The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Cena wins back the title against Mysterio who'd won it earlier on in the night, then CM Punk walks on at the end of the match.

New walk on tune too (Living Colour - Cult of Personality for anyone that cares.

Cena is the champion again? :yawn: I remember when the World Title meant something, and didn't look crap.

Yeah but he won back a fake title after losing the real one.

It's not disastrous, I thought it was when he won (JR commentating was awesome, Rey puts Cena in the STFU, Cena supermans his way out, JR goes "he's just like superman"), but the CM Punk thing turned it awesome in a "how can you be the champion when I already won this belt off you" way. The fans giving more recognition to CM Punk holding it up was the icing on the cake as well.

Punk going from Black attire to White seems to be signaling a face turn, with Cena going the opposite way. WWE must have a hell of a lot of confidence in how things are going if they're going to turn their cash machine heel.

Incidentally, cult of personality was the entrance music CM Punk used on the independent circuit.

Rey Mysterio has a move called "I think I need to lie down and drink a camomile tea"?!

*sigh* the word filter on this site proves how crap it is yet again (can't say an abbreviation but you can say crap! The logic it fails me!).

The STFU, one of Cena's finishers. Although they just call it the STF these days, because we can't have swearing in wrestling!

Rey Mysterio has a move called "I think I need to lie down and drink a camomile tea"?!

*sigh* the word filter on this site proves how crap it is yet again (can't say an abbreviation but you can say crap! The logic it fails me!).

The STFU, one of Cena's finishers. Although they just call it the STF these days, because we can't have swearing in wrestling!

Shame, I think "Camomile Tea" would be a great name for a finisher. :)

I just watched a recording of the live version of RAW and noticed that the pop Cena got when he lifted the title infront of CM Punk is actually a lot quieter than the version of the video on WWE.com.

I say that as if I'm surprised, they've been doing that for years now with Cena.

The STF is an old move and has always been called the STF, it has only been named the STFU when used by Cena because he's 'ghetto'.

Cena wins everthing, you should know that by now.

I'm not happy Punk is back so soon, they have rushed it. They were really blurring the lines between fantasy and reality with him crashing conventions and taking the title to baseball games etc.

I suppose once they had crowned a 'new' champion though, they needed him back to dispute that and it should set up some interesting TV. It just should of waited longer.

The STF is an old move and has always been called the STF, it has only been named the I think I need to lie down and drink a camomile tea when used by Cena because he's 'ghetto'.

Indeed, but Cena's STF/U isn't an actual STF though, it's an STS.

Cena wins everthing, you should know that by now.

I'm not happy Punk is back so soon, they have rushed it. They were really blurring the lines between fantasy and reality with him crashing conventions and taking the title to baseball games etc.

I suppose once they had crowned a 'new' champion though, they needed him back to dispute that and it should set up some interesting TV. It just should have waited longer.

Aye.

I think they should have done a week of Rey as champ and then the Cena match next week, they WWE really can't do pacing with storylines like this.

Personally I'd have liked them to drag it out till the go home Raw before summerslam. Having cult of personality play after every "title" match, building up to the CM Punk entrance further down the line. But I guess they didn't want to lose the heat (the raw after MITB did pretty badly, because people knew CM Punk wouldn't be on it). I can understand in a way, because if you're one of the fans they're trying to capture with this angle then you're not going to sit through weeks of raw without punk with it just being same old same old rapadoo superman Cena, they had to bring Punk in to get people to watch it.

I'd say that we aren't sure punk is there for anything but shoving the real title in their faces to devalue their paper title, but after the cameras cut he got handed a mic and did a "I'mmm baaaaaaack".

The STF is an old move and has always been called the STF, it has only been named the I think I need to lie down and drink a camomile tea when used by Cena because he's 'ghetto'.

Indeed, but Cena's STF/U isn't an actual STF though, it's an STS.

I've been watching wrestling a looooooong time and I've never heard of an STS, what is it? The STF is a stepover toehold facelock, which is definitely what Cena uses.

edit: Never mind, it's a stepover toehold sleeper, google is my friend! And there was me thinking the STF/U was just an STF with poor technique.

I've been watching wrestling a looooooong time and I've never heard of an STS, what is it? The STF is a stepover toehold facelock, which is definitely what Cena uses.

edit: Never mind, it's a stepover toehold sleeper, google is my friend! And there was me thinking the STF/U was just an STF with poor technique.

Easy mistake to make when the WWE commentators basically suck at calling moves (Like CM Punk's MITB match where Cole called the Anaconda Vice completely wrongly, then when he does use it, Cole just stays silent), and Cena sucks at wrestling! (ok he's not dreadful, but he's not that good either).

I can see Punk getting the edge over Cena until SummerSlam, where they have a unification match, where Cena over comes the odds to win :yawn: possibly in some kind of loser leaves WWE angle (Punk gets a couple of months rest before coming back) then Cena will take the title to Wrestlemania and I'm not sure if he will lose to The Rock or in boring predictable WWE fashion, Cena looks beaten and then suddenly wins the match.

I hope I'm completely wrong but WWE have already messed up this storyline.

I wouldn't say they've messed it up yet, sure we could have done with a slow burn rather than the return this quick.

But yeah, SummerSlam is where we get to see how much they're into this story and how much has changed. The only way I'll accept a Cena win is with shenanigans and a heel turn.

I can't see The Rock winning at Wrestlemania, especially if it's for the title (why that added that I don't know, talk about tying your hands a year down the line) The Rock simply can't commit to enough appearances for a title reign.

WWE are getting in the Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero) so their roster is just getting better.

Heh, really? I know they lost their titles in ROH to Haas and Benjamin after holding them forever. I see Austin Aries is back in TNA though.

He won a match in the last PPV to 'win a contract', and the match included Jack Evans aswell. I used to like him, despite him being pretty much a pure spot monkey, how could you not like those crazy running 450 and corkscrew 630 splashes?? He used to flip about 3 times when he got hit with a clothesline :lol: They put on another RVD / Jerry Lynn match at that PPV too, as well as bringing back the 6 sided ring for that one night, might have to have a look at it

Â