O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Anyways Everton got beat 6-1 and looked even more pathetic.

Do you think Evertonians want Moyes out now? And they had a great end to their season.

What Everton fans do or don't think is of very little interest to me. I dare say I'll find out in the office tomorrow, as I work with a million of the buggers, but we have enough problems of our own without worrying about them.

Another team playing badly and getting stuffed is of little comfort to be honest.

As do I work with a million of em, not as bad as the redscouse though ffs! Atleast we have some affinity with the blue half !

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season was last season, we ended badly due to the fact we started in July, we lost our centre back and captain.

I know obviously the centre back situation hasnt been sorted but I 100% guarantee it will before Sept 1st.

In pre-season did we play good football against good opposition? Yes we did, the team is capable, and last season cannot be used as an excuse and its getting on my moobs that people keeping going on about it.

Not really because competitively is where it matters and we have to look to those games to judge our form and it is rubbish. I was very happy come start of the season because I thought it would be a fresh start for us but I was wrong. That was the worse performance I have seen us put in for years. I am completely deflated about the season now after one game!

Also we better be because it's Liverpool, in the league, next.

everton have not won only 2 games in 18,sure they are the team we handed a 10 point lead to..**** shocking from our team and manager..

This was giong to be similarly my point, our problem is its no different to the disasterous end to last season. Same players, same problems, same result.

If we had been doing brightly in our last games end of last season I would take yesterdays defeat as a blip/slip up. I wouldnt be happy to lose, but I would feel we can just kick on and it wouldnt be such a problem in the grand scheme of things.

Its just the fact we are continuing exactly where we left off, which is a really bad thing. I had a pesamistic view of this season if we hadnt made some substantial changes, I went to the game yesterday hoping we would do a lot better than I suspected we might. We did worse and it really upset me to see it man, I'm desperate to be proven wrong!

Here's a scenario! before the season started how many people would have took 3 points from our opening two fixtures? well what happens if you go and spank Liverpool? aren't we where we thought we would be? I know it's all if's and but's....BUT let's not give up after one game eh?!

For the umpteenth time, it's not just about one game.

For me its time to go and im not judging him over yesterdays game but the 3 to 4 months of last season.

Yesterday was probably the most toothless performance i have ever seen from a villa side.

For god sake they were playing Wigan not any of the Top 4 or any side with that quality.

The Transfers have been poor and his ability in the transfer market is just abismal.

He's had long enough to build a squad with strength in depth and yet after all this time its still on the ground.

Also the fact Petrov is captain ? He is not captain material good god i dont like Heskey but i reckon he would be more of a leader than Petrov simply because of his personality.

The decision to play Delph in place of Reo Coker who has plenty of premiership experience instead he plays a Young lad from League 1 who has absolutely none.

Surely MON could see just how bad they were in the first half yesterday yet he decided to make no changes ? 1 word CLUELESS

Time to go in my eyes

I thought i would never say this, but after yesterday hes got till September the 1st in my opinion. And that means no Sol Campbells or Shorey style panic buys. Serious Money needs spending quickly, or we are fooked.

Its not just me either. The common view from %90 of the fans around me and in the pubs after, was that Martins lost the plot. Now im sure there will be some lick martins shit lemming brigade will say thats not true, and if so, then all i can say is that they never went to the game.

January, our form since Feb, this summers inept recruitment, his clueless team selection and substitutions, and his treatment of big John and NRC has got me near to the end of my tether with him.

And another thing, get shot of Heskey. I would prefer Harewood in front of that peice of lard.

Sorry for such a negative post, but im still fooking annoyed, and Martin had better wake up and smell the coffee.

Its not just me either. The common view from %90 of the fans around me and in the pubs after, was that Martins lost the plot. Now im sure there will be some lick martins shit lemming brigade will say thats not true, and if so, then all i can say is that they never went to the game.

Yep, the results of this thread barely seem to reflect the views felt in the atmosphere around villa park yesterday. Was really cold and a lot of angry people, wasnt a nice place to be really :(

The simple fact is that at the start of a new season there should be a freshness about the team rearing to go but the performance was the very same as the end of last season which I don't need to point out is relegation form and whilst I don't think that will happen it can't just be ignored because its early doors and if you look at the form of A Young lately, including his England performance which was awful at best and weather that's because all is not right in the dressing room, his head has been turned or he has simply started to believe his own hype I don't know but the simple fact is is that he is simply not the same player as of late. Bottom line is that for now I think we have been found out and I just don't think MON has a plan B.

Yep, the results of this thread barely seem to reflect the views felt in the atmosphere around villa park yesterday. Was really cold and a lot of angry people, wasnt a nice place to be really :(

I want Martin to turn this around and succeed, i really do. But what i witnessed yesterday was ominous. I have not seen as much dissent since Oleary.

Was it just me or did they look clueless?

I hope to god im wrong, but that performance felt like hes lost the dressing room.

Hell, he was just standing there gobsmacked.

Like the rest of us.

Here's a scenario! before the season started how many people would have took 3 points from our opening two fixtures? well what happens if you go and spank Liverpool? aren't we where we thought we would be? I know it's all if's and but's....BUT let's not give up after one game eh?!

What about all the games before when we played some fantastic football?

7 Away wins on the bounce.

This all proves to me that MON and the squad have it in them to turn things around.

It was not just because of Laursen and Barry.

This all proves to me that MON and the squad have it in them to turn things around.

Some people won't have it mate. They'll just say we've always played shit football. People won't be happy until we are Arsenal.

And the form we ended last season indicates that they have not got that in them.

Something is very wrong behind the scenes, only a blind man would fail to see that.

Some people won't have it mate. They'll just say we've always played shit football. People won't be happy until we are Arsenal.

We need to give him a chance

People want him out ater what 18 bad games?

It is absolute nonsense.

And whats wrong with that?

Is that not what we should be trying to do?

And the form we ended last season indicates that they have not got that in them.

Something is very wrong behind the scenes, only a blind man would fail to see that.

You are basing all this on assumption though.

When we have seen countless interviews from people saying the team spirit is brilliant.

Do you think Evertonians want Moyes out now? And they had a great end to their season.

That's the whole point. We had a disasterous end to the season.

And Everton were played off the park by Arsenal, we were played off the park by the mighty Wigan!!

And whats wrong with that?

Is that not what we should be trying to do?

Yes but quite obviously we need patience to get there.

Something we almost did last year.

If I might tease something out...

You complain that MON has spent more than most managers. He has managed 2 consecutive 6th place finishes, while those teams who have spent within the same ball park have fallen below.

This pre-season, his net spend has been in the region of £4 million if I'm right, which is nothing. He lost Laursen and Barry, but that was unavoidable, yet aside from Bent, I don't think there was one truly attainable quality player that we have missed out on. So i don't know what else the anti-MON brigade are expecting. Don't say he's tactically inept, because as you yourselves have said, this is a results business and he has gotten results.

After what he spent we finished well up in the league. He hasn't spent this time around because there was really nothing available and he has also lost two vitally important players. If we are lacking in quality (and we are), he is a victim of his situation. He could buy some players to fill up the squad, but with the market inflated as it is, he probably didn't see the point while we have young talented players who would not be completely eclipsed by what we would get if we started bringing in squad fillers. Based on reports we got screwed by Portsmouth into losing Knight and being left without Distin, which could be blamed on MON, if you really want, but is moreso down to the desperation of Pompey.

So the squad is lacking. And it is. But what else could he have done? We shouldn't be losing to teams like Wigan, but the backbone has been ripped out of our side and we are still reeling. I don't think he has, or ever will lose the dressing room, as the team have a great respect for him as a manager. We're trying desperately for Wesley Sneijder who would kick-start our season, but if he doesn't come rolling into Bodymoor Heath in the next 2 weeks, this isn't going to be a hugely successful season, but I really don't think too much of the blame can be laid at Martin's door.

I think i've heard it all now :lol: Now Martin's a victim is he? A victim of a situation that is.

How do you know there were no players attainable of the quality needed? Unless you are someone ITK then you saying there was "really nothing available" is about as accurate a statement as Gabby is with his shooting.

And how can you possibly sit there and blame Portsmouth for US selling Knight to Bolton, not 'losing' him as you state. WE decided to sell him before we had a replacement lined up, how is that anybody's fault apart from our own? Take your rose tinted spectacles off please.

Victim of circumstance. Not a victim of a rape, which is the connotation of the word you are trying to invoke. I didn't say I knew no one was available, but if a quality player was available, wouldn't he have been seized by another club? The story was that Portsmouth had verbally agreed to sell Distin to us, but circumstances changed. I said it could be blamed on MON, so there are no rose-tinted spectacles.

Well there are some. Villa fans seem to have picked up 'the divine right to success' spectacles as worn by Newcastle fans every season up til May 2009.

You think you've heard it all now?

There we go, you're basing your accusation on Portsmouth from a newspaper story, hardly giving you the morale high ground to make such statements.

And for the record, you said "which could be blamed on MON, if you really want, but is moreso down to the desperation of Pompey." Which is the biggest load of bollocks i've read on here in a long time, stop trying to swerve from the facts. Martin let Zat Knight leave for Bolton BEFORE he had completed the signing of a replacement. Those are the facts my friend.

It's quite obviously not me wearing the spectacles :lol:

Â