General Chat

Stevo985

Actually the best pizza I've had recently was in France - a "Ventoux", heavily featuring goat cheese (a speciality of the area around Mont Ventoux, which was where I was, and hence the name).

Best Pizza I've had was a homemade one by my Bro's GF, it wasn't a Pizza shape (well traditional, more of a sorta square but even jagged square)...however it was covered in BBQ sauce layering and meat on the top, chicken and a few other things, it was actually better than anything I've tasted for a while.

Just had th row to end all rows with my now permanently ex girlfriend and MY 3 YO heard it all, neverv going to put her through that again. Life's a piece of shit, what is the **** point.
I think you answered your own question :winkold:

Just had th row to end all rows with my now permanently ex girlfriend and MY 3 YO heard it all, neverv going to put her through that again. Life's a piece of shit, what is the **** point.
I think you answered your own question :winkold:

I know, but it's going to be horrible from here, I can see it now. Thinking of my daughter's breaking me up, its' ****.

Mate, give it time but do your absolute best to at least make sure you are on good terms, even if it means your not together. I've been through the whole nasty divorce, near violent at times, for about 6 years, even now, my parents don't talk. Trying to live at each other's house so see both equally, it's all just so akward and really hard to deal with. Now, at least both sides have moved on and it's stopped any sort of arguing, just silence. There was a 2/3 month periods a couple years back, they started talking again and everything seemed so easier to just sort of switch around houses, talk to 'em and everything but then it soon went bad again....so yeah, try to make things better, even if it means sacrificing whatever, will be worth it for your kid.

If you look at the small positive, she is only 3 so although it's upsetting now, when she's older, she probably won't be able to remember much of what went on and you have time to patch things together and make sure that things like that don't happen in the future and at least make a 'workable' relationship with your ex which makes it easier and comfortable for all concerned! :)

Tbh, it's not this sort of thing happens all the time, it's that she's a really sensitive little girl. I know she'll be OK really, you know, but it's **** horrible atm. With the not talking with the ex part, I'd get on with her just for the sake of Jess, even if I didn't feel like it and tbh, after calming down a bit, I think me and her mom will get on OK.

Well I hope so.

I don't get arguements, maybe it's cause I use 'em all up on here...:)

Never raised my voice or shouted at anyone in an angry way towards family, friends or strangers. I guess it's cause I'm still young though! I think Stevo knows I'm quite quiet and let others (aka himself!) take care of the conflict :lol:

Well I hope so.

I don't get arguements, maybe it's cause I use 'em all up on here...:)

Never raised my voice or shouted at anyone in an angry way towards family, friends or strangers. I guess it's cause I'm still young though! I think Stevo knows I'm quite quiet and let others (aka himself!) take care of the conflict :lol:

I hated any sort of confrontation when I was younger, but it doesn't bother me quite s much now.

The other usage refers to a style of pizza crust rather than its toppings. This style is baked in a pan, instead of directly on the bricks of the pizza oven (as is more traditional for Italian pizza.) It has a crust that is usually quite oily. This style of pizza is referred to as "Greek pizza" even when it has non-Greek toppings, since it is typical of pizzerias owned by Greek immigrants. These establishments often also sell Greek specialities, such as Greek salads and gyros, and tend to brand themselves as "Pizza and Pasta" or as a "House of Pizza"; a code signifying that it is not an Italian restaurant, but a Greek restaurant serving Italian style food.

AVFC-PoB beat me to it... New England Greek Pizza pwns all others... so much greasy wonderfulness.

(sidenote: for the past few years, fewer Greeks have been coming over to New England to run Houses of Pizza, resulting in Turks and Albanians pretending to be Greeks (who were arguably themselves pretending to be Italians). That said, the Turkish and Albanian takes on New England Greek Pizza are generally acceptable, so I don't mind.)

Never beat a robot before :D

Only by a minute, surprised he stopped posting this, actually.

Demotivators being a tired internet meme (especially since the player who's getting berated is Kenneth Chan).

Photo is from Trinity College vs. Yale for the national squash championship.

The first game of the match was an upset as Yale's Chan beat the defending national champion. Chan got in Chaudhry's head most of the match by blocking his way to the ball a couple of times, and after winning the first match, got into his face. Chan, who is much smaller than Chaudry, was obviously trying to unsettle him, and it appeared to be working.

Collegiate squash tournaments are a gentleman's game in that players act as referees for the tournament. So the match was constantly interrupted by the players looking back to a call of interference from their peers acting as refs. The way the tournament played out, this match would decide the tournament.

Chaudhry eventually won the following sets and the after winning the final point and the match, he temporarily lost his composure as he charged and taunted Chan, getting into his face the same way Chan did after his win in the first set, however, Chaudhry didn't let it end there. He continued to follow him off the court and had to be restrained by his teammates. I was laying on my stomach in the front right window of the court, in the right place at the right time to capture the initial moment.

Deadspin then had a Demotivator photoshop contest

340x.jpg

340x.jpg

It wasn't up against stiff competition...

Â