What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Milner isn't the type to do a pierre van hoydonk. I think the day before we signed him he blasted a hatrick for newcastle.

Im 100% confident if he stays he'll be the same old Milner 7/10 minimum every week. so it's a no loose situation for Villa.

A hatrick? against who?

I'm guessing Coventry as they played a FA CUP game just before the transfer happened.

It was the Carling cup and Milner set up the first for N'Zogbia , scored the second himself and Owen scored the third. Milly played just in behind the striker that night and terrorised Coventry for quite a bit of the match. It still only just ended up a narrow 3-2 to the Toon.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comments from MON today re the Milner transfer. One aspect though was that according to some people MON was responsible for all transfer negotiations and wasting of money. It certainly doesn't seem to be the case

Of course its not. He can take the blame for not utilising the players on the pitch (however i dont think utilising them any different would have helped us achieve a lot (if any) more success. But he cant be held responsible for dishing the cash out

Well you'd have thought so but when you see comments along the lines of "MON has wasted the money" and "Randy is right to say sell to buy considering the huge sums MON has wasted " etc etc you begin to wonder

Richard, you should know not to listen to the garbage on here. But I know what you mean? Over the last 3 weeks Ive been thinking 'Are Villa in absolute dire straits'? But their not - its just the totally incorrect opinions of numpties on here.

Milner isn't the type to do a pierre van hoydonk. I think the day before we signed him he blasted a hatrick for newcastle.

Im 100% confident if he stays he'll be the same old Milner 7/10 minimum every week. so it's a no loose situation for Villa.

A hatrick? against who?

I'm guessing Coventry as they played a FA CUP game just before the transfer happened.

It was the Carling cup and Milner set up the first for N'Zogbia , scored the second himself and Owen scored the third. Milly played just in behind the striker that night and terrorised Coventry for quite a bit of the match. It still only just ended up a narrow 3-2 to the Toon.

So he didnt score a hatrick?

I'd take issue with the numpties tag. There are some bizarrely differing opinions on here, but even the posters who I think sometimes post for effect by exaggerating their views have also got a lot of knowledge about AVFC and football in general.

In fact I'll go further. Collectively on VT we have a greater fund of up to date as well as historical knowledge than any individual football manager (even MON :lol: ). If we could ever combine that mass of knowledge into a cohesive unit we could kick Mon out and take Villa to the summit of world football.

The trouble is that we would all have great difficulty squeezing into Mons office, and then we would spend all day arguing over what biscuits to have with our tea instead of running the team.

I'm not joking when I say that as a total entity Villa Talk has a huge fund of knowledge. The fact that we can polarise our views and disagree on most issues is what makes this site so entertaining imo.

I'd take issue with the numpties tag. There are some bizarrely differing opinions on here, but even the posters who I think sometimes post for effect by exaggerating their views have also got a lot of knowledge about AVFC and football in general.

In fact I'll go further. Collectively on VT we have a greater fund of up to date as well as historical knowledge than any individual football manager (even MON :lol: ). If we could ever combine that mass of knowledge into a cohesive unit we could kick Mon out and take Villa to the summit of world football.

The trouble is that we would all have great difficulty squeezing into Mons office, and then we would spend all day arguing over what biscuits to have with our tea instead of running the team.

I'm not joking when I say that as a total entity Villa Talk has a huge fund of knowledge. The fact that we can polarise our views and disagree on most issues is what makes this site so entertaining imo.

Totally agree. Numpties was meant (tongue in cheek) - apologies if you found it offensive

"Top four remains a possibility but to win the title, you need to have the squad. City will have 28 or 29 top-class players available." - MON 27/07

So selling our best player, out of the smallest squad in the league? Whilst every other member of the squad is annoyed and fed up with you apart from Petrov.... nice one mon. Don't let the door hit you...

I don't understand how anyone can disagree with this

Thanks gary. I do bang my head on my desk when having an opinion levels you the clearing in the woods award. Will see you at the awards evening sir! ;)

"Top four remains a possibility but to win the title, you need to have the squad. City will have 28 or 29 top-class players available." - MON 27/07

So selling our best player, out of the smallest squad in the league? Whilst every other member of the squad is annoyed and fed up with you apart from Petrov.... nice one mon. Don't let the door hit you...

Thanks gary. I do bang my head on my desk when having an opinion levels you the clearing in the woods award. Will see you at the awards evening sir! ;)

:D care to discuss how you disagree with my post? rather than insulting me aimlessly

people do see why it would be in THE CLUBS best interest to sometimes give the impression the manager has total control over transfers and then sometimes that it is taken out of his hands ????

What a very depressing idea that we dont. Its like people must of been picked on as a kid for being happy and now need to find stuff to be drepressed about.

I'm sorry, but if the strongest argument that the "PRO-MON" league can come up with in response is "STOP WHINGING - or - LITTLE BITCH". I'm glad your not in power.

MON is into his most dangerous season. Agreed? If your gonna get some flak it's going to be in the 5th Year of your 5 year plan. Yeah? Fair? Probably not, I'm probably going to get the t'wat award again. Might as well go all out....

My source of worry is that we don't play squad football. We play favourite 11 with a couple of swapsies. Yes? No? And now, imo, the first name of the team sheet is leaving (or wants to leave) there is a large percentage of players who aren't happy just turning up for training, (granted I dont watch training, so they may be rubbish, if so, fair play let them go) But there are 8 names with question marks on them, so we need at least 8 players to keep the numbers up? 8 - 8 = No problems? Yes? No? Either way, I don't know who MON is going to sign, I don't know who would want to sign.... but I hope Delph shines, then we'll get another 20m from city next season.

Totally agree. Numpties was meant (tongue in cheek) - apologies if you found it offensive

I didn't find it offensive Woody, I was just pointing out that even the people I disagree with regularly on here tend to know a lot about football, they just choose to interpret things differently. I love the way we can ridicule each others views when we think it necessary and still remain friends! :cheers:

:D care to discuss how you disagree with my post? rather than insulting me aimlessly

Nooooo sorry bud, I'm completely on your side. Was a joke that having an opinion makes you a t'wat, hence the mega t'wat party end of the year.