Could you change that team for the next game?

barry'sboots

Could you change that team for the next game?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Could you change that team for the next game?

• Changes for the Burnley game?
    • Keep the same team?

I think people still like Collins but it's about sending a message I think, and I think only good would come out of keeping the same team.

It would show players that they can win a place and it's not just whoever's name I.e if Reo-Coker was dropped for Petrov, what would others think, what would Reo-Coker think? If you were a Petrov, you'd probably say to yourself "Okay I'm unlucky to be out the team but we won 5-1, and next time the team need me, I'm going to step my game up even more so I claim a place"

i couldnt have said it better, petrov was suspended, which was his own fault. in his abscence we demolish bolton 5-1, its now his turn to sit and wait, also i think reo-coker is a better captain, he's more vocal and the players seem to respond to his authority, not only did he have a good game at the weekend but for once you knew who was the leader on the pitch.

ThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost certain Collins and Petrov will come back in. I don't agree and sends out wrong message after our best performance in a long while. It should be a case of the men in possession of the shirt get to keep it till they mess up otherwise where is the incentive for the likes of Luke Young and Reo Cocker?

Almost certain Collins and Petrov will come back in. I don't agree and sends out wrong message after our best performance in a long while. It should be a case of the men in possession of the shirt get to keep it till they mess up otherwise where is the incentive for the likes of Luke Young and Reo Cocker?
So you're already arguing with a decision that hasn't been taken yet? :winkold:

I think people still like Collins but it's about sending a message I think, and I think only good would come out of keeping the same team.

It would show players that they can win a place and it's not just whoever's name I.e if Reo-Coker was dropped for Petrov, what would others think, what would Reo-Coker think? If you were a Petrov, you'd probably say to yourself "Okay I'm unlucky to be out the team but we won 5-1, and next time the team need me, I'm going to step my game up even more so I claim a place"

NRC must expect to be dropped when Petrov is available. Petrov is a favourite son and always gets picked.

No one deserves to be dropped.

My suspicion is he will run with what he thinks is his best team and select accordingly.

I would bring back Petrov and go 4-5-1 away from home.

and keep a winger or a striker as the impact player to come off the bench.

I can't see why youd want to make changes - I think minus Petrov for Sidders that's our best team. Cuellar is a better quality defender than Collins when played in his right position, and it will be interesting to see whether MON keeps with him as Luke Young has to be the shoe-in for right back.

So you're already arguing with a decision that hasn't been taken yet? :winkold:

No. He's stating what he thinks will happen - and we probably all suspect that MON will do this - but saying that he disagrees with that approach.

Not that difficult to follow and I agree with him on both scores.

Â