Foo Fighters?

dont_do_it_doug.

Foo Fighters, Rock or Crock?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Foo Fighters, Rock or Crock?

• Rock Ooooooonnnnnnn!!!!
    • Cock, complete cock........

I like them but then I was and still am a Nirvana child. I voted Rock on because Grohl has great beards, he once looked like a little girl in Nirvana which worked and he had a song called Big Me about 15 years ago. I enjoyed them live also.

I prefer Grohl banging the drums.

Have to be one of the most over-rated "rock" bands ever. First 2 albums were brilliant, at the time. But Jesus christ, everything else has just been awful and so samy, they're the most uncharismatic band to ever exist. They're all as individuals so boring, and it shows through the music. There's nothing rock n roll about this band in music terms or in terms of the members of the band. So boring. Dave Grohl is an absolutely awful frontman. He's just a friendly nice guy who's lyrically naive playing nerd rock.

Radio friendly unit shifters. As Cobain would have said....

Can you tell i don't like them?

I've seen them live a couple of times, they're nothing special at all. Pretty average.

Jesus H Christ!

Dave Grohl "an absolutely awful frontman"..."average live"?....are you on **** crack?!

I'm going to have to come back when I've calmed down. I don't think I've ever seen a more wrong (IMO) post on this site. Ever.

Don't mind the Foo's, a bit like Stereophonics and Kings Of Leon, in that they have some awesome singles but aren't an 'albums' band. I agree that Grohl is better behind the drums than he is as a frontman, his work with QOTSA on 'Songs for the deaf' is absolutely astounding, and his work with Them Crooked Vultures aint half bad either. He seems to work really well with Josh Homme, I think he should just sack of Foos and join whatever band Homme is currently playing in. I'd love to see the old style QOTSA (multiple vocalists) with Grohl in it, imagine seeing him and Homme singing vocals together, awesome!

Got my tickets this morning for their concert at the Milton Keynes next June. Can't wait!

How did you get them today?

02 customers get priority for some reason, didn't even know until I got told on the Tuesday. They sold like hot cakes this morning apparently.

I have heard much of their new stuff but have found a couple of the tracks on Spotify, pretty good to be fair. I went to see them on their One By One tour, that was class and Dave Grohl is an awesome performer. Probably my favourite band of that genre.

One by One is excellent. Used to love them. Saw them live at Slane '03, before Slane was shit.

Then I bought In Your Honour for €21 and was put off the band indefinitely

Got my tickets this morning for their concert at the Milton Keynes next June. Can't wait!

How did you get them today?

02 customers get priority for some reason, didn't even know until I got told on the Tuesday. They sold like hot cakes this morning apparently.

Yeah they did, i managed to get some for the sunday, sold out in less than an hour.

• 5 months later...
Â