The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Start off by saying I'm NOT accusing Joshua of being dirty , just quick question about the testing before the fights , as far as I'm aware the usada testing is pretty decent these days in the US , would Joshua have been training for the Ruiz fight under a different testing organisation to the one he was used to in previous fights that he has fought in UK ?

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I personally don't believe that he had a concussion, there's no way he'd get medical clearance to fight if he had post concussion syndrome or a a concussion.

Well there was definitely some kind of head injury that's for sure but hearn is denying it (as he would) 

From what I have heard from my friend he tells me Joshua got knocked out bad in sparring on Monday and had accupunture for a concussion. Also apparently mccracken on pads a hour straight before the fight. Mccraken is under a lot of heat behind the scenes and don't be suprised if he changes trainer soon. 

Another thing apparently some of the fincherly boys were jogging with aj at trent Park which is not far from me and aj was gassing out bad. People were really suprised. They are questioning his lifestyle as well whether he is more into the partying side now then the boxing lifestyle. 

But there is definitely legs to this story. I'm mate says its 99% usually true as he told me everything so far taht was spot on. 

Edited by Demitri_C

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well there was definitely some kind of head injury that's for sure but hearn is denying it (as he would) 

From what I have heard from my friend he tells me Joshua got knocked out bad in sparring on Monday and had accupunture for a concussion. Also apparently mccracken on pads a hour straight before the fight. Mccraken is under a lot of heat behind the scenes and don't be suprised if he changes trainer soon. 

Another thing apparently some of the fincherly boys were jogging with aj at trent Park which is not far from me and aj was gassing out bad. People were really suprised. They are questioning his lifestyle as well whether he is more into the partying side now then the boxing lifestyle. 

But there is definitely legs to this story. I'm mate says its 99% usually true as he told me everything so far taht was spot on. 

So he sparred on the Monday of fight week ? That's highly doubtful. No elite level fighter would spar during fight week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Your information doesn't add up I'm afraid, not doubting you, just your source, cos there's no way an 'elite' boxer does heavy sparring 5 days before a fight.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So he sparred on the Monday of fight week ? That's highly doubtful. No elite level fighter would spar during fight week.

You dont have to believe me but my friend knows them all they wouldn't say it if it wasnt true. These guys are some of the most respected people in the country. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Your information doesn't add up I'm afraid, not doubting you, just your source, cos there's no way an 'elite' boxer does heavy sparring 5 days before a fight.

Don't see any reason why they would lie about this. For me if true its absolutely stupid and ridiculous. 

Everything they have said before was 100% true. Like I said mcckaren is under severe pressure behind the scenes. Don't be suprised if he gets sacked in next twelve months. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't see any reason why they would lie about this. For me if true its absolutely stupid and ridiculous. 

Everything they have said before was 100% true. Like I said mcckaren is under severe pressure behind the scenes. Don't be suprised if he gets sacked in next twelve months. 

Just doesn't add up, in a proper training camp you don't spar heavy within a week of the fight. Also Joshua looked bone dry to be when he stepping in the ring and not like someone who had just spent an hour on the pads.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Just doesn't add up, in a proper training camp you don't spar heavy within a week of the fight. Also Joshua looked bone dry to be when he stepping in the ring and not like someone who had just spent an hour on the pads.

Exactly it makes no sense. No idea why this decison was made of true. 

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he was under severe pressure behind the scenes his job would be up for discussion right now and not in 12 months time. 

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If he was under severe pressure behind the scenes his job would be up for discussion right now and not in 12 months time. 

I said 'next' 12 months meaning any period before . 

Edited by Demitri_C

What i seen Saturday night is a fighter who went for the kill, got countered badly and couldn't recover. I mean, he looked on point in the first 2 rounds. The sparring story the week of the fight is absolute nonsense. No trainer would let a fighter be touched with a glove during fight week until the night of the fight. McCracken - wealth of experience with Froch and the GB squad. Concussion story 8 days prior to the fight - again on the presumption he was sparring , u don't get concussed from hitting the pads. And the average Joe in the street knows about the concussion yet nobody from the New York State Athletic Commission who would of had eyes and ears everywhere fight week, heard a thing . I mean, really. If he's concussed a week prior to the fight and the commission gets wind of it the fight doesn't happen. There is a reason fighters generally don't get concussed going into fights. They aren't sparring a week out.

On 02/06/2019 at 19:22, Johnnyp said:

Interesting tweet that i see a guy put out earlier that the WBO mandatory is due at the end of September and that rematch clauses do not trump mandatories.

WBO mandatory.  Dillian Whyte.

I really like Whyte.

On 04/06/2019 at 18:44, Dr_Pangloss said:

I personally don't believe that he had a concussion, there's no way he'd get medical clearance to fight if he had post concussion syndrome or a a concussion.

Hmm I’m sure a certain promoter could pay off a medical team

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hmm I’m sure a certain promoter could pay off a medical team

The NYSAC paid out 22 million dollars when Mike Perez beat i think it was a Russian boxer 2 years ago after the commission's medic gave the Russian the all clear post fight. Fighter died a few days later from an internal head injury. NYSAC are incredibly strict about stuff like this since. I will concede that he did look a bit dry in the ring pre fight Joshua but that's a side issue. The concussion stuff has been fabricated in social media without zero substance to it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

What i seen Saturday night is a fighter who went for the kill, got countered badly and couldn't recover. I mean, he looked on point in the first 2 rounds. The sparring story the week of the fight is absolute nonsense. No trainer would let a fighter be touched with a glove during fight week until the night of the fight. McCracken - wealth of experience with Froch and the GB squad. Concussion story 8 days prior to the fight - again on the presumption he was sparring , u don't get concussed from hitting the pads. And the average Joe in the street knows about the concussion yet nobody from the New York State Athletic Commission who would of had eyes and ears everywhere fight week, heard a thing . I mean, really. If he's concussed a week prior to the fight and the commission gets wind of it the fight doesn't happen. There is a reason fighters generally don't get concussed going into fights. They aren't sparring a week out.

OK it's 'nonsense' then. I think I'll trust the people that know the Joshua's camp more than your opinion Johnny with all due respect. These guys have got everything right in the past so ill stick with what they say. But your are entitled to your opinion. 

You dont get concussed from pads or sparring? You really need to step in a boxing gym if that's what you believe. It's very easy to get a concussion as esp as a heavyweight. I've been to fincerly a few times as my cousin is a boxer at middleweight and I've seen some bad kos there in sparring with suspected concussions. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

OK it's 'nonsense' then. I think I'll trust the people that know the Joshua's camp more than your opinion Johnny with all due respect. These guys have got everything right in the past so ill stick with what they say. But your are entitled to your opinion. 

You dont get concussed from pads or sparring? You really need to step in a boxing gym if that's what you believe. It's very easy to get a concussion as esp as a heavyweight. I've been to fincerly a few times as my cousin is a boxer at middleweight and I've seen some bad kos there in sparring with suspected concussions. 

Putting words in my mouth. At no stage did i ever say u don't get concussed from sparring. Look back on my posts. I said you don't spar 7-8 days out from fight night  And fighters don't. Ever. And again if a fighter got concussed from a spar a week before a fight ( again hypothetical , because it doesn't happen ) he wouldn't get medical clearance. So id rather trust rules and regulations that are actually in place that your mate who knows someone who knows someone.

51 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Putting words in my mouth. At no stage did i ever say u don't get concussed from sparring. Look back on my posts. I said you don't spar 7-8 days out from fight night  And fighters don't. Ever. And again if a fighter got concussed from a spar a week before a fight ( again hypothetical , because it doesn't happen ) he wouldn't get medical clearance. So id rather trust rules and regulations that are actually in place that your mate who knows someone who knows someone.

Lol mate knows a mate who knows mate. This is direct from the camp as I've said previously. I have no reason to lie. 

Your making out as if boxing isn't a dirty sport where we have cheats all over the shop. You can trust all the rules and regulations as much as you want but I am in no doubt in my mind that aj was not right for this fight. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Lol mate knows a mate who knows mate. This is direct from the camp as I've said previously. I have no reason to lie. 

Your making out as if boxing isn't a dirty sport where we have cheats all over the shop. You can trust all the rules and regulations as much as you want but I am in no doubt in my mind that aj was not right for this fight. 

Directly from Team Joshua ? Shouldn't your source be able to tell you who he sparred ? The New York gym they sparred ? Look mate it's not a pop at you but i find it incredible that in the digital age we live that if Joshua received a concussion days before the fight from a spar it would be all over social media. Do you not think it's reasonable for me to assume that ? No picture. No footage. Nothing. In 2019 !

On 05/06/2019 at 08:59, Demitri_C said:

Image result for karen gillan gif

Â