• No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaarrrgghhh!

This is so frustrating!

I know we're waiting for Milner to come back from Holiday before anything can be done or clarified; but it's so boring around here!

I think Milner will leave tbh. If he does then I hope we bring in Ireland as a direct replacement, we use the other money to strengthen upfront, we play a blinding season with Ireland becoming next years "Player of the Year" and then Milner feels like a right plank as we play in the CL and he sits on City's bench with fat Barry, slow Patrick, broken Bellamy and the rest of "Next Elite Man City Squad"..

Or.. I'm just making things up because I'm so bored!!

Its blatently obvious Milner doesn't want to have talks, first they were supposed to take place at the end of the season, then before the World Cup, then after and now when he returns. Obviously he is stalling to see what clubs came in for him, but i've said it before Villa have showed him nothing that they mean business for this coming season, we've got a new sponsor though Jimmy and some squares on our kit!

Well that is totally untrue.

MON has ALWAYS said that they would review his contract AFTER the world cup. He still isnt back from it yet.

But yeah, i still think he wants to leave.

Are people not concerned if we let him go what are we going to do with this magical 25mill?

Sidwell to replace him alongside Petrov? Jesus Wept!

Or Ireland, Keane and another DM, Sell the shite and purchase a right back.

Play 4-5-1 with Ireland being more attack minded, with 2 DM's behind him.

That would be amazing IMO.

I think if you look back, Villa CEO approached Milner BEFORE he went to World Cup to try and get a verbal agreement and from there came the outcome he does not want to discuss, but like i said Villa themselves have done nothing in terms of transfers in and out to persuade Milner that we really want to challenge for a top 4 spot, we will always be remembered as the nearly club, a few players short. The amount of times i have heard that over the years, its becoming tiring.

I think if you look back, Villa CEO approached Milner BEFORE he went to World Cup to try and get a verbal agreement and from there came the outcome he does not want to discuss, but like i said Villa themselves have done nothing in terms of transfers in and out to persuade Milner that we really want to challenge for a top 4 spot, we will always be remembered as the nearly club, a few players short. The amount of times i have heard that over the years, its becoming tiring.

I kind of agree with you there. I was thinking yesterday. We havent got 90,000 a week to pay Joe Cole.

BUT, Liverpool certainly havent got it. Now obviously Liverpool are a bigger club than we are, but why have we never got the balls to to take a risk. Im all for, not bankrupting the club, but you definately have to speculate to accumulate, and for me, if Randy lerner really wants champions league football, he isnt risking anywhere near enough. Now of course he may know that he hasnt got enough and the target is to finish as high as possible, but if MON is being judged on a top 4 finish then he faces an almost impossible task to sustain a challenge on the budget he has

I'd rather they tell us rather than the usual that the aim is to break the top 4 as for me its bordering on the impossible with the tools we have, we have employed Paul Faulkner as a CEO and he hasn't really done anything apart from getting his marketing department to boost the kit and sponsor.

On your point of JC, look at what it has done to to players like Gerrard and possibly Torres, they've shown a bit of ambition that has made Gerrard think again about his future for me we are very stationary and try and sell a vision without actually putting anything into it, we can sit around saying the youth which i am all for but i am getting a bit tired with seeing that our focus is more about re-branding AVFC which is great but you can't do one without the other.

I'd rather they tell us rather than the usual that the aim is to break the top 4 as for me its bordering on the impossible with the tools we have, we have employed Paul Faulkner as a CEO and he hasn't really done anything apart from getting his marketing department to boost the kit and sponsor.

MON is almost a miracle worker for me. I think the reason he doesnt use subs is because he knows that there just nowhere near good enough. With the starting XI (even if they are tiring), he knows we have half a chance of nicking something. Now everyone will argue that he bought the players, but you can only buy what you can afford, and in desperate situations they would get used.

I kind of agree with you there. I was thinking yesterday. We havent got 90,000 a week to pay Joe Cole.

We've got 40grand a week to pay the likes of Shorey and Beye.

I cannot help but think this buy from a select pool costs us more than it should!

We've got 40grand a week to pay the likes of Shorey and Beye.

I cannot help but think this buy from a select pool costs us more than it should!

Its peanuts mate. The risk is not paying someone 90,000. Its paying the other players close to that sum as well. Yes we pay those 40,000 but what does our top earner get, 55,000??? Its nothing nowadays. Especially when your transfer fees arent that big and your trying to get champions league

Trent, you're making out as though Milner would have become the player he is right now whether he played under O Neill or anyone else, I disagree with that entirely. You're paying O Neill zero credit much like a growing section of our support when he is in fact a major contributor, of course Milner himself has worked his way into this status but he would never have been given the opportunity had it not been for O Neill.

I suggest you stop reading what you think I posted and read what I've actually posted.

You are welcome to disagree with me it is after all only opinion but don't dismiss my opinion by simply grouping into some anti O'Neill collective.

If you actually read my posts you will see that I credit O'Neill with contributing to his development by moving him into the middle. That though gave Milner the platform the rest was down to him.

I don't want to get into a drawn out (further) debate on the pro's and con's of MoN but it just wouldn't hurt for him to be attributed with just a little deserved credit every now and again, this example being one.

I'm perfectly happy to give him credit when I believe it deserved and have done so in the very posts you have responded too, I will also though be critical when I think its deserved and I will say when I think he is given false credit.

I don't want to get into a battle with you Trent, for numerous reasons, but these are your actual words:

"I'm not actually convinced O'Neill is responsible for Milner's development to be honest, I think that is down to Milner. All O'Neill is responsible for is giving him a better stage and a chance to play in the middle the rest is down to the player himself who is supposed to be one of the most dedicated players around."

Now with the greatest of respect, apart from a meagre mention of O Neill moving him into central midfield I think it's fair to say that you've tried to distance O Neill from being anything other than peripheral to Milners development, which I think is way off the mark and a little disrespectful to a man who has both seen and developed a potential unrealised by any of his former managers.

It's not down to the likes of myself to 'pigeonhole' you as being anti or pro O Neill, it's each posters own comments that dictate that.....

Are people not concerned if we let him go what are we going to do with this magical 25mill?

Even knowing that you're posting this for effect doesn't make the comment any less stupid.

Sidwell is on his way out, quite blatantly for anyone that's kept up with current affairs lately, even if he wasn't lined up for a move to Fulham (in case you didn't know) MoN still wouldn't consider him as a replacement.

Even knowing that you're posting this for effect doesn't make the comment any less stupid.

Sidwell is on his way out, quite blatantly for anyone that's kept up with current affairs lately, even if he wasn't lined up for a move to Fulham (in case you didn't know) MoN still wouldn't consider him as a replacement.

Its not posting for effect, if we sell Milner who will replace him?

Its a perfectly legitimate worry.

Is Sidwell still a Villa player? Yes he is, Fulham do not have a manager, how the hell he can be lined up for a move to a club with no manager is anyones guess.

One of our best players leaves, who replaces him?

Its almost as if we've not seen Milner play for a while, he must not be as good as we first thought, he can go.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that if Milner does go, then his replacement is not currently employed by Aston Villa, but would be soon afterwards. Coming back in off that limb now.

Its not posting for effect, if we sell Milner who will replace him?

Its a perfectly legitimate worry.

Is Sidwell still a Villa player? Yes he is, Fulham do not have a manager, how the hell he can be lined up for a move to a club with no manager is anyones guess.

One of our best players leaves, who replaces him?

Its almost as if we've not seen Milner play for a while, he must not be as good as we first though, he can go.

Jez, I think it's fair to say we're all fretting about Milner leaving, that is a given, but it's daft comments like yours that wind people up further.

Sidwell is leaving, whether Fulham have a manager or not he has held discussions with their board members, the clubs have agreed a fee, it's on the brink - the new manager whomever he may be may well veto the transfer but even then he'll simply go elsewhere.

Sidwell will not line up alongside Petrov vs West Ham, IF Milner leaves I have confidence in MoN to find a replacement, just as he found Milner.

I think Milner can be replaced, the concern i have is that we've actually shown no ambition as a club to try and make him think again.

That is a good point and a big problem.

I'd imagine MON has the opinion i sign who i like, whatever the name or lack of, i dont care about showing ambition.

He is right upto a point but also in modern football ruined by money, its money that speaks. Milner sees a club doing all it can to buy success and give him the opportunity to earn lots and achieve success, what are we doing to show that?

MON needs to find the balance between old fashion values and modern day football and not be so stubborn.