling in affairs when in any other takeover he would gracefully accept his departure.

Do you actually have any evidence for any of that?

Guest RantinRob

was that Doug in "Dodgeball" then? :lol:

Pompey aren't a listed company though, so the rules (LSE) don't apply.

People are only informing others of changes, if you don't like it, you don't have to make any comment.

There has been a change (minor), and we've been led to believe soemthing will happen today, and we're desperate for that to happen. As a moderator i'd have thought you'd have more respect for other on the board.

What's your problem dukes ? I'm bored of the takeover and I said so. I'm not disrespecting anyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion of everything Villa on here. "Disrespect" - jesus lighten up.

Hmmm... given that this ---- it's definitely not over yet. BUT it does mean an offer has been made, and that's not old news. At the same time, I can't see Comer et al making an offer at this stage that they werent certain was going to be accepted.

Hmmm, are you sure. AVFC PLC isnt under the "additions" section, which looks to me that it has been there for a while. ie Virgin/NTL are on there and there deal was announced a few weeks back. Reg Vardy is on there and that takeover has been ongoing for a couple of months.

So I think that this signifies "nothing new". It doesnt imply that an offer has been made, and I believe notification is only required once 1% have changed hands, not that an offer has been made for such.

was that Doug in "Dodgeball" then? :lol:

You may of ruined that movie for me.

actually that would be impossible.

:lol:

Hmmm... given that this ---- it's definitely not over yet. BUT it does mean an offer has been made, and that's not old news. At the same time, I can't see Comer et al making an offer at this stage that they werent certain was going to be accepted.

Hmmm, the link points to a document dated "01 April 2004", I would call that old news.

No bid has been made. Or should I say there is no new evidence to suggest a firm bid has been made.

That was my point... it relates to Ranson and Thompson... a bid which didnt go through... my point was that just because its appeared on the same table doesn't mean that all is done and dusted. That is old news, that's the point.

BUT Ranson and Thompson did make an offer, and I think that if an offer has not been made already, it is very very close.

As said by a few of us , this takeover is unlikely to happen in time to have any affect on our transfer window activities

Deadly making sure he can say "when i was there we spent x amount and the new boys spent 0 in the transfer market." In a years time to sell his revised history of villa book.

:twisted: