Could you change that team for the next game?

barry'sboots

Could you change that team for the next game?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Could you change that team for the next game?

• Changes for the Burnley game?
    • Keep the same team?

We do have it up front then as well...Because we may be tempted more into 433/451.

So Carew or Gabby? With the Fonz lurking :)

Have only seen the Fonz a few times but I like what I see to be honest. Would like to see him given 45 mins sooner rather than later. Shame we were not further ahead on Sat at HT I suppose. Next time maybe.

I think I'd have to bring Collins back, but it would be harsh to drop Cuellar as i'd want to keep Young at RB. NRC deserves to keep his spot, could possibly swap Sidwell for Delph maybe?

That being said, were we to put out the same team I'd have no problem with it at all.

For once 'Stevo' we are in total agreement 8). I would definately exchange Sidwell for Delph and put him alongside Reo-Coker. That would give us a dynamic central midfield partnership with the right blend of defensive and creative abilities!

I actually would like us to change our midfield formation completely and play with more of a diamond shape, in the same way Chelsea play, when Downing becomes available. Teams would then be less able to play through us and we might play our football more on the deck, than in the air!

Don't think O'Neill would do that though, but t least it would be a plan B that we lack at the moment.

I would definately exchange Sidwell for Delph and put him alongside Reo-Coker. That would give us a dynamic central midfield partnership with the right blend of defensive and creative abilities!

I actually would like us to change our midfield formation completely and play with more of a diamond shape, in the same way Chelsea play, when Downing becomes available. Teams would then be less able to play through us and we might play our football more on the deck, than in the air!

Don't think O'Neill would do that though, but t least it would be a plan B that we lack at the moment.

I would like to see Delph play with NRC behind him. I was disappointed that MON missed the chance to do this for the last 20 minutes on Saturday. I think it would be unfair on Sidders to do this in the Burnley game, although again 20 minutes from the end I could see it if we were comfortable. Won't happen though, as I can't see MON not starting with Petrov and, if he doesn't, certainly not bringing on Delph before him. I would love to be shocked by MON though.

As for the plan B, I think the 4-5-1 should be our plan B and 4-4-2 if we start with 4-5-1, as it was against Scum. I think it does change the dynamic massively, freeing up the wingers to push on with the 4-3-3 and giving the opposition CBs a massive challenge. Not a big fan of the diamond, particularly when we have two good wingers.

I think I'd have to bring Collins back, but it would be harsh to drop Cuellar as i'd want to keep Young at RB. NRC deserves to keep his spot, could possibly swap Sidwell for Delph maybe?

That being said, were we to put out the same team I'd have no problem with it at all.

For once 'Stevo' we are in total agreement 8).

Jesus, I feel dirty.

The problem is Petrov and NRC arnt effective together - there's no creativity - they only work well when put in a 5 man midfield. Petrov has been doing the job of ankle biting opponents and clearing up opposition attacks -which is what we use NRC for shence he has been absent from the team.

I like NRC alot - but I'd throw Petrov back in - he is captain and you will rarely see MON keeping his captain on the bench.

Sidwell does have a habbit of going missing - so its a difficult one.

I'd be very disappointed to see Petrov back in the side for the next game.

Anyone as slow and lacking in energy and stamina as him has really got to offer something special to make up for it to warrant a place in the team. Petrov doesn't offer anything special. At best he will look "good on the ball", doing some nice turns and passes, and put in one or two well-timed tackles.

We need a lot more from our central midfield than that. And even if we don't have any genuine top class players to play there, at least let's have some pace and energy.

Petrov was the player's player of the season last year, the fan's' player of the season and MO'N thought the same - making him Captain as a result, which tends to mean that he is likely to play when fit and available. So I think that people who don't rate him are at odds with the more wider opinion that he's a bloody good player.

It's hard to argue that the team from Saturday don't deserve the chance to play next game, but it's also hard to argue against James Collins coming back in, based on his season so far.

Personally I'd bring Stan back in for Sidwell - I don't think they've played together much, if at all, as a pair in the middle, have they?

But that would be my only change. Carlos deserves to keep his place - he's been playing really well in his last couple of games, but he's better in the middle than at RB where he is inconsistent.

Petrov was the player's player of the season last year, the fan's' player of the season and MO'N thought the same - making him Captain as a result, which tends to mean that he is likely to play when fit and available. So I think that people who don't rate him are at odds with the more wider opinion that he's a bloody good player.

It's hard to argue that the team from Saturday don't deserve the chance to play next game, but it's also hard to argue against James Collins coming back in, based on his season so far.

Personally I'd bring Stan back in for Sidwell - I don't think they've played together much, if at all, as a pair in the middle, have they?

But that would be my only change. Carlos deserves to keep his place - he's been playing really well in his last couple of games, but he's better in the middle than at RB where he is inconsistent.

I don't think it's the fact people don't think Petrov is a good player that is the arguement, it's the fact he doesn't fit our style of play which makes him just an average player that is the arguement. It's alright saying he's our best midfielder but that doesn't neccassarely mean he fits into our best midfield.

I'm with you AVFC-PoB. I don't think Stan is a great footballer any more - he seems to have left his best days behind him in Glasgow. He is the most cultured of our CM'ers but is so lacking in energy compared to most top CM'ers.

He can play in a 4-5-1 although I personally would prefer to see Delph in there to give us some attacking thrust.

The difference in energy and ultimately performance on Saturday was marked from anything I have seen with Stan's involvement over the last 11 months.

The difference in energy and ultimately performance on Saturday was marked from anything I have seen with Stan's involvement over the last 11 months.

I hate to flog a dead horse but he was Im-****-mense against Chelsea.

I hate to state the obvious but Chelsea could of won that game 5-2 but they couldn't a cows backside with a banjo. All there one-on-ones came because our midfield got overrun. They were going past Petrov like he was Stan-ding still, same as when Ireland came on for Man City. and several other games in the last 30 mins when Petrov looks stuffed

I hate to flog a dead horse but he was Im-****-mense against Chelsea.

I hate to state the obvious but Chelsea could of won that game 5-2 but they couldn't a cows backside with a banjo. All there one-on-ones came because our midfield got overrun. They were going past Petrov like he was Stan-ding still, same as when Ireland came on for Man City. and several other games in the last 30 mins when Petrov looks stuffed

And because Petrov was fantastic we could and possibly should have won 4-0 after we got a tenth minute penalty and they were reduced to ten men.

78% want same team?? so ye dont rate collins anymore and woudnt put him in team?? it amazes me how peoples opionions change from 1match to another...! if fit cant see how mon would leave him out of team! bolton are piss poor never realy treatened us at back!

I think people still like Collins but it's about sending a message I think, and I think only good would come out of keeping the same team.

It would show players that they can win a place and it's not just whoever's name I.e if Reo-Coker was dropped for Petrov, what would others think, what would Reo-Coker think? If you were a Petrov, you'd probably say to yourself "Okay I'm unlucky to be out the team but we won 5-1, and next time the team need me, I'm going to step my game up even more so I claim a place"

I think people still like Collins but it's about sending a message I think, and I think only good would come out of keeping the same team.

It would show players that they can win a place and it's not just whoever's name I.e if Reo-Coker was dropped for Petrov, what would others think, what would Reo-Coker think? If you were a Petrov, you'd probably say to yourself "Okay I'm unlucky to be out the team but we won 5-1, and next time the team need me, I'm going to step my game up even more so I claim a place"

i couldnt have said it better, petrov was suspended, which was his own fault. in his abscence we demolish bolton 5-1, its now his turn to sit and wait, also i think reo-coker is a better captain, he's more vocal and the players seem to respond to his authority, not only did he have a good game at the weekend but for once you knew who was the leader on the pitch.

saturday we finally saw players playing in there correct position and i think we can all agree we looked so much more balanced, i think carlos has filled in at right back well, but i would pick l.young everytime at rightback over him.

we finally have a squad and the players seem to realise this, there's no way any of the starting 11 should be dropped for burnley, they've earnt there chance to go again, plus if we go all out against them i think they could also get what bolton got, as burnley are very poor in defense and i cant see how they are going to contain over front 4.

Â