Foo Fighters?

dont_do_it_doug.

Foo Fighters, Rock or Crock?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Foo Fighters, Rock or Crock?

• Rock Ooooooonnnnnnn!!!!
    • Cock, complete cock........

Don't get me bloody started on Coldplay!

Ohhh that's tempting! :lol:

I like the Foos a lot, currently listening to them in fact (got The Colour and The Shape blasting out). One band who I would kill to see live. I got my hands on the 'Everywhere But Home' DVD in 2003, it shows how awesome a show they can put on.

And with a full surround sound system, it's one hell of a show :winkold:

saw them 2 years ago at the NEC and i touched dave grohls hair.

Me too! When he came to the front and stood up on the barriers, that was right in front on me. :D

i had to pull this girl out the pitt cus she was getting trampled on, when i dragged her out she give me a kiss, i stayed away from the the pitt and dave jumped off stage and walked round, climbed up on to the seating area, when he walked back i touched his hair.

it was funny when dave climed on that bloke on stage and pretended to hump him, and when he was takin the mick out of missy elliot.

i am even in a pic on the website.

heres aload of pics from the gig.

http://tinyurl.com/8eg9e

I've been a fan since i fell in love with 'this is a call' and I think 'In your honor' is almost like a comeback album since i didn't like 'there's nothing left to lose' that much although it has a few great songs(next year, aurora, and generator spring to my mind).

'One by one' was a step into the right direction but the latest album finally got there and IMO is their best release since 97. Both cds are brilliant. The harder cd is probably their most easily accessible ever and that's not a bad thing. There's not a weak song in the softer one.

saw them 2 years ago at the NEC and i touched dave grohls hair.

Me too! When he came to the front and stood up on the barriers, that was right in front on me. :D

i had to pull this girl out the pitt cus she was getting trampled on, when i dragged her out she give me a kiss, i stayed away from the the pitt and dave jumped off stage and walked round, climbed up on to the seating area, when he walked back i touched his hair.

it was funny when dave climed on that bloke on stage and pretended to hump him, and when he was takin the mick out of missy elliot.

i am even in a pic on the website.

heres aload of pics from the gig.

http://tinyurl.com/8eg9e

Awesome pictures, i'm also on that first pic of the crowd, i remember it being on the website after the gig. Dave stood on the barriers right in front on me and started taking pictures with peoples cameras. He's a great entertainer and always gets the crowd involved. I took a close pic of him but it was on a single use camera and im not sure where the pics are now, i might come across it one day.

I saw them at the NEC last Sunday (11/12/05) and they rocked. Hit out a few songs of the new album to start things off and played some classics, Monkey Wrench... Learn To Fly Everlong...The One. Played some stuff of one by one with my Fave times like these. And finished the encore with All My Life that really is an absolute kick ass song live. They are a great band live musically and physically. At one point Dave Grohl jumped off the stage into the crowd, ran into the middle on a stage in the standing section and played guitar in the middle of the arena for a solo that was simply amazing.

• 4 years later...

New album in the works apparently.

Even if it's not very good, it'll sell.

Still like the debut album best (which was really Grohl solo) but I do like Hawkins, great drummer

I liked them when they first came out, but everything since "Everlong" sounds like the same **** song with the treble turned up to eleven, the same yelling vocal style, the same mishmash kind of music.

I don't know what the guy is yelling about, and the music isn't good enough for me to want to find out.

Have to be one of the most over-rated "rock" bands ever. First 2 albums were brilliant, at the time. But Jesus christ, everything else has just been awful and so samy, they're the most uncharismatic band to ever exist. They're all as individuals so boring, and it shows through the music. There's nothing rock n roll about this band in music terms or in terms of the members of the band. So boring. Dave Grohl is an absolutely awful frontman. He's just a friendly nice guy who's lyrically naive playing nerd rock.

Radio friendly unit shifters. As Cobain would have said....

Can you tell i don't like them?

I've seen them live a couple of times, they're nothing special at all. Pretty average.

Â