The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Eubank explaining why his career has been such a mess by calling out Kell Brook and Conor Benn after one of his most impressive performances.

He only still wants the Conor Benn fight for the money, he should leave that one well aone.

• Like 1

Thought Smith took the loss quite well then, didn't make any excuses, interviewer had to press him to mention the ankle, fair play to him.

Eubank calling out GGG and saying that he's been holding onto them belts for too long.....eeerrrrrrrrmmm Chris, buddy, I'm pretty sure that GGG doesn't hold any belts at the moment, unless its me that's confused

Just now, foreveryoung said:

He only still wants the Conor Benn fight for the money, he should leave that one well aone.

The weight is just so wrong for him, even at the catchweight they agreed, Eubank was dangerously underweight - those two simply shouldn't be fighting.

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

Eubank calling out GGG and saying that he's been holding onto them belts for too long.....eeerrrrrrrrmmm Chris, buddy, I'm pretty sure that GGG doesn't hold any belts at the moment, unless its me that's confused

The Golovkin fight would be a good one for him, he's still a big name but past his best and he might give Eubank the big scalp his career has needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Golovkin fight would be a good one for him, he's still a big name but past his best and he might give Eubank the big scalp his career has needed.

Agreed but GGG vacated the belts because he can't be arsed with the mandatory fights and only wants the most lucrative ones available now so Eubank will have to cough up some big money to get that one.

Still makes him sound like a plank by calling him out for belts he doesn't even hold though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

The funniest outcome from tonight is Smith dream of a Canelo fight at Anfield is over 😂 Canelo will be gutted.

Don’t forget, the Kop is worth a three round head start 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Don’t forget, the Kop is worth a three round head start 

We got it right this time kid. Delighted for Jr, put on a masterclass. That jab tonight was a thing of beauty, you'll be hard - pressed to see a more educated jab from a British fighter for a while. Everything he threw was dictated by that jab, his timing and sense of distance were totally on point. You could see Bo Mac's stamp on that performance. He looked so relaxed, just has Crawford did against Spence. To find that balance between relaxed and carelessness is not easy, but Jr's discipline tonight was as good as it's ever been. 

Nothing better than seeing a Smith totally humbled. 

A shame Connor Benn had to sour the occasion with that smouldering nasty presence of his, the apple certainly doesn't fall far from that tree. It really sickened me the other day when I heard Nigel on about wanting to give Simon Jordan and Spencer Oliver a slap just for telling it like it is. Never liked him, remember how he used to run round with that horrible lot from Essex? No good stroke pullers, who got what they thoroughly deserved. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

We got it right this time kid. Delighted for Jr, put on a masterclass. That jab tonight was a thing of beauty, you'll be hard - pressed to see a more educated jab from a British fighter for a while. Everything he threw was dictated by that jab, his timing and sense of distance were totally on point. You could see Bo Mac's stamp on that performance. He looked so relaxed, just has Crawford did against Spence. To find that balance between relaxed and carelessness is not easy, but Jr's discipline tonight was as good as it's ever been. 

Nothing better than seeing a Smith totally humbled. 

A shame Connor Benn had to sour the occasion with that smouldering nasty presence of his, the apple certainly doesn't fall far from that tree. It really sickened me the other day when I heard Nigel on about wanting to give Simon Jordan and Spencer Oliver a slap just for telling it like it is. Never liked him, remember how he used to run round with that horrible lot from Essex? No good stroke pullers, who got what they thoroughly deserved. 

I might be mistaken, but did he not smash one of those thick glass ashtrays into someone’s face once?

Class act

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Shows smiths was a lucky punch.

Completely outclassed by eubank jr. But that said canelo would destroy him. Better off getting that benn fight

I think he would beat brook

Is Kell Brook retired?

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I might be mistaken, but did he not smash one of those thick glass ashtrays into someone’s face once?

Class act

Yeah, I'm not a fan, can never understand a word he says these days, what a fighter in his day though!

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan, can never understand a word he says these days, what a fighter in his day though!

You can't deny that but it's kind of funny how he was painted the good guy and poor old Snr the bad. FWIW, I always pitched up in the Eubank camp, totally loved him when all my pals were saying, " what an arrogant prick".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You can't deny that but it's kind of funny how he was painted the good guy and poor old Snr the bad. FWIW, I always pitched up in the Eubank camp, totally loved him when all my pals were saying, " what an arrogant prick".

Yeah, always loved Eubank, his persona, atitude, don't think he got in any trouble physically, out of the ring, had amazing respect, just knew what he could do. Always made me think, if you saw him out acting how he does, you would probably think what a snoot, not knowing he could quite easily put you in your box with a combination you wouldnt even see. 😆

• Like 3

Bo-Mac, who has been over coaching Eubank Jr was arrested at Manchester airport on his way home because he had a handgun in his luggage.

Assuming that he didn't leave a country with the loosest gun laws in the Western world in order to buy a gun in the UK, you'd think he must have had it on him when he arrived - which is going to be very embarrassing for UK customs officials.

I'm not sure what the punishments are for this type of thing, but you have to be pretty stupid to carry a gun through a UK airport.

Possession of a firearm can come with jail time can't it?

Bud Crawford will not be pleased if he doesn't get his coach back.

Â