General Chat

Stevo985

I've got the GAMSAT tomorrow (take 3...). Heading to bed now to read. Hopefully I'll turn over and fall asleep at around 11pm. Up at 6am then for last minute preparations. I also have to learn how to do porridge in the microwave. Caffeine tablets, ginseng sweets, 2 bottles of lucozade sport, a bag of jellies and a few panadols just in case for the 6 hour exam. **** stress. I was **** flying it til people started ringing to wish me luck.

What **** good does that do? My aunt actually said the words deadly serious, "the exam is basically going to decide the rest of your life..."

Helpful. Thanks

Good luck! It'll be piss-easy, I'm sure. :D

They have been for a while.

I seem to remember a whole thread about bees, purely to see if we could get some adverts about bees on the site.

Killer bees! Did you know that the current migration North continues, we will all be dead in 3 years?!? Do you want to become a bee's supper?!? I don't! That's why we must act now!!! Killer bees must be stopped!

yes! :P

We now have nearly 40 friends in under 12 hours, 23 requests from people who have been given our details by the recruitment service and I had no idea this would happen so am shitting bricks as I still need to work my other job, balance...

Isle Work :-/ she said she loved it, who am I to argue? lol

What business are you in?

Oh god, its mum again :P (feels like "working abroad all over again!) lol.

proffesional Carriculum vitae service, covering letters, interview tecniques and all sorts of other lovely things, most of the boring bits done by my friend (she is awesome but married) and the communacation skills etc done by me.

sits and waits for somebody to pick that apart ;)

Fair play to you, hope it goes well. Have you got a website?

We now have nearly 40 friends in under 12 hours, 23 requests from people who have been given our details by the recruitment service and I had no idea this would happen so am shitting bricks as I still need to work my other job, balance...

proffesional Carriculum vitae service, covering letters, interview tecniques and all sorts of other lovely things, most of the boring bits done by my friend (she is awesome but married) and the communacation skills etc done by me.

well taken mate :-D

No website yet but we are on facebook which gets a lot of requests (friend requests) and Sal is working on a PDF for people to download with our information on and also examples of what we do.

Facebook > Isle Work

well taken mate :-D

No website yet but we are on facebook which gets a lot of requests (friend requests) and Sal is working on a PDF for people to download with our information on and also examples of what we do.

Facebook > Isle Work

Couldn't find you on Facebook for some reason...are there many others providing this sort of service? What gave you the idea in the first place?

Sorry about all the questions :)

Person I am working with used to work in recruitment and she mentioned to me a while back how 100's of people would send in CV's which would be binned or ignored, letters that would be ignored and how when she took interviews, she would get fed up with his people were, even if she understood they were very nervous, some came in with the wrong attitude. She was in recruitment for 15 years and has GOOD contacts Island wide including the job centre. So, she came to me as I have done training in "people management" and thought it would be good to have me on board for things such as teaching people how to behave, talk and act in interviews (fair enough, I used to work with 16-25 year olds helping them find work and education and had a great success rate then)...

So, about 6 weeks ago she started looking into what is available and there is not any company that offer every single thing we do, from nothing on the paper right down to helping them with confidence. The unemployment on the island is massive, higher than national average. So doing this now makes sense, somebody else will otherwise.

it was my idea to open up for free advice for unemployed under 25 because I know how hard it is at that age especially with no prospects. The experience and ideas we both bring to the table makes complete sense.

facebook.com/islework

Oh and we have over 30 requests for information and two certs for help (paid) and 1 unemployed person so far. Seems to be going quicker than I thought it would :-/ so might have to drop other work I do.

Since we were put on an Island database for job hunting we have gained 80 fans on FB.

You thought about only charging people if you actually help to secure them a job? maybe out of first pay packet. Obviously with them being unemployed a lot will struggle to find money to pay you a fee upfront.

Unless of course this is what you already do with over 25's in which case ignore me.

Man i am so fed up. I know what i want to do but my stupid body keeps letting me down. Queue me getting an ass kicking for finishing 8th :-(
Chin up! Just from reading VT it seems you have achieved a helluva lot - nothing to be down about!

Man i am so fed up. I know what i want to do but my stupid body keeps letting me down. Queue me getting an ass kicking for finishing 8th :-(

You've done better than anybody else on here could dream of. Be proud :) sometimes things don't go as we hope, it is how we bounce back that matters and the bouncing back feels great :)

Oh i know but your past doesn't mean anything when you suck right now! But it's times like this where it's good that the UK media don't care about me because i would be getting killed otherwise.

Need my mojo back somehow!

You've done better than anybody else on here could dream of. Be proud :) sometimes things don't go as we hope, it is how we bounce back that matters and the bouncing back feels great :)

Don't encourage failure. ;)

Oh and if you're interested about my left ankle, it's a bone growth out the side, and it's here to stay.

Oh and if you're interested about my left ankle, it's a bone growth out the side, and it's here to stay.

Oh so it's not a major thing then?

Oh so it's not a major thing then?

Apparently not. I now have the added party trick of "Hey, look at my two left ankles, want a drink?" now. Apparently it's weakened tendons in my heel/ankle and there as grown another bit of bone to compensate and the tendons have strengthened a bit. In a nutshell, "nowt wrong, just you're a freak of nature, pop back if it gets bigger/hurts more."

Â