Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Nay, that treasure thingy sounds impossible!

They're not. As you become more familiar with the landscape, you'll find them without much hassle. Sure you'll struggle here and there but don't give in to using a guide.

Honestly, people out there who have used a guide or a youtube video to find them are robbing themselves of a great piece of content.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the tips Risso.

About the bounty, how do you get rid of it or pay it off?

You can either go into the telegram office and pay it off, or if you've got a pardon, use that. I tend to only use pardons if I've been on a bit of a spree. Small amounts you may as well just pay off.

They're not. As you become more familiar with the landscape, you'll find them without much hassle. Sure you'll struggle here and there but don't give in to using a guide.

Honestly, people out there who have used a guide or a youtube video to find them are robbing themselves of a great piece of content.

Indeed Sie. Some of them are really easy, some of them are a pain in the arse, but there's more of a sense of achievement if you do it yourself.

Wiggy, it's actually worth doing as many treasure hunts as you can early on, because not only are they good fun, but the treasure you get sells for a lot of dosh, which can then fund your house/gun/medicine/horse deed purchases.

Indeed Sie. Some of them are really easy, some of them are a pain in the arse, but there's more of a sense of achievement if you do it yourself.

Wiggy, it's actually worth doing as many treasure hunts as you can early on, because not only are they good fun, but the treasure you get sells for a lot of dosh, which can then fund your house/gun/medicine/horse deed purchases.

Yeah sounds like a good way to acclimatise yourself with the map, but as for the first one, i really would know where to start! Will this become apparent and easy to find as i move through the game or is it all about searching the map?

Cheers for your help also Sie :)

Yeah sounds like a good way to acclimatise yourself with the map, but as for the first one, i really would know where to start! Will this become apparent and easy to find as i move through the game or is it all about searching the map?

Cheers for your help also Sie :)

The first one shows a rock and a noose doesn't it? Is there a location with a name that combines those two elements? I'd have a nose around there.....

wiggyrichard, I only started playing the game on Saturday and I've already got a good idea of the areas and the different paths to different towns.

I started off by doing a few of the missions from Bonnie or the Sheriff, but before long I got sucked into the game, scenery and some of the random people I've met. In doing that I ended up spening hours away from the original storylines and learning differnet parts of the map - by accident.

Also - my game time is about 8 hours and I haven't even looked at the treasure map yet... I forgot all about it! (might have to look when I get back :D)

wiggyrichard, I only started playing the game on Saturday and I've already got a good idea of the areas and the different paths to different towns.

I started off by doing a few of the missions from Bonnie or the Sheriff, but before long I got sucked into the game, scenery and some of the random people I've met. In doing that I ended up spening hours away from the original storylines and learning differnet parts of the map - by accident.

Also - my game time is about 8 hours and I haven't even looked at the treasure map yet... I forgot all about it! (might have to look when I get back :D)

Same here, started on Saturday but only managed about 3 hours of game time. Did the 1st mission for the marshal and had every intention of riding back to Bonnie...instead i have met a homeless person, tracked down some 'outlaws', spunked most of my money playing poker and skinned a bull :D

i have met a homeless person, tracked down some 'outlaws', spunked most of my money playing poker and skinned a bull :D

"skinned a bull" ? is that code? :winkold:

If so then I've skinned a bull everytime I've played this game! I've also sat on a rat.

No, scrap the last one.. It sounds like a gay euphemism.

I'm addicted to Liar's Dice as well, great game.

Havnt played that yet, ive just been told i can play 5 card fillet or something, whats that all about?

It's Five Finger Fillet, a game where you have to stab a knife between your fingers.

Â