Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Club don't really lose anything though. They make £63 from 3 tickets sold, plus a £1.50 booking fee, plus money from around £15-20 spent for drink and food during the game.

Or, the alternative is, they have 3 more empty seats.

Yes losing out big time.

Like I said earlier. However you twist it you are defrauding the club and I think that when the club has done so much for the fans, that is the worst thing you can do.

And like I said, lets move on now please both of you. Trent

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see Warnock fall flat on his arse against Lennon.

Why can't you wait for that to happen!?

Oh and he might not play, apparently he's in a really poor form at the moment.

Lennon or Warnock?

I know Lennon hasn't quite hit the heights of twelve months ago. It seems to be a mix of not quite being 100% over his injury (he was out for about 7 months, afterall) and a lack of confidence. He seems quite reluctant to attack his full back this season, for some reason.

Although to be fair to him, he has still assisted or been heavily involved in three or four Spurs goals this season.

This is the first time in about 5 years when I actually think we'll probably lose. Even under Ramos, when we were rally shit, it was difficlut not to look at the relative squads and think we should win. But our forwards are so poor this year it's hard to be at all confident. The movement up front is so terrible at times that despite having one of the most creative midfields in the Prem, it's difficult to create chances. In fact most of our chances in reent weeks have come fromt he idfielders creating for themselves. We've basically got no pace or power from the strikers and none of them like to drop deep and link up with the midfield. If we try and get around this by playing VDV off a lone striker, we are still going to struggle as none of our strikers can play up front on their own particuarly well. Keane's legs have gone, Pav I've decided is useless and Crouchy is a decent target man and not much else. Until Defoe gets back or we buy a new striker, i think we'll struggle and have very little chance of finishing in the top 4. It's a shame for us, as apart from the strikers we are stronger than we've ever been in the Prem era.

Can't wait to see Warnock fall flat on his arse against Lennon.

Why can't you wait for that to happen!?

Oh and he might not play, apparently he's in a really poor form at the moment.

Lennon or Warnock?

I know Lennon hasn't quite hit the heights of twelve months ago. It seems to be a mix of not quite being 100% over his injury (he was out for about 7 months, afterall) and a lack of confidence. He seems quite reluctant to attack his full back this season, for some reason.

Although to be fair to him, he has still assisted or been heavily involved in three or four Spurs goals this season.

I was on about Lennon but you could say the same for both players.

What's your expected line up?

Well, Redknapp said he plans to rotate more after CL games, so I reckon we'll see a few changes. I'm expecting something like

Gomes

Corluka King Bassong Assou Ekotto

Lennon Van der Vaart Jenas Modric

Crouch Keane

I expect King to start, since he'll be getting a two week break after tomorrow. Van der Vaart only played 60 minutes on Wednesday so he should start. Bale absolutely needs a rest, IMO. I'd have gone for Kranjcar in his place, but he seems to still be having fitness issues. If he's improved enough, he should start, otherwise Modric can go left.

Van der Vaart and Jenas should be sufficient in the centre as I don't really anticipate it being a tough tackling contest in the middle.

Despite scoring a few goals in the past couple of weeks, Pavlyuchenko isn't really getting up to much in the rest of the game, so Keane should be given a start.

One thing is for sure, I'm very very worried about the prospect of Young vs Corluka tomorrow. In recent meetings, Corluka has dealt with Young extremely well, but with the poor form he's been in so far this season, that may very well be the battle that decides the game, to be honest.

I really doubt Corluka will have to worry about Young if he's playing right back.

Young will be playing off the striker tommorow behind Heskey, about 90% certain.

Downing won't give him too many problems, he's a different type of winger to Young, well obviously. Albrighton vs Ekotto might be interesting.

I do hope your midfield is like that, I think we could exploit it.

Joey, given the strikers' poor showing lately, do you think Harry Kane deserves a place on the bench? He's still very young, but he's the only striker at the club who's scoring goals regularly in the games that he's playing.

I don't know, i've never seen him other than in clips posted on forums. But I remember the likes of Steve Slade and Barnard scoring for fun at reserve and youth team level and our fans saying they need to be given a chance. Have to trust Harry's judgement on this one.

You reckon Villa will be going out for the win tomorrow or will they set up for a point away from home?

Really don't know under Houllier.

I think we'll have a decent spell at some point, 20-25 minutes, seems to be the case. Apart from that, mostly you. To be fair, recently, we haven't conceded too many chances, nor have we been creating that many.

A lot of the game will be played in the middle and our half. It could be another 0-0. Depends how we deal with Crouch.

We'll be cautious of Spurs at first, but then we'll grow into the game and attack more IMO.

I doubt Young will be against Corluka, he'll probably play off Heskey or Carew. Huddlestone will be getting the run around hopefully.

I'll be fairly confident we can keep a clean sheet if Spurs just lump diagonal balls up to Crouch but I'm very worried about Bale.

NRC will probably have VDV in his pocket if he's ordered to mark him out the game.

You reckon Villa will be going out for the win tomorrow or will they set up for a point away from home?

I think it is too early in the Houllier reign for any of us to answer this to be honest.

I rather suspect he will go with a don't lose but we can win it attitude so cautious but ambitious.

Edit .. I really should have read back a few pages before i posted this !! :oops:

Spuds have put a bid in to move to the Olympic stadium after 2012 is over and done with

seems to be more about a plan B if planning permission is turned down on their new stadium as much as anything

Well, although Villa tickets are pretty cheap, I still can't afford prices like £30 for Bolton at home....

I always knock a tenner off, order the Under 16 tickets online, get them sent through at my house. People on the turn stiles never check, my Dad's 55 and has been with an under 16 ticket :lol:

I know it's cheating the club but at the end of the day, It's not as if we are selling out so £20 to the club is better than £0 at all.

So yeah.....buy the cheaper tickets, no one will ever know. :lol:

Yeah, all my details on the Villa website and says I'm 18, yet I'm booking under 16's... :lol:

They don't check even at the club if you pick them up, unless there really bad at telling someone's age. So as long as you order online tickets at Villa, you can get them cheap!

I know it's wrong but I've give the club about £50 watching Bolton, Vienna, Blackburn and seen 30 good minutes of football so I'd say there getting the better deal at the moment :lol:

To be fair, I can't justify paying like £32 or whatever it was in the Holte to watch Bolton at home. Especially along with travel costs and food/drink.

It's fraud. Please do not post details of this kind of activity on this site. This site does not condone obtaining goods by deception

Well done to SPurs on their win. Think they get very lucky with how their equaliser came about from a poor reffing decision, but to win after being behind after a EUropean week is a very good result.

Thought BAE, van der Vaart and Crouch played well. Bale and Modric were pretty poor.

Â