Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... given that this ---- it's definitely not over yet. BUT it does mean an offer has been made, and that's not old news. At the same time, I can't see Comer et al making an offer at this stage that they werent certain was going to be accepted.

I agree, the difference here is that there has been communication with Ellis, they must know the ballpark figure needed.

Please god let this happen.

A term used on the London Stock Exchange which refers to the period of time during which market makers in a security are obliged to display their prices. For SEAQ (Stock Exchange Automated Quotations Service), the period is from 8.00 am to 4.30 p.m.

A term used on the London Stock Exchange which refers to the period of time during which market makers in a security are obliged to display their prices. For SEAQ (Stock Exchange Automated Quotations Service), the period is from 8.00 am to 4.30 p.m.

........... and that means??

An offer has been made, for, I think above 1% of the company's stock to the majority shareholder (Aston Villa PLC). As we know it's from AVIL, we know that it's pretty much certainly for all of Ellis's stock.

The bid could still be rejected, but it is rare for a company to make an offer after six months of negotiation that is rejected, because "what kind of price would you accept" is normally a part of the negotiations.... remember the six month mandatory deadline - if this offer is rejected - the Comers can't make another offer for six months.

What a load of sh*t. And all the while, Pompey get taken over with no hullabaloo whatsoever. This will be my last post in a takeover thread until something ACTUALLY HAPPENS !!

Guest RantinRob
This will be my last post in a takeover thread until something ACTUALLY HAPPENS !!

I hope everyone else follows your lead!

Pompey aren't a listed company though, so the rules (LSE) don't apply.

People are only informing others of changes, if you don't like it, you don't have to make any comment.

There has been a change (minor), and we've been led to believe soemthing will happen today, and we're desperate for that to happen. As a moderator i'd have thought you'd have more respect for other on the board.

Unless you are better informed than the rest of us, and know that this change is meaningless, in which case inform us all, and we can all move on until there is something ACTUALLY happening.

I think the difference between aston villa PLC and *another club* private takeover is different over one reason

HDE

depends which 'other' club.

Chelsea - nope that was London

Pompey - nope that is a partnership

ManUre - yep agreed he is holding out for a sell-off when the buyer isn't prepared to launch themselves like the Glasers (unfortunately) into a hostile bid

anyone suspiciuos about how long the due dilligence is taking?

nope it's a long laborious process at the best of times in like minded companies, when one is new to the game they will want to see and know more before following it through.

Every thing is pointing towards a takeover in the very near future. After months of negotiations there is now a firm bid on the table. I would be very surprised if it is rejected.

I'm not sure what happens next, but shouldn't the board now come together and discuss the bid? And from that they will make a recommendation to all shareholders wether to accept or reject?

Due dilligence should be finished now, as it is not longer merely an approach but a firm offer. Or have I got it wrong?