Scientific Experiment V2 #6 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes he's still the MON
    • No - we need something new

These threads make me feel alot of Villa fans are nowt but small time. Everything thats posted seems to be about scoring points.

:?:

I'm probably wrong but I think he means that what's the point of creating a negative thread where it's just going to provoke wind-ups.

I personally think these threads are stupid... we all know MON is doing a great job

It's not a negative thread.

Gringo is basically, afaik, doing these monthly surveys so he can correlate changes in sentiment to results etc.

(and methinks totteralong would have no objection if it were in actuality a negative thread)

Gringo is basically, afaik, doing these monthly surveys so he can correlate changes in sentiment to results etc.

(and methinks totteralong would have no objection if it were in actuality a negative thread)

No the threads are created to cause arguments and point scoring. At any other club in the land even shah there wouldnt be threads like this.

Unfrotunately that's how it works, Levi.

We have a poor game, negatives posters come out of their holes and bang on about how shit MON is blah, blah, blah. If things continue to go badly they pull out the stats "2 wins in 11", "4 wins in 20" or whatever rubbish they come out with. These threads are then welcome showing that most Villa fans want MON out, they feel as though they're right.

When Villa are doing well, there are no stats to criticise the manager and threads come out showing that MON has got huge support. It's not because they're right to make these threads, it's because they're trying to point score against the negative posters.

Pathetic really. You prove a negative poster wrong and he goes on about point scoring. Oh well, at least you know when they've admitted defeat when the words "point scoring" are posted.

Oh, and totteralong, there was a similar thread about Mark Hughes last month on blue moon, so there is threads like this on other forums.

if we lose to Arsenal and Liverpool it will be MON out again.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

we are the 4th best team in the prem at the moment, and on current form probably higher than that.

If we manage to beat Arsenal OR Liverpool over the christmas period we will have more points than I thought. I am expecting two draws.

No the threads are created to cause arguments

No, they really are not.

As Gringo said in the opening post of the first thread (here), Quick one, no discussion needed. Based on current feelings only, should he stay or go?.

That sounds like the man who created the thread(s) was just asking people to say yay or nay.

These threads make me feel alot of Villa fans are nowt but small time. Everything thats posted seems to be about scoring points.

including this? point scoring over the point scorers anyone?

No. Monthly polls about whether the manager should be sacked are ridiculous. I wonder if the team has a slump the polls will continue?. Petty.

Monthly polls about whether the manager should be sacked are ridiculous. I wonder if the team has a slump the polls will continue?. Petty.

They are done monthly regardless of form. That's the whole point!

I seem to get the impression that you don't like all this positivity. Why is this?

No. Monthly polls about whether the manager should be sacked are ridiculous. I wonder if the team has a slump the polls will continue?. Petty.

why wouldnt they continue?

Yeah, I don't see how this can be an attempt at 'point scoring' when they are done every month..

It would be point scoring if they were only made when the team were doing well.. or only when we were doing badly..

I think it will be an interesting series of threads come the end of the year, if the votes of yes and no of each month are put in some sort of chart..

For me, I will be behind MON for as long as I feel he hasn't lost the plot.. I don't think any dip in form will sway me to think otherwise.. because I don't yet see us as good enough to have the Man Utd mentality of screaming and crying whenever we lose a couple..

And for me, there aren't any better managers around.. I look at how Benitez is killing Liverpool, and Man City changing manager whenever things don't quite go to plan.. and feel pleased that we have a solid board and manager who are building something good for the future.

I've been a Villa fan through some tough years recently, and if we start believing that we deserve immediate success then we might as well go and support Spurs and phone up talksport and demand our manager is sacked every time we draw a game we feel we should have won.

the important thing for me this season (and i said at the start i thought itd be mons final season at villa) was how downing was fitted into the team. so far its been a roaring success, but as last season showed theres no point getting ahead of ourselves in december - which is precisely why i havent voted since the "wait til the end of the season" option was removed from these polls

Wasn't the first poll after the defeat to Wigan (I'm sure you remember that)?

Wasn't the first poll after the defeat to Wigan (I'm sure you remember that)?

I was incorrect: the first one was on 28 August.

(note for the mods, the previous two polls haven't been locked yet)

Â