General Chat

Stevo985

Depends, if the Athiest is a bloke he'd probably go along with it because it secures him sexy time.

If the athiest was a lady then maybe she'll just leave, because she will consider the relationship unworkable if she feels so strongly about it.

Personally i'd never bother with religious girls and long may it continue, maybe not because the girls are horrible but because the families and baggage that come along with them aren't worth it

What happens if a massive atheist manages to fall in love a religious person and they get married and the religious side of the relationship wants the full shebang, bloke in a dress, presence of the big imaginary friend, the lot?

We'd start how we mean to continue the relationshiup after the marriage by doing what we are told ...so big white wedding it is

What happens if a massive atheist manages to fall in love a religious person and they get married and the religious side of the relationship wants the full shebang, bloke in a dress, presence of the big imaginary friend, the lot?

Does the atheist go along with it all the whilse stood there thinking 'Bullshit, bullshit... argh I'm such a hypocrite'. Or just go along with it without a care?

Or does it become a bigger issue than that?

atheists don't know what love is... remember it's just all chemical reactions!

1. The atheist would need to learn how to be a respectful person towards Religion.

2. The atheist would eventually realise that God created him/her with the best intentions.

3. The atheist would come out of brain-wash mode from dawkins and hitchens knowing believing in God and Jesus Christ makes sense and that their life and future will be more happy instead of being bitter and angry all the time towards everyone because they're upset and insecure about their own perplexed beliefs that nothing came from nothing and nothing created nothing which made something incredibly complex.

I miss my best friend. :cry: Haven't heard from her in about a month now, and don't expect to hear from her soon again. That damn husband of hers who won't let us have any contact at all is getting lower and lower and lower in my esteem.

I miss my best friend. :cry: Haven't heard from her in about a month now, and don't expect to hear from her soon again. That damn husband of hers who won't let us have any contact at all is getting lower and lower and lower in my esteem.

Whats gone on there mate? Or is the question inappropriate?

Nothing special, more than we were unseparable for years (sometimes for good and worse) but then she got married with a guy who said he liked me in the beginning, but once they got married and he came over here (he's from Tunisia) he started to make more and more a fuss if she saw me once in a while. Even made things up about us. Unhealthy jealousy. If it wasn't for me they would probably not be married by now and have that lovely little girl of theirs (who refuses to have any, hm, don't know what the thing that little babies put in their mouth when they sleep, etc, is called in english, but she will only use the Villa one they ordered :D ). I start to wish that I'd never encouraged her to marry him, and that's not a good thought.

I would imagine the chances of a Tunisian bloke tolerating his missus having a male "best friend" are about zero, so it doesn't surprise me.

BTW it's called a "dummy" in British English, or a "pacifier" in American English.

Nothing special, more than we were unseparable for years (sometimes for good and worse) but then she got married with a guy who said he liked me in the beginning, but once they got married and he came over here (he's from Tunisia) he started to make more and more a fuss if she saw me once in a while. Even made things up about us. Unhealthy jealousy. If it wasn't for me they would probably not be married by now and have that lovely little girl of theirs (who refuses to have any, hm, don't know what the thing that little babies put in their mouth when they sleep, etc, is called in english, but she will only use the Villa one they ordered :D ). I start to wish that I'd never encouraged her to marry him, and that's not a good thought.

Thats a shame mate. Has anything gone on between you and your lady friend in the past? Tell me to piss off if im being nosey.

And its a dummy :)

Haha, no problem. :lol: Well, yes, 5 years ago. I was a bit of a "bridge" for her and it never worked out and she isn't really the kind of gf I'd like, but we used to have a hell of a lot of fun back in the days. Watching Villa and getting pissed. Maybe a bit too much, but fun it was. Always a good laughter and silly things going on.

Yep, Mike, it is about zero chances of that. But she has a strong will, but him going on about it for days probably have made her thinking that it's not worth it anymore. And since he's unemplyed he's home all the time so she can't do anything in secret either. Which she shouldn't have to, but have done. Also for good and worse.

And thanks for dummy. :D Recognise it now.

Haha, no problem. :lol: Well, yes, 5 years ago. I was a bit of a "bridge" for her and it never worked out and she isn't really the kind of gf I'd like, but we used to have a hell of a lot of fun back in the days. Watching Villa and getting pissed. Maybe a bit too much, but fun it was. Always a good laughter and silly things going on.

Yep, Mike, it is about zero chances of that. But she has a strong will, but him going on about it for days probably have made her thinking that it's not worth it anymore. And since he's unemplyed he's home all the time so she can't do anything in secret either. Which she shouldn't have to, but have done. Also for good and worse.

And thanks for dummy. :D Recognise it now.

So there is every chance that in conversation about you she has let slip that you two used to ''fool around'' shall we say, i could understand him being a bit funny about the whole situation (i do think he has over-reacted), and as Mike says the fact that he is Tunisian doesnt help.

Well, yes, I know she's done that, so no guessing, and I could understand that, and still do to a bit, if it wasn't for that being 5 years ago and me having other girls since and that he knows of and that the only time we spend alone together is having a lunch now and then and talking on the telephone. Guss it doesn't help that she calls me when he's been very bad. But I guess the most stupid thing she's done in this whole thing is once when we were on the piss together she told him she loved me. Just in a very friendly way, but still, that didn't come out very well in his ears, and that I could understand. I almost put my head in my hands in disbelief of the stupidness in that. And she isn't stupid at all, quite the opposite, I'd say. But that wasn't very clever. Guess I have to deal with it. Similar things have happened before. But won't change that I miss her like hell.

I was in a similar situation not so long ago Pelle (although they weren't married, just boyfriend and girlfriend, but they were living together). She was still good friends with me and he hated it, so we saw less and less of each other.

Anyway, long story short, I'm now nailing her, so a happy ending.

I was in a similar situation not so long ago Pelle (although they weren't married, just boyfriend and girlfriend, but they were living together). She was still good friends with me and he hated it, so we saw less and less of each other.

Anyway, long story short, I'm now nailing her, so a happy ending.

Every cloud and all that ay Steve :lol:

^^^

:lol: I was expecting something like that. :P

Stevo, I certainly don't expect that ending for us. :) I wouldn't want it either. I think I won't hear from her for a while, but I doubt they'll stay married forever, sts, and then she'll leave him and probably move back up north where she comes from. She has her family there. Down here she only has me. And her job.

Â