Could you change that team for the next game?

barry'sboots

Could you change that team for the next game?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Could you change that team for the next game?

• Changes for the Burnley game?
    • Keep the same team?

Playing players in their positions is a novel idea, wonder if Fergie et al have considered this radical approach?

Judging how often Fergie does play players out of position, no I don't think he has considered this radical approach. You really haven't followed his team selections at all have you?

No mate I'm a VILLA fan, I know for a fact WE play players out of position, thats my point, closed!

Good to see a balance on here. Overreact when we lose and now overreact when we win. 5-1 was very flattering today. Other than the early goal Ashley Young was **** awful and Sidwell did **** all, the victory was more to do with Bolton being completely rubbish than some imaginary spectacular performance in the eyes of some for what was an average display by Reo Coker. If I was the manager would I change the team against Burnley based upon today? **** no! The manager will see them at the training ground a dozen times before the next game and know who's feeling confident, who's on form and who's tired and (like it or not) change the team based on that. Then you can all go and moan about in two weeks time like you are the ones working with all the information.

Good to see a balance on here. Overreact when we lose and now overreact when we win. 5-1 was very flattering today. Other than the early goal Ashley Young was **** awful and Sidwell did **** all, the victory was more to do with Bolton being completely rubbish than some imaginary spectacular performance in the eyes of some for what was an average display by Reo Coker. If I was the manager would I change the team against Burnley based upon today? **** no! The manager will see them at the training ground a dozen times before the next game and know who's feeling confident, who's on form and who's tired and (like it or not) change the team based on that. Then you can all go and moan about in two weeks time like you are the ones working with all the information.

Err.

Don't quite know what to say to this. Young '**** awful' ??? No mate hate to say it to you but he probably had his best game all season for us today and if not the best it was up there...Average display by Reo Coker? Think again. It's no coincidence we win 5-1 when we have 11 players in their orthadox positions...it's no coincidence that as soon as you replace one player with another who can run from one end to the other end of the pitch whilst protecting the back four and not just hovering around the middle.

Did you watch the same game?

I don't see how you can change that side, Won comfortably today.

Anything to do with the opposition being dire?

For all we know Petrov being in for NRC could have resulted in an even better result?

You'd normally stick with the same team if you've just steamrolled a team... but, Sidwell still needs to be dropped. Coker played much better than him today, and like Petrov does every week, did quite a bit of work Sidwell should be doing. One decent performance doesn't make up for 6 crap ones. I doubt MON will drop him against Burnley, but there is no way Coker should get dropped at the expense of Sidwell; so if I could change the team for our next game - I would, by replacing Sidwell with Petrov. Apart from that change, I would not dare to touch the rest of the team.

Do you not think Petrov and NRC are both trying to perform the same role though? I don't think they would work well together.

Exactly.

Sidwell makes alot of runs off the ball going forward dragging people out of position, Reo-Coker can fill in, if Reo-Coker ever bursts forward, Sidwell can cover, evident today.

The amount of tackles they won in the middle today meant we were able to get possesion back quickly and also break quickly.

Petrov offers us a neat tidy player, but that doesn't fit our style at all in a 4-4-2, When we play 4-4-2, we need constant high energy all action players IMO.

Yes, bring Petrov back into the team.

Have been crying out for changes to Villa's line up- especially away from home where I feel we should be playing 4-5-1 as it's proven successful but having seen us play against Bolton yesterday where it was a great result I really do not believe Villa are a better side without Petrov, Bolton were poor yesterday- No way Sidwell and NRC (whom I think should be a first team player in any-case) are better players then Petrov.

I think opinions are getting masked by the fact away from home we are a soft touch when we play 4-4-2 and Petrov has been the player to play centre Mid in all our games this season therefore looking the weak-link but IMO he offers a lot more then the both Sidwell and REO and the problem simply is the 4-4-2 formation away from home, most top successful team's these days play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation away from home (chelsea, United, Everton, Pool, City) and that's what we should be doing. Have Villa lost an away game this calender year starting with a 4-5-1 formation? I can't actually remember if so... we had that amazing run last season with 7 wins until we swtiched to the 4-4-2..

Petrov is a much better player than Sidwell so I'd like to see if Petrov and Coker playing in the middle together would work. Atleast give it a chance? If it doesn't work out, fine, but if it does, brilliant, but I think we should atleast try and test it.

Petrov is a much better player than Sidwell so I'd like to see if Petrov and Coker playing in the middle together would work. Atleast give it a chance? If it doesn't work out, fine, but if it does, brilliant, but I think we should atleast try and test it.

Hardly sounds out a great message though, okay Lads..you've all played well and won 5-1, but someone's going to have to be dropped!

I'd wait till Pompey in the Cup tbh unless Coker and Sidwell don't work as effective.

Petrov is over-rated IMO, I mean what does he do, pass the ball sideways and backwards. Reo-Coker and Sidwell can do his job, but even more things aswell, like energy, getting into players, off the ball movement.

Petrov=

peacock.jpg

All show without doing anything.

I would keep the same team. Only possible change for me would be to bring in Collins for Cuellar, but that would be harsh on Carlos after scoring, you can see it meant the world to him. However, Collins' distribution is better and that is always useful.

Â