Portal 2

villa89

Yahtzee review. Pretty bang on for my money.

Just me that finds this really, really dull then? I haven't played the first one, so maybe I'm missing something important, but I think I'm about halfway through and am just not enjoying it at all. Firstly it's very easy, and none of the rooms have been very thought provoking, and secondly, it's very repetitive, and as I said it's just dull. Think I'll trade it in this week.

I have similar feelings. The original was great, I think a large part of that came from it being such a surprise, no one thought some stuff thrown together to make the Orange Box was going to be GoTY. It just doesn't have enough substance or variety for me to think much of it as a stand alone game.

I can understand people not liking it. I think you need to buy into the style, the quirkyness, the humour. Playing the first definitely helps (though as I said earlier in the topic, I think it's perfectly possible to play and enjoy this a lot without having even heard of the first). If you don't buy into it, you won't enjoy it as much I don't think.

I don't think it's as good as the first, it's a little more baggy and it's a little less original, it lacks a little of the charm of the first game partly because it is a longer experience and because it obviously lacks the surprise novelty of the first too. But it's still great.

There isn't THAT much humour though. There's a bit from Merchant, and the snotty comments from the lady robot, but they're not enough to puncture the tedium in my opinion. If I'd paid a similar amount for this as I did Braid (which I thought was a lot better) I'd think it about right. Shouldn't have been a full price game, complete rip off.

It was a bit pricey considering the length of the campaign. I did have a bit of buyer's remorse after I'd finished it in one sitting. "Well there's £35 gone, now what?". (I don't trade in games).

Co-op, yeah, but that's only good for one playthrough as well.

I did enjoy it though.

Yeah, I can agree on the pricing. I don't think it would've been expecting too much for the first one to be included aswell, for those that hadn't played it. At least the DLC will be free

Well I persevered in the hope I'd start to enjoy it more as often happens with games I'm initially underwhelmed by, but no, I have to say that's one of the biggest wastes of thirty odd quid I've ever spent. What a **** rip off.

That's mostly just because it's not a shooter I suspect. Emperor's New Clothes Syndrome.

Braid is a much better puzzler in just about every respect.

I think it's more that it's a good, well made and produced game doing something a bit different. It's not successful on it's nature as a puzzler (there are more devious, more complex, more taxing puzzlers), it's successful on it's nature as a well made original concept with humour and very few flaws.

Whilst the shooter market is at saturation and anything good that is different should be applauded, any new shooter entering the market that innovates and is polished will be applauded, so I don't think the big thing behind the love for Portal is that it's not an FPS.

The game is a bit disappointing for me. The puzzles are similar, and it's all a bit repetitive. Maybe if there was a crazed android trying to kill me, I'd be more interested. Blasting holes and redirecting laser beams is.....meh....

I appreciate the graphics and the writing, but the gameplay hasn't grabbed me. I hope it does soon, cuz I'm close to giving up on it....

How many chapters are there?

Im currently on the the bit with the bouncy blue gel. done about 5/6 of those ones.

Not 'loving' it like some, its ok, like the first, and like Risso said its not very hard and very repetitivie.

9 Chapters in the single player.

5 in the co op.

I have to say the co op is quite brilliant. I preferred it to the single player, and I loved the single player.

Cant play co-op on mine..... :suspect:

Course you can! Even if youre offline you can still play splitscreen. If youve got any friends/be 2 controllers at once

And on PS3 co-op; add me so I can hug you and get the hugging trophy. Only been able to get one from my friends list so far :cry:

Cant play co-op on mine..... :suspect:

Course you can! Even if youre offline you can still play splitscreen. If youve got any friends/be 2 controllers at once

And on PS3 co-op; add me so I can hug you and get the hugging trophy. Only been able to get one from my friends list so far :cry:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nayson/

Add me if you want some cross platform hugs.

Â