General Chat

Stevo985

"You look cool in that NY Yankees baseball cap" was said by nobody, ever.

probably because I haven't worn mine yet.

but when I do...

...you'll also be wearing a Manchester United shirt?

;)

• Like 1

Ah, but you see the organisation i'm referring to (The Housing Executive), their policies are a matter of public record. Its strange to assume otherwise since they are a governmental institution.

I'm sorry but what?

I said you believe that other people's tenancies (other than those policies that are a matter of public record) are your business - that's an implicit acknowledgement that the policies of a public body are going to be a matter of public record and not a 'strange assumption otherwise'.

Secondly what is the point of having a tenancy agreement if neither party is going to adhere to the rules and regulations within that agreement...

Generally, it should be up to the parties involved (i.e. the tenant and the landlord) as to whether the other party fulfills its obligations under the tenancy.

...and thirdly the point which you have conveniently ignored. If councils and in my case 'The Housing Executive' have no responsibility for their tenant, why do they evict?

I haven't conveniently ignored anything.

Why do councils sometimes evict people for anti-social behaviour? Because it is the last resort to deal with the anti-social behaviour and not because they have responsibility for the behaviour itself.

I'm having a few guesses here (and any lawyers may well put me right) but it strikes me that:

The councils may have responsibilty directly to their other tenants to allow them quiet enjoyment; they may have a general responsibility to the community at large to try and do something about it (that is not a responsibility for the behaviour), and they ought to be held to account by the public to adhere to their policies (which is why you may well get some joy if you take it further up the food chain and complain that they haven't followed through on their public policy). They may well have fiduciary duties to the public concerning the use of assets, too, I suppose.

What has happened in your posts is you've gone from a reasonable position of being angry at having an awful neighbour and not having the problem dealt with to your satisfaction to some nonsense about landlords having responsibilty for their tenants' actions (even though, as you acknowledge, court decisions do not support this - save for if they do something which means they adopt that responsibility).

I do feel sorry for the predicament in which you find yourself but I must admit that feeling is waning by the post.

Your missing the point, again.

If the tenant is behaving, adhering to and following their rules of tenancy then of course it's not my business or anyone else's for that matter to interfere with that. In those circumstances i have never stated that it was.

The difficulty arises if the tenant is involved in anti social behaviour and that behaviour is affecting neighbours. Who is the point of contact to whom those neighbours go and complain to? They approach the landlord. Therefore by common sense other than anything else, it is the responsibility of the private or public landlord to deal with it especially when it is stipulated in their tenancy agreement that they must not annoy neighbours or in the case of the Housing Executive they have a whole slue of policies which their tenants must adhere to. So by definition if that tenant has breached their tenancy agreement then it is the responsibility of the landlord to enforce the rules of the tenancy and to warn and then evict.

Councils evict because they have a responsibility to do so if its their tenant that is continually causing the nuisance. By that action alone they are admitting liability for the tenant and thats exactly my point and why i am pursuing the matter.

The reason in my case why an eviction hasn't taken place is that the Housing Executive who as previously stated are being disbanded in two years are afraid of having a mini Dale Farm on their hands and don't want the expense.   

Edited by Morpheus

but when I do...

;)

And Lakers shorts

• Like 2

but when I do...

;)

And Lakers shorts

'Doh!

but when I do...

I look cool in mine. But it's pretty plain.

nike-new-york-yankees-hat.jpg

**** the yankees hats you wanna get yourself one of these bad boys, proper red neck style

55sbo5.jpg

I pity your solicitor.

Edit: That's assuming you're not on the wind up in this thread as you were in the confessions one.

You assume wrongly on both and its a pity you have to resort to sarcasm rather than debate but i'll leave it at that. 

My sympathies Morpheus, A family member of mine had similar difficulty in their estate when Tinker scum moved in complete with trademark anti-social behaviour and horses. Like you they tried to use official means to sort it out, police, landlord, local politicians, council etc. but they just moved out instead, don't know if you have that luxury.

My sympathies Morpheus, A family member of mine had similar difficulty in their estate when Tinker scum moved in complete with trademark anti-social behaviour and horses. Like you they tried to use official means to sort it out, police, landlord, local politicians, council etc. but they just moved out instead, don't know if you have that luxury.

Corcaigh i wish i had a fiver for every time someone has suggested to me to move out and please i mean no offence at all about that.

All of my friends have suggested it and all of my family have nearly demanded it due to the ill health i have suffered as a consequence. I have considered it and i could just rent my property through the DHSS (Social Security) to another problematic family just to be vindictive and then use the rental revenue from my property to rent elsewhere. This is exactly what the Housing Executive hope that i will do so that the thorn in their side will be gone. 

However, i have worked dam hard with my business to be mortgage free and have spent quite a bit of money getting my home the way i want it. I do not therefore see any reason why i should move out of my home for someone who is only renting next door to me. All the tenant has to do is to request a transfer, or, since i've proven by audio that the tenant is problematic, the landlord (Housing Executive) must adhere to their own regulations on anti social behaviour and either provide alternative accommodation for the tenant or simply evict.

How long was it before your family member decided to move out?

You assume wrongly on both...

Edit: Just reread that - so you are on the wind up in this thread but you weren't in the other?

Can i ask out of interest what has the thread you speak of got to do with our debate in this one?

To confirm i misread your previous post and no i'm not on the wind up in either.

Corcaigh i wish i had a fiver for every time someone has suggested to me to move out and please i mean no offence at all about that.

All of my friends have suggested it and all of my family have nearly demanded it due to the ill health i have suffered as a consequence. I have considered it and i could just rent my property through the DHSS (Social Security) to another problematic family just to be vindictive and then use the rental revenue from my property to rent elsewhere. This is exactly what the Housing Executive hope that i will do so that the thorn in their side will be gone. 

However, i have worked dam hard with my business to be mortgage free and have spent quite a bit of money getting my home the way i want it. I do not therefore see any reason why i should move out of my home for someone who is only renting next door to me. All the tenant has to do is to request a transfer, or, since i've proven by audio that the tenant is problematic, the landlord (Housing Executive) must adhere to their own regulations on anti social behaviour and either provide alternative accommodation for the tenant or simply evict.

How long was it before your family member decided to move out?

No worries Morpheus, obviously being an owner-occupier you'll have a stronger attachment to your place then a renter like my family member would have had to theirs. They stuck it for nearly a year before they gave up and moved out as I recall it, they had young kids and were in their place for several years and were well settled in the area with schools & place's of employment close by. Don't know how things panned out in the estate in question after that, I presume eventually the travelling scum were moved on and became somewhere else's problem.

Can i ask out of interest what has the thread you speak of got to do with our debate in this one?

Because if you can be on the wind up like that in one thread then you can certainly be on the wind up in another (and the last few posts have tended towards that).

... the landlord (Housing Executive) must adhere to their own regulations on anti social behaviour and either provide alternative accommodation for the tenant or simply evict.

Where are these 'regulations' and where does it say this (you post as though you think those are the only two possible actions open to the landlord)?

Their antisocial behaviour policy document seems to list any number of courses of action which they may/will take before seeking possession.

Â