Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

euq5qf.jpg

I was riding along en route to stealing my $1000 (which I now have, and I got a fuckload of honour for it too) and some lady tried to set one of those honey traps on me. She is hogtied and lying on the railway lines waiting for the train to hit her. You get a trophy/achievement if you do that and hang around to watch the impact too.

Oh, and I got my second three star horse too. Hungarian Half Breed, its white and it lives in Mexico. I'll use that one for a while now, Ruud deserves a break.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was riding along en route to stealing my $1000 (which I now have, and I got a fuckload of honour for it too)...

So how did you get to keep that $1000?

For that stranger mission, even though you get the choice to give the guy the money or keep it for yourself, there is a third option - give him the money to end the mission then shoot the word removed. Loot his corpse to become $1000 richer.

I was riding along en route to stealing my $1000 (which I now have, and I got a fuckload of honour for it too)...

For that stranger mission, even though you get the choice to give the guy the money or keep it for yourself, there is a third option - give him the money to end the mission then shoot the word removed. Loot his corpse to become $1000 richer.
Also, use a bandana when you do it, that stops your honour decreasing.

Also, use a bandana when you do it, that stops your honour decreasing.

Which is precisely what I did.

Im pining a bit for MW2 now too. Mostly because of the cougars. I'd show the furry little bastard's who is boss if I had an AC-130!

Took out the cougars. Seems the best strategy is to pick the shittiest gun you have and soften them up with a couple of shots from that, then stab them. You only need to get the killing blow with the knife.

Enjoyed the free roam too Si. I was almost insulted at the start when my mount was a donkey that was barely faster than walking! I kept trying to steal NPC's mounts, but the only ones that dont run off are stagecoaches and carts. Trying to get a cart around some of those twisty turns is hella fun too, I can tell you! That's why I kept trying to steal your mount after a couple of hideout clearances, at least that way I was able to keep up with you between hideouts. **** knows what I did to exit the session though, I pressed something and I was suddenly in a deathmatch! Still, I used that opportunity to change into some of the stuff I unlocked. My character is now a big fat Mexican guy with a huge sombrero!

I might buy a USB headset for my PS3 now. The bluetooth ones are rubbish, but I'd like to have a chat when I play cowboy.

Ive put many a victim on the train tracks and watch them get splattered by the train but never received a trophy for it, and this is on PS3, which is the same as the screen shot above..

Ive put many a victim on the train tracks and watch them get splattered by the train but never received a trophy for it, and this is on PS3, which is the same as the screen shot above..

It has to be a woman for that achievement/trophy but you may have also encountered a bug.

I killed a Nun.........

Made it to Mexico last night. Did the first few fights until I could buy my room, so haven't explored much yet. Can you get back to New Austen?

Yeah, you can cross the border to your hearts content. I tend to use fast travel if I am crossing the border, but there is no reason to leave Mexico for ages, there is a ton to do over there.

It's more that I've a got a few things I want to finish in New Austen Nays, ebfore getting stuck into Mexico. The inner WoW obsessive in me is driving me to finish all available quests in that area first.

Did well on the FFA matches I played last night. Averaged around the 25:3 ratio and finished second every time. I had some whiny American kid (there's always a few on Multiplayer isn't there?) saying that I had been using a glitch to cheat as I killed him three or four times in a row. That made me chuckle.

I wasnt going to get this as it seemed like it would be limited to where you could go and what you could do. Seems i may have been wrong from what you guys are saying. Worth the punt?

Took out the cougars. Seems the best strategy is to pick the shittiest gun you have and soften them up with a couple of shots from that, then stab them. You only need to get the killing blow with the knife.

Is that one of the hunter challenges? I've just done the one where I had to kill 5 wolves with my knife and skin them. Just ran around on foot slicing them up.

Yep. The cougars are sneaky **** though. If you ever wondered what playing Warlock vs Rogue was like in WoW, the first time a cougar comes flying out of nowhere and kills you in two hits will satisfy your curiosity!

It has to be a woman for that achievement/trophy but you may have also encountered a bug.

I killed a Nun.........

That explains it then, all the ones i have killed so far have been male.

You should probably just put the PS3 on instead. The police take a very dim view of premeditated murder.

Spose you're right. Not sure how much damage the Manx Electric Railway would do anyway.

Yep. The cougars are sneaky **** though. If you ever wondered what playing Warlock vs Rogue was like in WoW, the first time a cougar comes flying out of nowhere and kills you in two hits will satisfy your curiosity!
A cheap alternative is simply standing on a rock, they can't touch you and you just pick them off. Not as satisfying though.

Â