The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Ok, I see the advantage of email, but if I wanna send a picture of my kids to their nan who lives 200miles away for instance, mms is the best, quickest, cheapest way.

Im just suprised that the iPhone which seems to have everything, doesnt have mms capability. It should have both MMS and Email.

Cheapest? I think you'll find regardless of the phone and company that SMS and MMS are probably the most expensive forms of data transfer anywhere in the world

Ok, I see the advantage of email, but if I wanna send a picture of my kids to their nan who lives 200miles away for instance, mms is the best, quickest, cheapest way.

Im just suprised that the iPhone which seems to have everything, doesnt have mms capability. It should have both MMS and Email.

It does have MMS but you pay seperately.

It will have MMS full capacity in 10 days.

Seriously, how often do I need to comment?

Yeh, in ten days. how long has the iPhone been out though?

Anyway, my point is made.

Apple **** up and didnt include it originally. Now 02 are charging silly money for a phone that isn't realy all that.

I sent an MMS 20 mins ago.

Cheaper than buying a digital camera, printing a photo and posting it?

All that for 30p?

I said data transfer

You've had to buy your camera phone whether you like it or not and have in all probability paid more for it that a stand alone camera, the printing is irrelvant as the cost is the same (though the quality would be diminished with a camera phone) and posting a photo isn't data transfer, its posting a photo

Ok 'data transfer'..

A text is free on my contract, unlimited amount. even on PAYG you get free texts now.

So sending an sms is free. Pretty cheap that it is.

Anyway, MMS is available on the new iPhone whoopty do.

Am I the only one getting a bit bored by Gingerbloke's 1 man crusade against the iphone?

Its cause im jealous really.

That's the same reason we make fun of you for being ginger ;)

Ok 'data transfer'..

A text is free on my contract, unlimited amount. even on PAYG you get free texts now.

Nope, you still pay for it, there is no such thing as free, the costs are just hidden and presented in a different way

Ok 'data transfer'..

Nope, you still pay for it, there is no such thing as free, the costs are just hidden and presented in a different way

Last month I sent 5700 text messages used 570 mins

I was charged £26.

So ignoring the minutes and line rental charges then, I was charged 0.0045p per text.

Its as close to free as it comes.

and how much data did those texts contain? virtually next to **** all, its still grossly expensive. The fact that you don't understand why isn't really my problem

transfer that amount of data and price up to the gigabyte level and you've just been ripped off

and how much data did those texts contain? virtually next to **** all, its still grossly expensive. The fact that you don't understand why isn't really my problem

transfer that amount of data and price up to the gigabyte level and you've just been ripped off

Ok. SMS are really expensive and everyone should buy a £300 phone to send an email and have to pay £35 a month for it.

You win.

Â