The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

ESPN launches Premier League goals app

The sports broadcaster ESPN is launching a mobile phone service that promises video footage of every Premier League goal, "usually within minutes" of the ball crossing the line.

ESPN Goals will offer news and live scores free, with the complete video service priced at £3.99 a month or £29.99 for the season. It will be available to UK users as an app on the iPhone or Android and through ESPN's mobile site. Service via other mobile stores, such as Nokia's Ovi, is expected to follow.

ESPN, which is owned by Disney, has the television rights to 23 Premier League matches this season, but UK mobile highlights rights for all the league's games for the next three years.

It is positioning the mobile video service as the first place to see all goal highlights, "usually within minutes of the action on the pitch", ahead of TV programmes such as Match of the Day on the BBC and BSkyB's Football First. The mobile highlights are also ahead of the window for online rights, which are held by Yahoo.

The broadcaster said it can push out goal highlights swiftly after goals are scored, except during the "protected TV window" from 2.45pm to 5.15pm on Saturdays.

"Mobile media has seen dramatic growth in recent years and has proven to be a significant and important part of the way people connect to the sport they love," said Tom Gleeson, the vice-president of digital media for ESPN International. "ESPN Goals will serve as a fantastic complement to our television business in the UK."

I'm really happy people are still coming on this thread to say how good android is. Saves me going on the android or even the apple v android thread.

Sarcasm off.

Couldn't have put it better myself, its like guys who go on about having big penises, usually they are the ones who can't get an erection and have a penis that looks like a dried out slug.

(Got that quote from a female friend, thos guy kept boasting, she said "let me have a look" and basically that is what she said about him - he ended up being my boss too, a few years back)

I'm really happy people are still coming on this thread to say how good android is. Saves me going on the android or even the apple v android thread.

Sarcasm off.

You do know he didn't mention Android. So how do you know he has an android phone? I have never liked Apple or the iPhone but that opinion has been there for years, it didn't only come about when I got an Android phone a few months back.

Anyway, Google maps is on the iPhone too so when the Google Maps Navigation is turned on for Europe we'll all be able to get it for free.

Aaaaaaaaanyway. I love my iphone, I've given up chasing the lastest and greatest and for me the iphone is fine.

I've said angry birds, we all know about that one. Asphalt 5 is 59p now, or was a couple days back when I bought it... good straight forward arcade racer. I've had real racing for a while now, bought it full price shockingly but it is really good. Paper Toss is one you all know about probably.

Skies of Glory has good graphics as has x invasion 2 but I just can't get the hang of flying games :(

ibasket free is a good time waster. MonsterTN is ok too, same as the miniclip game, gets boring quickly though.

Dragon Dictation might be worth your while checking out, works pretty good for me.

Just used navigon and can see it is equally as good as my Tom Tom plus it has text to speech (names road names etc) which is handy. Well Worth £15 imo. You can also buy traffic for £6.99 one off fee instead of a monthly fee TT charge.

Sarcasm off.

You do know he didn't mention Android. So how do you know he has an android phone? I have never liked Apple or the iPhone but that opinion has been there for years, it didn't only come about when I got an Android phone a few months back.

Anyway, Google maps is on the iPhone too so when the Google Maps Navigation is turned on for Europe we'll all be able to get it for free.

It's been turned on in Europe for months. I use mine for navigation all the time. Google won't ever release Navigation for iPhone though so whether or not Apple consider having free sat nav on the phone is too techy or not will dictate their next move with that.

Iphone rage demo 60fps;

http://tiny.cc/t1cdp

Looks Awesome but I am sure CV will be along shortly to piss all over

it! :winkold:

**Correct link now added**

Of course I'm here as always. The A4 processor apple commissioned Samsung to make has PowerVR SGX535 Gpu which delivers 28mil triangles a second.

The galaxy s has the SGX540 which rather than being simply better is 90mil triangles a second.

The PS3 does 250mil per sec.

You don't think samsung would give a rival a better processor do you?

Got myself an iPad and loving it! Any tips for good apps?

angry birds (you'll be addicted, ask b23!)

Plants vs zombies

flick football

Fm 2010

CVbyrne's classic all time android wank app (for those who have no release)

Bejeweled 2

plunderland

Tools

Aston Villa official APP

Air mouse

Flashlight (if you have IP4)

Photo things

Incredibooth (IP4)

Iswap faces

Got myself an iPad and loving it! Any tips for good apps?

angry birds (you'll be addicted, ask b23!)

Plants vs zombies

flick football

Fm 2010

CVbyrne's classic all time android wank app (for those who have no release)

Bejeweled 2

plunderland

Tools

Aston Villa official APP

Air mouse

Flashlight (if you have IP4)

Photo things

Incredibooth (IP4)

Iswap faces

Err, thanks for the effort but I don't think you read my post properly? I've had an iPhone for ages but just got an IPAD and wondered if anyone knew any good apps?

Have to add while I'm here and I've had it a few days. Its awesome!

Â