The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I want this shirt

tumblr_mg9lpcaxCx1qd8g1eo1_500.jpg

Holy crap this is great. Now scouring ebay...

I feel like I could pull this off even as a 27 year old man who hasn't watched Wrestling regularly in like 7 years.

Edited by ThunderPower_14

Cena needs a heel turn/character change more than any wrestler in the history of wrestling has needed a heel turn/character change.

Even when his gimmick was new a decade ago it was the most boring mary-sue piece of garbage ever.

Sounds like Raw was a good one.  Cesaro is now a Paul Heyman guy!  Only Heyman could get the crowd to hate him so much with Lesnar and then come out to a massive pop with Cesaro.  Shield coming out for the DBry save was nice too.  It seems like WWE are finally listening to the fans.  D Bryan, Shield, Cesaro, Wyatt are the future of this company.

Cena needs a heel turn/character change more than any wrestler in the history of wrestling has needed a heel turn/character change.

Even when his gimmick was new a decade ago it was the most boring mary-sue piece of garbage ever.

Why has he never turned Heel?  Even Hogan turned Heel and it was brilliant.    Has any really popular/successful wrestler (like world champion level, I'm sure there are several mid carders) spent their entire career as a babyface? 

edit: Google search offers Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat and The Ultimate Warrior.  I'll take Ricky Steamboat but the Warrior wasn't really around for long enough to need a heel turn.  

Edited by The_Rev

Cena makes WWE too much money as a face.  The kids love him and he also gets lots of media attention for them with 'hustle, loyalty, respect; schtick.  They have been guilty of not building up stars to take over from Cena so he has had to carry the company on his shoulders.  The majority of the fans are so bored of him and have been for years.  Now Brian is so over and they are bringing the Shield and Cesaro through hopefully we will see a different side to Cena.

I do not like Cena at all but have massive respect for him and what he is done for the business.  Not many work harder then him. 

WWE still try and push him down our throat though and although the Wyatt match was great.  The crowd were cheering Wyatt when WWE wanted them to feel sympathy for Cena and his legacy and cheer him overcoming Wyatt.  Hopefully Wyatt can get him to turn heel or at least get a shift in to his character to become less goofy and more aggressive.

Sting only turned heel after WCW took their nosedive. I don't remember Foley as a heel but I'm. sure he was earlier on.

A really charismatic presence can do both heel and face equally well and still be incredibly popular, look at the Rock and Austin. I know it's not a fair comparison but the only current big name who can do heel or face really well is CM Punk and he's gone.

Cena was a heel back in 2004, he was just annoying. 10 years later he is a face and is just annoying.

He needs to turn heel and be a nasty heel too, a mix between a cocky Rock and cerebral assassin HHH at his peak.

Sting only turned heel after WCW took their nosedive. I don't remember Foley as a heel but I'm. sure he was earlier on.

A really charismatic presence can do both heel and face equally well and still be incredibly popular, look at the Rock and Austin. I know it's not a fair comparison but the only current big name who can do heel or face really well is CM Punk and he's gone.

Foley came in as a heel originally, Mankind was pretty creepy when he debuted. I believe he was also a heel back in 2006 when he and Edge teamed up... though I wasn't really watching around then as WWE was that bad.

Cena was a heel back in 2004, he was just annoying. 10 years later he is a face and is just annoying.

He needs to turn heel and be a nasty heel too, a mix between a cocky Rock and cerebral assassin HHH at his peak.

I just don't think Cena has that in him, he's a 4 move wonder and I don't know, I just really can't see him being anything more than a lame heel.

Foley came in as a heel originally, Mankind was pretty creepy when he debuted. I believe he was also a heel back in 2006 when he and Edge teamed up... though I wasn't really watching around then as WWE was that bad.

I just don't think Cena has that in him, he's a 4 move wonder and I don't know, I just really can't see him being anything more than a lame heel.

I think he cares about wrestling, and if asked to could add to his game, to become something of a monster. I'd watch to see it.

Â