• Upper Class
    • Upper Middle Class
    • Middle Class
    • Lower Middle Class
    • Working Class
    • Working Poor
    • Poor
    • Homeless

I voted upper middle... I had a six-figure trust fund and was accepted to Pomfret, Groton, Northfield Mount Hermon, and Deerfield, though I elected not to matriculate at any of those institutions (I do think from time to time about how my life might be different). OTOH, ignoring those things, I'm largely indistinguishable from someone in the working class.

Class is purely based on behavior and intelligence, money had absolutely nothing to do with it.

The quote I posted was meant to show class can be, but is not always defined by intelligence.

and I think you meant has nothing to do with it. ;)

Class is purely based on behavior and intelligence, money had absolutely nothing to do with it.

The quote I posted was meant to show class can be, but is not always defined by intelligence.

and I think you meant has nothing to do with it. ;)

yes I did indeed.

I was merely trying to make the point that people assume everyone with money suddenly changes the class they are in.

the Harry Enfield sketch "considerably richer than yaou" is a classic example of how money doesn't really have bearing on "class".

I think you can judge someones class by having a chat with them.

I'm descended from Bavarian royalty. And descended is definitley the right word. For me class (in this sense) is about your attitudes and expectations.

Â