LC: Final vs Man Utd Social

Wainy316

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any. I hope I got all the posts from the original merged thread. limpid

Are most people thinking of going down to London on the Saturday or Sunday?

I reckon i'll be spending Staurday night in north london, if there's a Villa social anywhere in that area let us know.

I read somewhere that a big Villa fan was planning on hiring out a venue in Wembley to show the game to people who can't get tickets, said the capacity could hold 6,000. If this is the case Villa are absolutely going to invade the Wembley area. This is going to be bigger than Allah, Jesus and the Beatles spliced into a single incarnate being.

38 days till Wembley.....

Whats the crack with the pubs around wembley? Is there a pub, or area villa fans are going to be heading for on final day!!!? Will be down london town for the saturday night so any villa fans planning to meet then let it be known! let the invasion commence.

I reckon i'll be spending Staurday night in north london, if there's a Villa social anywhere in that area let us know.

I read somewhere that a big Villa fan was planning on hiring out a venue in Wembley to show the game to people who can't get tickets, said the capacity could hold 6,000. If this is the case Villa are absolutely going to invade the Wembley area. This is going to be bigger than Allah, Jesus and the Beatles spliced into a single incarnate being.

The (in)famous Danny Brown

The (in)famous Danny Brown

That'd be the chap, is this plan coming to fruition?

the St Josehphs club on the island by the Marriott, digs just round the corner, was full of villa in 2000 for the semi and the final, the bloke who owns it is a brummie!!! i will be in there drinking away, their details are online, you may have to pay 1.50 to get in but will be well worth it.

As luck would have it, I'm in London for work the week preceding the final. Pushed my flight back to the morning of March 1st. Trying to get a ticket (just need one), but it might still be pretty good to meet up at a pub near Wembley with a big Villa contingent.

As this is the "social" and travel thread, this must be the place to ask the question,

Is the Greyhound pub still open and if so, are we going to take it over as usual?

The atmospehere at that pub, at the last 3 finals we have been in, has been brilliant. I haven't been to the new Wembley so I am hoping that this pub is still open and will be the watering hole on cup final day!

If it isn't, can anyone suggest another pub to go to on the day of the game?

I was told that the police allocate pubs to teams nowadays for the big finals based on which side of the ground each set of fans are housed. Therefore we would need to be allocated the west end of the stadium to be allocated the greyhound amongst others on that side of the ground.

Thanks Drat & Bully for the info on the pub situation.

One other question for you lads. Do you know if people are allowed into Wembley in full fancy dress? There are four of us who are thinking of going dressed in old crusader costumes with plastic sword and shield. I am not so sure they would let us in with the plastic stuff but a couple of the others reckon they might. What do you guy's think?

Thanks Drat & Bully for the info on the pub situation.

One other question for you lads. Do you know if people are allowed into Wembley in full fancy dress? There are four of us who are thinking of going dressed in old crusader costumes with plastic sword and shield. I am not so sure they would let us in with the plastic stuff but a couple of the others reckon they might. What do you guy's think?

I got into VP for Mellerg's last home game with a plastic sword and nothing was said.

I have been to Wembley for the last couple of finals (working) the Police liaise with landlords, FA etc. and decide which clubs have which pubs nearer the time, I hopefully will know soon and try and post up as soon as I know.

BTW you can get a carry out and drink on Wembley way etc. no bother from Cops or stewards, which is nice if the weather is good, just good to take it all in and soak up the atmosphere

Does anyone have any info on cheap hotels close to Wembley?

I've looked up Formule 1, which I've used in Paris, but their two in London are miles away.

we managed to get a premier inn for £39 per room, booked 4 rooms for the crowd of us that will be goin!!