Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

First half highlights report.

Spuds had 11 players and a couple of officials on their side!

VDV looks good. Huddlestone should get a 3 match ban.

Could have been 3-1 up quite easily. Mind you could have ben 1 down with 10 on the pitch.

Hope we beat Suds on Sat, can't bear Glaston coming back after tonight.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Category C at nearly £40? Jesus Christ, that's a disgrace. I really feel sorry for your fans if you do get a new stadium, because ticket prices will increase even more.

Yeah, I'm well aware of that, unfortunately. With the cost of a new stadium and rate of inflation, I would not be surprised at all if the absolute cheapest seats are £55+ by the time the new stadium is in use. :(

My God. What a joke.

By the way do you have people on turnstiles or electronic?

Both. Up until the start of this season there were just people on the turnstiles, tearing tickets. Now they've introduced member access cards, which you absolutely have to have in order to get the barcode scanned and get let in.

Only problem is, they don't work properly. During the Young Boys match, people were arriving to their seats 25 minutes after kick-off because the barcode scanners weren't reading cards properly and the staff weren't letting people in, making them go to the ticket office to print off a back up ticket.

Well, although Villa tickets are pretty cheap, I still can't afford prices like £30 for Bolton at home....

I always knock a tenner off, order the Under 16 tickets online, get them sent through at my house. People on the turn stiles never check, my Dad's 55 and has been with an under 16 ticket :lol:

I know it's cheating the club but at the end of the day, It's not as if we are selling out so £20 to the club is better than £0 at all.

So yeah.....buy the cheaper tickets, no one will ever know. :lol:

quote of the day :lol:

1st penalty. 2 guys wrestling in the area as the ball sails 15 feet over them. Not only was it 6 of one, half dozen of the other, it wasn't even a goalscoring opportunity. Crouch was either going to see it sail over him while standing or while on his arse.

2nd penalty. Bale was falling before he got near the defender. It was very clever and probably what you need to be doing to succeed in Europe, but it was cheating and not a penalty.

3rd penalty. At 80mph the ball hits the upper part of an arm that was in line with the torso. If the player could have magicked his arm off like some Ken doll, then the ball was still hitting the body and not going towards goal. If that was a penalty then so was the Crouch one a few minutes beforehand.

Ridiculous decisions. Not to mention Huddlestone's assault that should have been a red.

But Spurs fans will be optimistic because they do appear to have picked up the necessary tricks pretty quickly. You do need to cheat like a continental in Europe. Bale's penalty was straight out of the Portuguese handbook. If they are also getting preferential treatment from referees then that too bodes well for their progress in the competition. The return match against Bremen now becomes crucial. The matches against Inter are almost freebies.

Cant believe the extra ref didnt see Bales dive. And who exactly gave the third penalty to spurs? all three refs looked lost until suddenly there was a penalty.

And what exactly is that stick the extra refs are using? Looks like a telescopic baton!

Cant believe the extra ref didnt see Bales dive.

Ah the extra ref. Might as well put a scarecrow there, they would be more likely to actually say something when/if they DO see a decision.

I assume Spurs didn't particularly struggle last night then? No extra little injuries or players looking too knackered to look like they'll feature at the weekend?

Rats.

If they are going to use 'long ball to Crouch' tactic again then James Collins will need to have a good game.

As someone pointed out on the Spurs match thread , how many times do they use the diagonal ball to Crouch ? it seemed there main threat the entire match .

They did that for most of last season too. Passed it around their back four and then hoofed it up to crouch. And then booed us for being boring!

People who say spurs play good football )in the sense of attractive football, which I disagree with but that's another story) are wrong. They are effective and get results and credit to them for finishing 4th. But they're as dull as us if not more so. They certainly hoof it more.

Cant believe the extra ref didnt see Bales dive.

Ah the extra ref. Might as well put a scarecrow there, they would be more likely to actually say something when/if they DO see a decision.

I assume Spurs didn't particularly struggle last night then? No extra little injuries or players looking too knackered to look like they'll feature at the weekend?

Rats.

If they are going to use 'long ball to Crouch' tactic again then James Collins will need to have a good game.

It was a very entertaining match to say the least. Twente missed a one on one with Gomes before Spurs scored. At 2-1, Twente shouldve had a penalty but instead Spurs get their third, 3-1 and match over. With a better ref team, it wouldnt have been 4-1......

Â