Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Interesting which club has more players in the premier league team of ths season at present :)

http://www.premierleague.com/page/TeamOfTheSeason/0,,12306,00.html

Maybe a couple of Spurs boys made the B team!

Do you not understand that Actim use a cumulative points system? It's already been pointed out that your best players have missed comparitively few games, compared with those of other clubs. Hence the fact Gabby is ahead of Torres. None of the current team of the season players have played under 2200 mins. But aside from that, the Actim Index is hardly a good way of judging players and as i said earlier i can't imagine the reaction would have been very positive if a Spurs fan had used it to demonstarte our players superiority.

If the premier league judge it to be the most appropriate player index then that'll do for me.

Good to see according to the official site we have the top 3 players!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the comment about Villa fans having a constant air of superiority then why shouldn't we?

Since Spurs were founded we've been the superior club for 86 out of your 128 years (67% of your history), won more major trophies, and outperformed you in the 2 main competitions.

Overall we've been better than you for over 2 in every 3 years!

Bale is the best left back in the league on current form imo

miles better than Warnock

and as for Warnock being great in the 25 of the 28 games he's played, the mind boggles

I've not argued that Bale isn't the best left back on current form. I wouldn't argue that Warnock is in poor form either. But unfortunately form over the last month is irrelevant when talking about a team between the 2 over the season.

Okay, maybe not 25 of 28, but certainly above 20. Warnock barely put a foot wrong before the Cup Final.

While Bale's playing very well, he's certainly not as good as people are saying. He aint the next Maldini as some seem to be making him out to be. :lol:

lol bale doesn't even play left-back because he's so shit defensively, the criminal plays him on the left-wing now because he's only good going foward. also he's only been really for the last 2 1/2 months so that's only a sort time of playing. if it wasn't for assou-ekoto playing in the african cup of nations he wouldn't of even been considered for the spuds team... he barely played before january/feburary, just sitting on the bench the whole time. Evra, A.Cole, Clichy, Baines and Warnock are all streets ahead of bale.

Good point, I forgot Assou-Ekotto was back and now realise that he hasn't even been playing left back. I had Warnock in my team anyway because he'd played more games, he'd been consistant over more games and he'd had more good games. But to add to that, Bale has only started 11 league games, the last few not even as left back. So yeah, a player who's probably played 6 or 7 games at left back is not going to get in front of Warnock. :lol:

lol bale doesn't even play left-back because he's so shit defensively, the criminal plays him on the left-wing now because he's only good going foward. also he's only been really for the last 2 1/2 months so that's only a sort time of playing. if it wasn't for assou-ekoto playing in the african cup of nations he wouldn't of even been considered for the spuds team... he barely played before january/feburary, just sitting on the bench the whole time. Evra, A.Cole, Clichy, Baines and Warnock are all streets ahead of bale.

You seriously talk some shit, fella.

Point number 1, Assou-Ekotto didn't go to the ACN. He was injured.

Point number 2, Bale was carrying an injury at the start of the season.

Point number 3, Assou-Ekotto was in great form at left back for Spurs before his injury, hence Bale's lack of opportunity.

Point number 4, Bale has played left midfield recently due to injuries to Lennon, Bentley, Jenas, Huddlestone and Palacios. Forcing both of our regular left midfielders in Modric and Kranjcar to move to the centre and right, respectively.

Point number 5, Spurs have only conceded 11 goals since Bale broke into the team earlier in the year. 4 of those goals came after his move into left midfield. And none of the other 7 came from attacks down the Spurs' left side.

Point number 6, he's 20 years old. That's like me saying Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard and Essien are all streets ahead of Fabian Delph. Plus, Cole and Clichy were shit defenders at that age, Bale's better defensively at the moment than they were. Bale's better defensively than he was six months ago. He'll be even better defensively six months from now.

Point number 7, he missed six months of his first season due to ligament damage. He then missed the first three months of this season after having to have a knee operation. That's nine months out with injuries in two year. Do you know what that does to the development of a young player?

You can throw as many insults as you want at Spurs fans but the simple truth is your irrational hatred of Spurs has made you more delusional about them than any Spurs fan could try to be.

Seriously, at least try to get some of your facts right before you spew your bile.

You seriously talk some shit, fella.

Point number 1, Assou-Ekotto didn't go to the ACN. He was injured.

Point number 2, Bale was carrying an injury at the start of the season.

Point number 3, Assou-Ekotto was in great form at left back for Spurs before his injury, hence Bale's lack of opportunity.

Point number 4, Bale has played left midfield recently due to injuries to Lennon, Bentley, Jenas, Huddlestone and Palacios. Forcing both of our regular left midfielders in Modric and Kranjcar to move to the centre and right, respectively.

Point number 5, Spurs have only conceded 11 goals since Bale broke into the team earlier in the year. 4 of those goals came after his move into left midfield. And none of the other 7 came from attacks down the Spurs' left side.

Point number 6, he's 20 years old. That's like me saying Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard and Essien are all streets ahead of Fabian Delph. Plus, Cole and Clichy were shit defenders at that age, Bale's better defensively at the moment than they were. Bale's better defensively than he was six months ago. He'll be even better defensively six months from now.

Point number 7, he missed six months of his first season due to ligament damage. He then missed the first three months of this season after having to have a knee operation. That's nine months out with injuries in two year. Do you know what that does to the development of a young player?

You can throw as many insults as you want at Spurs fans but the simple truth is your irrational hatred of Spurs has made you more delusional about them than any Spurs fan could try to be.

Seriously, at least try to get some of your facts right before you spew your bile.

Bale is the best left back since football was invented. Spurs are wonderful.

Etc. Etc.

As for the comment about Villa fans having a constant air of superiority then why shouldn't we?

Since Spurs were founded we've been the superior club for 86 out of your 128 years (67% of your history), won more major trophies, and outperformed you in the 2 main competitions.

As has been pointed out several times before, a large proportion of Villa's trophies were won in the Victorian era, when the league structure was tiny and most of today's clubs, including Spurs, were not even in it.

In the majority of each of the decades since then Villa have won fewer trophies than Spurs - thus your claim that Villa have "been the superior club for 86 out of your 128 years" is partisan nonsense.

As has been pointed out several times before, a large proportion of Villa's trophies were won in the Victorian era, when the league structure was tiny and most of today's clubs, including Spurs, were not even in it.

In the majority of each of the decades since then Villa have won fewer trophies than Spurs - thus your claim that Villa have "been the superior club for 86 out of your 128 years" is partisan nonsense.

Ohhh, you shouldn't have gone and said that. :lol:

You ought to just let it go. I've found people here are much more friendly when talking about the here and now than the past.

Plus, you can't deny that they are technically correct. A league win is a league win, regardless of when and how it was achieved.

You'd think he'd stop saying it, I think people have pissed on it from a great height at least 3 times now.

When does Spurs atrocious run in start? He'll **** off again then.

You'd think he'd stop saying it, I think people have pissed on it from a great height at least 3 times now.

On the contrary, it always has been (and remains) a very valid point.

All the more so in the context of the ludricrous claim that Villa have "been the superior club for 86 out of your 128 years" ... a claim that itself rules out many of your Victorian era (big-fish-in-a-tiny pond) trophies.

Since Spurs joined the football league (1908) our trophy count stands up very well in comparison to Villa's ... and even that ignores the FA Cup we won prior to even joining the league.

I don't want to get into this particualr argumetn, but can someone clarify my undersatndig of things. Wasn't the football league effectively just the name given to a northern league and there were no southern sides in for practical reasons? How were teams supposed to travel to away games back in the 19th century? Surely it just wasn't practical to have a proper nationwide football league?

I think I'll take the AVFC and Football League history sites - claiming we have over 20 major trophies - over a whingey little Spurs fan who's just annoyed that he supports a relatively unseccessful club in comparison. I love how Spurs fans go on about 'too long ago'. For **** sake, you haven't won the League sine before England even won the World Cup! We've done so since then and much more.

Fact is Glaston, Spurs have been in the Football League for 101 years (first entering in 1908/09) and have 2 league titles, that's just about 1 every 50 years and we have 7 league titles in 122 years, an average of a title every 17 years (3 times better than Spurs).

Come back when you're Champions of Europe. :thumb:

I've just seen an ESPN advert for Football Rivalries Tottenham & Arsenal and the Spurs fan says "Tottenham play pure football, Arsenal don't" WHAT?! It's not just villa who they think they have better players than and are better than, it's the whole **** league by the sounds of things!

I don't want to get into this particualr argumetn, but can someone clarify my undersatndig of things. Wasn't the football league effectively just the name given to a northern league and there were no southern sides in for practical reasons? How were teams supposed to travel to away games back in the 19th century? Surely it just wasn't practical to have a proper nationwide football league?

There was a rail network...

IIRC, the county FAs in the south generally continued to ban professionalism into the 20th century.

Association and rugby football were both largely middle class sports in the 19th century: rugby managed to split over the question of professionalism and football nearly did. Had the FA not gone with the "local option" (allowing each county FA to decide whether or not to allow professionalism), either the northern or southern clubs would have seceded and we probably would also see a gradual divergence in the codes played.

On the contrary, it always has been (and remains) a very valid point.

All the more so in the context of the ludricrous claim that Villa have "been the superior club for 86 out of your 128 years" ... a claim that itself rules out many of your Victorian era (big-fish-in-a-tiny pond) trophies.

Since Spurs joined the football league (1908) our trophy count stands up very well in comparison to Villa's ... and even that ignores the FA Cup we won prior to even joining the league.

You only type this crap because you know it winds people up. As an argument it is about as relevant as my ballsack.

Â