What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I fail to see how people can believe Milner has already gone. Nothing will change till after the World Cup.

This.

Capello has banned all players from contract/transfer talks until after the World Cup.

Apparently...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually am not that fussed about losing Milner. Yes, id like him to stay, but with a GOOD bit of management we can easily work this to our own advantage. There are players out there we could sign that would make us a whole lot better as a team. He is definately going by the way so we may aswell just accept that.

I was thiinking about this possible team at work today:

--------------------Agbonlahor--------------------------

--------------------------R. Keane----------------------

young-----------Ireland-------Carrick------------Bentley

Warnock--------Dunne--------Collins----------M. Richards

--------------------------Friedel---------------------------

Ok. So this isnt going to happen obviously, but a team similar to that certainly wouldnt be out of the question if we managed the Milner situation well.

I´m undecided.

If Jimmy stays fine, we´ll have a great player on our hands.

If Jimmy leaves fine, then we´ll have 25-30 million for buying 2-3 potential great players.

Win win situation for me.

Wrong.

If we could buy players of Milner's calibre for £10m-ish, everyone else would know about them.

The players of the required calibre (Milner) are not available at the prices you mention.

It was nice knowing you James.

Anyone that thinks he is staying now is completely deluded.

Football sucks.

Stop talking out of your arse. You have seen three or four sentences attached to an article designed to sell newspapers/gain viewers/readers.

Nothing is settled yet. If Milner had said he was going to stay here then changed his mind, everyone would be calling him a Judas.

Milner has not said he is staying, which he does not have to. He is contracted to the club for another 21 months.

And if he goes, it may very well not be to Citeh.

So, don't call me deluded, and stop lapping up; everything the media broadcast/publish/print.

:!:

I actually am not that fussed about losing Milner. Yes, id like him to stay, but with a GOOD bit of management we can easily work this to our own advantage. There are players out there we could sign that would make us a whole lot better as a team. He is definately going by the way so we may aswell just accept that.

I was thiinking about this possible team at work today:

--------------------Agbonlahor--------------------------

--------------------------R. Keane----------------------

young-----------Ireland-------Carrick------------Bentley

Warnock--------Dunne--------Collins----------M. Richards

--------------------------Friedel---------------------------

Ok. So this isnt going to happen obviously, but a team similar to that certainly wouldnt be out of the question if we managed the Milner situation well.

The required response to this post starts with "muwa", and ends in "haha".

Football sucks.

Stop talking out of your arse. You have seen three or four sentences attached to an article designed to sell newspapers/gain viewers/readers.

Nothing is settled yet. If Milner had said he was going to stay here then changed his mind, everyone would be calling him a Judas.

Milner has not said he is staying, which he does not have to. He is contracted to the club for another 21 months.

And if he goes, it may very well not be to Citeh.

So, don't call me deluded, and stop lapping up; everything the media broadcast/publish/print.

:!:

Sorry, that should be 25 months...

Wrong.

If we could buy players of Milner's calibre for £10m-ish, everyone else would know about them.

Not quite, we buy players with the potential to be that good. Just like we bought Milner who had the potential to be as good as he is now.

Everyone knew about Milner, yet we still got him. If we go out and buy 2-3 players who will be better than Milner 3 years down the line then we've done well.

Is there a reliable source which states there are only 2 years left on his contract?

I'd be surprised if we don't have the option to extend the contract for an extra year as it's a pretty standard clause in player contracts these days (especially as we have an American owner).

From memory, I think we had the clause in both Bouma's and Laursen's contracts

Football sucks.

come on then razor where's the proof or because you said so he's gone, its not deluded to have faith in the management of aston villa, i dont think they want to sell and i dont think he wants to go, maybe you should remove your head from your self important ARSE and wait and see.

but then again i am deluded, and also i thinkits great what shearer has come out and said and think if Jimmy is thinking about it, Alan Shearer is a big idol of his and would listen to his advise, not that he needs it.

How about you save your big speech until the day he signs a new contract. Which he won't. I bet you thought we would get top 4 after losing 7-1 to Chelsea too and thought we could catch Arsenal up the season before. Deluded is the only word to use. Milner is leaving, get with it.

Wrong.

Not quite, we buy players with the potential to be that good. Just like we bought Milner who had the potential to be as good as he is now.

Everyone knew about Milner, yet we still got him. If we go out and buy 2-3 players who will be better than Milner 3 years down the line then we've done well.

We won't do well if we just keep selling them on,well never move forword if we become a selling club,but hay if we have to sell millner I'd rather sell to manure,city have showed how much class they have by trying to unsettle jimmy before the world cup..classless pig riding spunk balls the lot of um!!..

Two words spring to mind but I don't want to get banned :(

Comedian in the house!

You lot are jokers, take off those claret & blue specs for 5 minutes ffs.

It's not like im up in arms about him leaving, slating the chairman, manager etc. Im just a realist. I'll save this page for a few weeks time and you can apologise.

Comedian in the house!

It's not like im up in arms about him leaving, slating the chairman, manager etc. Im just a realist. I'll save this page for a few weeks time and you can apologise.

Just like Barry to Liverpool eh?

Not saying he won't go, but it's certainly not definate :lol:

Comedian in the house!

You're doom-mongering.

Just wondering Razor if you was one of the people who said Barry is a certainty to sign for Liverpool after the 07-08 season? You was right, he did go to Liverpool.....oh wait.

No, but i knew he would leave one way or another, which he did. I bet you were one of these blinded by loyalty that thought he had Villa4Life! tattoed on his bellend?

We won't do well if we just keep selling them on,well never move forword

People said the same last season, we won't replace Barry etc. And I was one of them. And Milner stepped up and replaced him, and we finished with more points on the table and had better runs in the league.

Now, if MON was competent enough to do that I have faith in him to replace Milner. Anyone who suggests otherwise is clutching at straws imo. Just learn the lessons from last season.

How many pages will this topic reach???? (bearing in mind nothing will happen until post WC - July 11th!!!!)

I'm in the camp of Jimmy signs a further contract extension and will see what happens the following season!