Boxing Topics

bickster

Should we have just the one boxing topic or lots of them on the go at once?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have just the one boxing topic or lots of them on the go at once?

• Lots
    • Just the One
    • Not bothered either way

There's no more boxing topics than there are "weekend football" threads or political events threads, so I see no reason to confine it one thread when things like that aren't.

It is sort of a football forum webiste though, and there is nowhere else to stick those weekend games threads. But yes, I think you would have to treat many other topics the same way if things were to change in regards to Boxing topics.

There's no more boxing topics than there are "weekend football" threads or political events threads, so I see no reason to confine it one thread when things like that aren't.

Weekend Football topics manage to cover the matches of all the other 90 clubs in action that weekend apart from Villa and whoever were playing, thats 45 matches in just England alone, why do we need a new topic everytime two blokes want to have a punch up with gloves on? Formula One topic manages to go a whole season on one topic, same for cricket usually. The five nations a whole nine weeks worth of international rugby on one topic, cant see the need for more than one topic meself, especially for such a minority "sport"

I'm not really bothered either way. The point I was trying to make was that the topics such as F1 are restricted to 1 topic by choice, if you get my meaning. As far as I'm aware the Mods haven't said, "there must be no more than 1 F1 topic", it just happens that way.

The minute you start forcing threads like the boxing ones to be restricted to one topic you'd have to start doing it for others as well.

Just my 2 cents, as I said, i don't read them very often so I'm not fussed.

There's two boxing threads in the 4 pages of topics I checked.

Hardly swamped by them, are you?

Boxing matches are totally different from the next one. Whereas F1 is a season with the same competitors in one competition, so one combined thread works. Football has too many matches to cover, so a weekend football thread covers them all etc

Boxing isn't the best at being advertised either and sometimes the TV deal isn't done till late, so an individual thread to attract attention and give details is needed.

I'm not really bothered either way. The point I was trying to make was that the topics such as F1 are restricted to 1 topic by choice, if you get my meaning. As far as I'm aware the Mods haven't said, "there must be no more than 1 F1 topic", it just happens that way.

The minute you start forcing threads like the boxing ones to be restricted to one topic you'd have to start doing it for others as well.

Just my 2 cents, as I said, i don't read them very often so I'm not fussed.

Not true, we did start "forcing" people into a weekend football topic, there were just too many discussions going on, now its accepted practice and everyone just gets on with it

There's two boxing threads in the 4 pages of topics I checked.

Hardly swamped by them, are you?

Boxing matches are totally different from the next one. Whereas F1 is a season with the same competitors in one competition, so one combined thread works. Football has too many matches to cover, so a weekend football thread covers them all etc

Boxing isn't the best at being advertised either and sometimes the TV deal isn't done till late, so an individual thread to attract attention and give details is needed.

Thats 4 times the weekend football topic for the week and that has the ability to discuss at least 45 matches between two different teams, those individual matches all being totally different to each other, nonsense argument there sorry.

Come on you don't expect me to believe the boxing topics are all about advertising which channel the fight is on do you? If thats the case why aren't the owners of the rights paying us to advertise their fights?

There are about 5 fighters who people will start threads about. Khan, Hatton, Froch, Mayweather and Haye.

They only fight about twice a year, so essentially you're gonna get about 10 boxing threads a year. Less than one a month.

Hardly worthy of one combined thread.

There are about 5 fighters who people will start threads about. Khan, Hatton, Froch, Mayweather and Haye.

They only fight about twice a year, so essentially you're gonna get about 10 boxing threads a year. Less than one a month.

Hardly worthy of one combined thread.

I'd argue that with such few matches they can't possibly need more than one topic!

You said yourself the football thread got confined to one thread, because people were creating too many.

Now boxing needs to be in one thread, because there aren't enough threads?

As I said, there's not many of them, not as if they're swamping the front page. I prefer discussing the fights on an individual basis than a mixed up thread.

It would be like merging every single weekends football topic into one huge thread.

The next month or so is a busy month so there will be more threads than normal, but I dont see it as an issue that floods the forum.

Â