FAC: Reading a Travel & Social

limpid

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any.

Should anyone be thinking of going to this by train then don't pay the £40 ish return fare, but split your journey by return BNS - Banbury £14.80, and return Banbury - Reading £10.... this is assuming there are no cheap tickets available.

Should anyone be thinking of going to this by train then don't pay the £40 ish return fare, but split your journey by return BNS - Banbury £14.80, and return Banbury - Reading £10.... this is assuming there are no cheap tickets available.

From what I can see the train is a bit of a nightmare. 2hrs + and needing 2 changes to take you to train station miles from the ground.

Anyone know of any unofficial coach operators who will run early buses to a nearby pub first?

Pubs - Last time I went the only pub Villa fans were in was an Irish bar attached to a hotel (possibly a Travelodge) on the way in to the ground. From what I can recall the prices were expensive and the food prices were unbelievably high! But as it seems like the only place so if anyone can find out where it is exactly and post details on here that would be great...

if any one is going by train yes it is a about 5 miles from the ground but they run shuttle buses from the train station cost last time i went £2 return you might have to wait up to an hour after match to get back to station . pubs there is a pub next to the train station wear all the villa fans were last time .

Im a season ticket holder living in South Wales, but have never been to an away game. Will try and get tickets for this but i have no knowledge of the away support scene at all.

What do most people do? Get on supporters buses? Also if i turn up to a Villa pub on my own will it be fairly friendly? i.e. i dont really want a lonesome day stood on my doug.

Im a season ticket holder living in South Wales, but have never been to an away game. Will try and get tickets for this but i have no knowledge of the away support scene at all.

What do most people do? Get on supporters buses? Also if i turn up to a Villa pub on my own will it be fairly friendly? i.e. i dont really want a lonesome day stood on my doug.

Alright mate,

If you're coming on your own from S. Wales, you'd probably be as well on the train. When you get off at Reading, go into the pub that's joined onto the station on the right hand side as you leave the station ( can't remember it's name just now). Rest assured it'll be packed with Villa. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a few more on the train up either. There's a shuttle bus to the ground across from the pub.

Tbh, if you car it, it'd probably be a bit lonely, given there's no away pubs near the ground and the car parking is crap and dear.

If you go for the train option, message me and meet me and a couple of others in there if you want.

Alright mate,

If you're coming on your own from S. Wales, you'd probably be as well on the train. When you get off at Reading, go into the pub that's joined onto the station on the right hand side as you leave the station ( can't remember it's name just now). Rest assured it'll be packed with Villa. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a few more on the train up either. There's a shuttle bus to the ground across from the pub.

Tbh, if you car it, it'd probably be a bit lonely, given there's no away pubs near the ground and the car parking is crap and dear.

If you go for the train option, message me and meet me and a couple of others in there if you want.

If you do decide you want to drive, then if you come off m4 J11 and head towards reading on the B3033 there is a big harvester pub on the right hand side.

Last time we played reading we drove and parked here for nothing and the pub was fairly busy with a good mix of reading and villa supporters.

Takes about 15mins to walk back down to the ground. Thats where ill be heading once the coach has parked up!!

Lots of lads using the offical travel because of lack of transport to this one.

Fair few of the usual coach companys are not bothering either.......

Whats the official travel like.......go to nearly every away day but on train....pub coaches etc...

My first away day and i'm looking forward to this as much as Wembley on Sunday! Which pub's will we be allowed in? Anyone know the name of the pub that someone mentioned earlier?

The pub ill be trying to use is called The World Turned Upside. Its a fairly big harvester pub on the baisingstoke road. 10/15mins walk from ground!!

My first away day and i'm looking forward to this as much as Wembley on Sunday! Which pub's will we be allowed in? Anyone know the name of the pub that someone mentioned earlier?

The pub ill be trying to use is called The World Turned Upside. Its a fairly big harvester pub on the baisingstoke road. 10/15mins walk from ground!!

Anyone know if you can actually park at this pub and what it's like getting out again?

It depends - sometimes they stop at a services on the way, sometimes they don't.

I've been with them half a dozen times this season, on occasions got there 2 hours before kick off, others just an hour.