Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That twunt on Talksport is coming up with some mad conspiracy. Is there really much difference between this deal and the Dunne deal when the paper work was in, but the deal wasn't comfirmed until the next day?

Anyway I think this is Levys work more than anything, I don't see why 'Arry would need him if he has Kranjcar/Modric who are similar if not better suited players to the team.

That twunt on Talksport is coming up with some mad conspiracy. Is there really much difference between this deal and the Dunne deal when the paper work was in, but the deal wasn't comfirmed until the next day?

Anyway I think this is Levys work more than anything, I don't see why 'Arry would need him if he has Kranjcar/Modric who are similar if not better suited players to the team.

Levy wouldn't sign a player Harry doesn't want. Harry explained that Levy rang at about 4pm and asked if he'd be interested in VDV, as a deal could be done. He probably did the same with 50 players in the last month and I'm sure we'd have at least 10 players offered to Levy yesterday alone. It would be the same with any Premier League club. I doubts Hlebs' agent just tried to broker a deal of Birmingham. He'd have rung Levy (and every other deal broker in the Prem) and Levy would have asked Harry. With Hleb he said no and VDV yes.

I know, but 'Arry wouldn't say no to VDV. It seems like a marketing/profile type decision more than anything. Clubs will sit up and notice Spuds if they had signed VDV. But in all honesty, he isn't better than Modric and on par with Kranjcar IMO.

I just think this signing has pointlessly unbalanced your squad. He's a good player but it seems as if 'Arry just couldn't say no.

I would be really disappointed if I were a spurs fan after that transfer window, VDV or not.

They have wasted a golden opportunity to sell their club as a Champions League team to attract a higher standard of player but they haven’t added anyone better than their current first 11. They won't get another chance like that for a few more years IMO.

You must be jesting with us, I presume.

* VdV: an arguably world-class player, with Champion's League experience, signed for just 8m

* Sandro: Brazilian U-21 captain, now called up into their senior squad and fresh from having just helped his old team to win the most prestigious club competition in South American football - the Copa Libertadores.

* Gallas: vast CL experience and vast experience of the Prem. Few teams will have a better backup CB on their books.

* Good quality backup goalie signed.

* None of our key players sold (unlike some clubs I can think of).

PS. It's a squad game sunshine - it's not all about first XI. But you can bet that VdV will be in that first XI more often than not.

VDV is not a world class player but i think your other 3 signings are good as Gallas and Pletikosa are good back ups with Pletikosa IMO better than Cudicini. Plus Sandro is a hot prospect.

You still could have done with a striker as your front line still doesnt convince me

I worry about signings made that late in the day.

IF ITS TRUE that the deal was instigated at 4pm, does that mean that Harry had until 6pm to meet the player, discuss his role in the team with him etc? In the space of 2 hours, VDV has moved from Madrid to London?

No wonder players find it hard to settle sometimes. If I was moving country and it was all decided in the space of 2 hours, I would feel pretty shell-shocked.

TBF Glaston did say 'arguably' world-class. Presumably only argued by fans who are clinging to a piss-poor transfer window given the absolute golden opportunity to cement their place among the elite because the likes of us, Everton, Arsenal & Liverpool did f*ck all, added to the fact that Spurs are now an actual CL team and have never been as attractive a prospect as they are now, also the fact that they definitely had money to spend after reaching the group stages and only actually managed to sign a backup for their keeper, a backup for their fragile centre back, a backup for Palacios and a backup for Modric. As I said, a spec-****-tacularly shite transfer window which has let the rest of us off the hook big style. And I for one thank Harry 'the football manager' Redknapp. He's right, he's no wheeler dealer, because if he was he wouldn't have had such a shite transfer window.

Thanks Harry, ya melt-faced twunt :thumb:

I would be really disappointed if I were a spurs fan after that transfer window, VDV or not.

They have wasted a golden opportunity to sell their club as a Champions League team to attract a higher standard of player but they haven’t added anyone better than their current first 11. They won't get another chance like that for a few more years IMO.

You must be jesting with us, I presume.

* VdV: an arguably world-class player, with Champion's League experience, signed for just 8m

* Sandro: Brazilian U-21 captain, now called up into their senior squad and fresh from having just helped his old team to win the most prestigious club competition in South American football - the Copa Libertadores.

* Gallas: vast CL experience and vast experience of the Prem. Few teams will have a better backup CB on their books.

* Good quality backup goalie signed.

* None of our key players sold (unlike some clubs I can think of).

PS. It's a squad game sunshine - it's not all about first XI. But you can bet that VdV will be in that first XI more often than not.

Sorry mate you're not fooling me.

If you had put down at the start of the window what you had expected Spurs to do this summer there is no way it would be "bring in a few squad players".

I'm with BOF, we've had a let off big time this window. I was expecting players like Suarez, Fabiano etc to come into Spurs with your new found Champions League status.

The problem Spurs had was that they appeared to be unwilling to spend until they had secured Champions League group stage football. This gave them about a week to get some players in. I think Van Der Vaart is a great signing at that price. On his day he can be brilliant, but he isnt the worlds most consistent player. I dont think he will set the Premier League alight, but he will do a good job there and offers plenty of European experience.

It wouldnt surprise me to see Spurs spend again in January though. Luckily, from a Villa fan's point of view I dont think there is room for Ashley Young and VDV in the same squad.

Â