Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Olympic Stadium will be bigger, better and cheaper.

It'd be insanity not to try, IMO.

Unlike West Ham's attempt ("Well, if you're not gonna use it we'll have it for free..."), Spurs will probably offer a good amount of money for it. Or at least offer to loan it for a decent amount.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how feasible it is for Spurs to move to the Olympic Stadium. I mean, it's nearly 8 miles away from White Hart Lane and would involve crossing two borough boundaries. Not sure the Haringey tribes generally travel that far.

It's also puzzling that they have made massive commitments to develop the local area of Tottenham as part of their planning application for their new stadium in Haringey. When the plans were agreed, the leader of Haringey Council said

“We’re proud of Spurs’ rich history in Haringey and excited that the club has committed its future to the area.

This looks like a bit of a kick in the teeth. I wonder if it's a serious bid, or maybe more to do with the politics of the local planning application?

Well, although Villa tickets are pretty cheap, I still can't afford prices like £30 for Bolton at home....

I always knock a tenner off, order the Under 16 tickets online, get them sent through at my house. People on the turn stiles never check, my Dad's 55 and has been with an under 16 ticket :lol:

I know it's cheating the club but at the end of the day, It's not as if we are selling out so £20 to the club is better than £0 at all.

So yeah.....buy the cheaper tickets, no one will ever know. :lol:

:shock: :shock:

I missed this first time round, I'm not sure the club will be happy about you so proudly admitting to defraud them.

I hope it makes you happy though. You know, stealing and all that.

For a Ginger, you're a bad un!

Not sure how feasible it is for Spurs to move to the Olympic Stadium. I mean, it's nearly 8 miles away from White Hart Lane and would involve crossing two borough boundaries. Not sure the Haringey tribes generally travel that far.

It's also puzzling that they have made massive commitments to develop the local area of Tottenham as part of their planning application for their new stadium in Haringey. When the plans were agreed, the leader of Haringey Council said

“We’re proud of Spurs’ rich history in Haringey and excited that the club has committed its future to the area.

This looks like a bit of a kick in the teeth. I wonder if it's a serious bid, or maybe more to do with the politics of the local planning application?

It's politics. London transport authorities are apparently giving Spurs a hard time over their proposed new stadium.

It is also a good way to humiliate West Ham, who would make a mockery of the place.

Well, although Villa tickets are pretty cheap, I still can't afford prices like £30 for Bolton at home....

I always knock a tenner off, order the Under 16 tickets online, get them sent through at my house. People on the turn stiles never check, my Dad's 55 and has been with an under 16 ticket :lol:

I know it's cheating the club but at the end of the day, It's not as if we are selling out so £20 to the club is better than £0 at all.

I missed this first time round, I'm not sure the club will be happy about you so proudly admitting to defraud them.

Considering I've gone to 3 games that have been well short of a sell out, there probably happy to have £20 over £0!

Considering I've gone to 3 games that have been well short of a sell out, there probably happy to have £20 over £0!

So does that mean its ok to get on a half empty bus and pay childs fare?

Oh, you do that too?

Maybe its just me that thinks its wrong then.

So does that mean its ok to get on a half empty bus and pay childs fare?

Oh, you do that too?

Maybe its just me that thinks its wrong then.

I've already said it's wrong but I can't afford to pay full prices and nor would I be able to get my mates to go if I told them it's £32 to watch us play Bolton at home.

If we (group) had to pay full prices, we'd of left the Bolton game and gone to the cup matches. Is it REALLY that bad that I don't pay full prices or mates. It's not as if were denying anyone seats and nor are we getting in for free! And then we pay for the ridiculously over priced food/drink.

No one loses.

Why are you so special that it's OK for youto pay less than everyone who would like to go to a Villa match?

The club sets those prices for a reason. They may be too high, thats by the by - theres a price, you pay it. But it needs to make money and every penny you defraud from the club is money that is to the detriment of the clubs cause. Even if it's only comparatively small amounts.

Can't say I'm at all surprised though.

But if it's a case of either him buying a junior ticket or not buying a ticket at all, then surely the club gains more from the junior ticket.

As AVFC-POB says, it's not like he's denying a ticket to someone else who is prepared and able to pay for an adult ticket.

It's politics. London transport authorities are apparently giving Spurs a hard time over their proposed new stadium.

It is also a good way to humiliate West Ham, who would make a mockery of the place.

Hit the nail on the head there, I think.

Not even the transport authorities, Haringey council have been making it very difficult for the club to get their plans approved. It's been how long since the club submitted their first proposal for consideration, only for Levy to have to re-draft it multiple times to comply with Haringey's changing demands.

I think this is Levy's way of telling Haringey that Spurs have other viable options. So Haringey have to either support Spurs and their multi million pound investment into the community, or risk losing the big money maker from their district altogether.

Â