The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Just much quicker.

Moving from page to page is quicker.

Opening apps is quicker.

Taking photos is quicker.

Not sure what they have done but this is a huge improvement.

Multitasking is very fast, quicker than I expected. I went from one app to another, back again, then to another and all within seconds.

Bloody hell, sky sports football app opened up within seconds, same for sky news app. Things that normally leave me waiting are so much quicker and I am not even connected to wifi or 3g (when testing those!)

Everything is definitely working at twice the speed.

Finally, folders tidy things up brilliantly.

I like that I can lock my phone in landscape or portrait, brilliant.

I love multitasking and it is so quick, that is what makes it work so well.

Moving from page to page is brilliant speed.

Somehow, the internet is quicker to browse, loading times for me have halved on a normal network, I do not get 3g here and for wifi the loading is so clean.

It just looks cleaner and having personal wallpapers makes it more my phone!

And that is it for now, very happy with this update. Well done Apple.

Oh and finally, the new google search engine is good too, very quick with suggestions;

ae3bzl.png

See my link on previous page?

1) Open Itunes and do update to 9.2 (help icon at top and search for update)

2) Find download by going to your synced Phone and holding shift and then clicking restore.

3) Finito

When you plug your iphone in, click on 'my iphone' (or whatever yours is named) it then shows you options [search for updates] and [restore] I am guessing you are not mac, if that is the case, hold down shift key and click restore. Find where you downloaded the IPW file from the previous page and open it. The update will commence.

You don't lose all the data, for me I didn't even have to re-sync things back on, although saying that I did it via the update button (shift and click on that) obviously I cannot promise bad things won't happen, I don't know if the sync might be interrupted during you doing it, all I can say is I have helped 3 mates do theirs today and all are working perfectly (as well as mine, no problems at all)

I would say, always do a back-up before updating, I do whenever I update or change settings.

Also, head into settings > Phone and make sure there is no Sim Pin on as that has caused errors for people with past updates.

Baring in mind each of the iphones have a different iOS4 which dodgy forgot to mention, if you install the wrong one it will **** up your phone.

So either find the right one or wait 4 days.

I assume if you upgrade you keep your existing tariff? if not O2 can **** off with those tariffs.

Apparently not. From what I had read it looks as if it is a choice between 18-24 month pay as you go deal, or a 24 month business contract. Plus you have to pay to get out of your current contract on top of that. Plus some of the cost of the new phone (depending on what you go for).

Baring in mind each of the iphones have a different iOS4 which dodgy forgot to mention, if you install the wrong one it will **** up your phone.

This Ios4 is less varied than previously.

As for the guy who asked if you stay on tariff, no which is why I am getting a PAYGO one.

This Ios4 is less varied than previously.

Less but still varied.

Still different ones for touch, 3g and iphone4/3gs

O2 completely screwed up. I was sent an email yesterday with all the iphone costs and tariffs on. They had the handset costing quite a bit more on a 24 month contract than an 18 month contract.

£177 for me to upgrade tom 16gb Iphone on a 12 month upgrade.

Cannot understand people moaning about having to buy out their contract and then the cost of the new handsets in all honesty. O2 are letting people buy them out at £20 a month which lets face it they dont have to do they. Yes the Iphone is expensive but look at the resale value at then end of your contract. No other phones comes close to holding their value.

I understand that mykeyb BUT there are a lot of things you lose out on if you upgrade, such as web browsing, its not longer unlimited. But your main point is correct but I have decided to buy PAYGO

£600 for 32gb reduced by £200 as I will sell my 3Gs

Also means in 18 months I can upgrade again if I want to and if there is a new phone on the horizon

Do you know how much data you use in an average month? I checked mine and since I have had it I have sent 125mb and received 1.3gb so it probably wont affect me. If your data usage is a lot hight then that may well become a major consideration.

I would imagine that at some point the unlimited data will be cancelled on all existing contracts at a point where it wont cost them too much if you decide to get out of your contract because of it.

If you are going to sell your 3GS have a look at CEX as they seem to have some pretty decent prices compared to prices they are going for on ebay at the moment.

Yeah my data is rather medium to low to be honest, I guess the new rules would not cause me problems. As for CEX, I don't trust them at all, not with phones. I traded my Iphone 3G in last year, it was in perfect condition apart from a slight mark on the back, because of that they knocked it down to a **** C grade!

Another friend of mine, got a 3G and had it for a month and decided he wanted to get a 3Gs. (I told him to wait but he was impatient!) he took it to CEX and they said it was poor condition! Knocked his down to a C grade, so he went back in with the receipt the next day, saw somebody else who graded it as B!

idiots there.

Â