Foo Fighters?

dont_do_it_doug.

Foo Fighters, Rock or Crock?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Foo Fighters, Rock or Crock?

• Rock Ooooooonnnnnnn!!!!
    • Cock, complete cock........

Does anyone own their recent (August?) album? I've only just started to listen too it, and I'm shocked by how many of the songs I've already heard (and love). How the hell did they escape my attention for so long?

Thoughts? Not just on the album but the band themselves......

I used to love them, and I have all of their albums. Simple, hard-hitting, good-time rock and roll.

I saw them live at the Kristiansand Quart festival this summer, and had the time of my life. Dave Grohl is a true entertainer.

Though, over the past couple of years I have turned soft. I prefer the bitter-sweet pop of Belle & Sebastian, Teenage Fanclub, Wilco and REM. I haven't really listened to Foo for months.

It's a shame, because they deserve attention. Even my attention :D

(edit again: didn't notice the "my" in "escaped....attention")

Guest RantinRob

First album was a classic.

Third album was good but not as good as the first.

havent got the others, but I like the band

The Foo Fighters are massive in Australia, I've seen the band themselves say how they can't believe just how massive they are in this country.

As for my opinion, I was put onto them when I was 15 or so by a neighbour, 'There is nothing left to lose' was about the third cd I brought, and I believe its also their third album? Its a cracker of a listen, 'One By One' is also a decent album, but 'In Your Honor' is probably up there with 'There is nothing left to lose' for me...

I like the foos, latest album (the double) is great, one cd is a full on rawk n roll and the other is a good collection of slower accoustic stuff. Dependant on my mood, both cds are very good.

Like the other albums too. Grohl is an awesome musician, some of his colaberation albums are also great (last years Killing Joke one and the QOTSA one too)

Awesome band, one of the best ive seen live (3 times), best was probably at the birmingham academy on the theres nothing left to lose tour. Dave Grohl loves performing and seems very down to earth. For me the colour and the shape has to be their best album with everlong being one of the best tracks ever!

I liked them when I saw them live, put on a really good show (even if I almost got crushed to death as I was right at the front...) but I would never listen to their recorded stuff. Only song I have on the computer is All My Life which became a bit of a soundtrack to our time at 6th form. But that doesn't make it a good song, so did Toxic by Britney Spears and Hey Ya by Outkast.

saw them 2 years ago at the NEC and i touched dave grohls hair.

Im not a fan of there later stuff, but there early albums are superb, my fave songs:

Big Me

Aurora

Learn to fly

Monkey wrench

my hero

everlong

Tired of you.

saw them 2 years ago at the NEC and i touched dave grohls hair.

Im not a fan of there later stuff, but there early albums are superb, my fave songs:

Big Me

Aurora

Learn to fly

Monkey wrench

my hero

everlong

Tired of you.

Monkey Wrench. There's another tune I absolutely love, but up until a couple of weeks ago I never knew who recorded it.

I'm pleased the poll has gone the way I expected because they truly are the unsung heroes of a generation......

you dont have a not sure there mate as that would be my vote as i havn't heard much of them and what i have heard has been pretty decent so sit on the fence for me :D

Trust me Mark, take the time to hunt down a few of their albums and you won't be on the fence any longer......

Unfortunately, I think Foo Fighters are the most over-rated dullest pile of tedious arsewank to ever be put out by any record label in the history of the world EVER.

I think you're getting them confused with Coldplay.

:winkold:

Â