PL: Burnley a Travel & Social

limpid

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any.

There is a cricket ground next door to Turf Moor which has a social club that is good for away fans. It also means you only have a 2 min walk to the ground.

I've been there a few times and it's always been fine.

So were we all drinking then ............... set off early if I was you, cause there is a lot of road works on the M6

In that Cricket Field pub mentioned above, and can anyone else confirm M6 road works?

had my ticket and travel sorted for sometime on this, anyone fancy a meetup in and around the area just lay out details here.

I'll find out what pub our supporters club is drinking in, they normally get wind of where all the other supporters clubs are meeting up with for away games.

So were we all drinking then ............... set off early if I was you, cause there is a lot of road works on the M6

In that Cricket Field pub mentioned above, and can anyone else confirm M6 road works?

There are a few up to and around stoke...speed restriction down to 5mph, but last time I was on doesnt cause that much stationary traffic, just frustrating going that wee bit slower... wouldve thought giving yourself extra 45 mins would be plenty..(but dont quote me on that if there are long delays.

I am driving up myself, but cant leave til 11ish as mate im going with is working first thing.

There are a few up to and around stoke...speed restriction down to 5mph, but last time I was on doesnt cause that much stationary traffic, just frustrating going that wee bit slower... wouldve thought giving yourself extra 45 mins would be plenty..(but dont quote me on that if there are long delays.

I am driving up myself, but cant leave til 11ish as mate im going with is working first thing.

Make sure we get ourselves up there nice and early lads! We don't want a Hull - SHA situation!

I dunno, I'm not going but it wasn't all that bad. Leaving at half 7 is extreme. I'm guessing there was a crash further up the M6 to cause it to become a crawl. I know I went on a Sunday but i can't see it being that much different. Even then, surely you could switch to the A or B roads?

^^

I think so, a Burnley supporting mate also recommends a place called the 110 Club on Yorkshire Street or something...

I'm sure us beer guzzling Villa fans will find suitable Saturday afternoon accommodation!