World of Warcraft

The_Rev

That is all AOE damage though. My point remains that levelling up as a Pally, especially if its your first ever character and you dont have access to heirloom gear is going to feel like everything dies slowly.

Indeed, Paladins are still nice for AE DPS (nowhere near as good as, say, an Unholy DK or FFB mage, though),but they're not great at all on single targets, and it shows at 80. They're down there with balance druids and elemental shaman on most ICC encounters.

Well, the goalposts have been moved somewhat. People are aiming for 80 now. I have no problem with 1-60 or 1-70 being quick. I dont think super power levellers like Jay and Ruben post the kind of time that somebody just starting out will achieve either.

Well I re-specced to Frost... I feel like a duck out of water.

I got shouted out in my first dungeon (omg mage, ur nt a tnk, move bk) for getting too close to mobs, truth told I was running in to Frost Nova with my Ice Barrier on, then Blinking out, spinning round and dropping the Blizzard - I thought that was a good strategy. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was a lame player having a moan. Anyway, I'll get used to it.

When levelling alone, the mobs hardly, if at all; get a hit on me. Unless they are a spell caster and I am not quick enough to counter. So I guess it is good.

I never liked Frost when I played a Mage. I was always Arcane/Fire.

AVFCLaura, have you ever given Warlock a go? If you like the Mage you'll like the hell out of Warlocks.

After playing both I always see the Mage as a gimped Warlock now.

Well it's taken me 3 years to get my Mage to where she is now, I don't think I have it in me to start another character. I fit so well with a Mage, I was totally comfortable with my Fire Mage but so many people said I would do better at my current level with Frost so I've given it a go. Fingers crossed, Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

My Mage feels powerful, when I'm in a group with same/similar levels I feel totally comfortable and match (mainly better) the DPS and Damage done so it's all good.

Build up some better gear through dungeons and see how it goes. 70 always was the big milestone to me and I can't believe I'm so close now. Whoo hooo!

Fair enough. You'll soon feel the urge to start a new character when you get to 80, I can guarantee that. It's a lot easier 2nd time around too because you can send yourself money to buy decent gear, you know what to do, etc etc.

I felt the same when I was playing a Mage, but after playing a Warlock I felt completely useless without my demon.

I've had a real urge to start up again when I get back, I wouldn't mind being a priest. It's just a bit irksome having to start again when you consider I've already sold two accounts in the past.

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. Not really interested in being a Shaman.

As I haven't had any access to a decent computer for the past year I'm hoping that all the games that have come out in that time will tide me over till TOR comes out or I get into the Army, whichever comes first.

Well Risso it's funny you should say that as I went back to the beginning of this thread about half an hour ago and had a read, enjoyed the buzz and excitement from you guys just starting out in the game.

I've played for 3 years and seen a few changes, still absolutely love the game though. The new dungeon finder is a brilliant addition which would surely be great for your higher levels. I feel like I see less people who have appeared to roll an account now too, which is good, most people I am finding 60-80 now actually know how to play.

Do it, you know you won't regret it! Plan to play on Monday, install and patch now, leave it on and running, you won't be annoyed if you don't install right before you want to play - that's when the patches are so depressing.

You're missing out, shaman are awesome! I was mostly a dual wielding mean mutha of mayhem at the end, and was always top 3 in damage dealt in 25 man Naxx raids. Towards the end it was getting a bit silly, as we had pets (a pair of ghost wolves) and the ability to sheep (well, "frog") people. Ace fun.

I never liked Frost when I played a Mage. I was always Arcane/Fire.

AVFCLaura, have you ever given Warlock a go? If you like the Mage you'll like the hell out of Warlocks.

After playing both I always see the Mage as a gimped Warlock now.

Oddly I have the exact opposite opinion. I love the mobility of the Mage, and quite frankly, playing a class that doesnt have portals? **** that.

Oddly I have the exact opposite opinion. I love the mobility of the Mage, and quite frankly, playing a class that doesnt have portals? **** that.

The portal skills were pointless when you could just HS to Shattrath or Dalaran and teleport from there.

Actually I had half an urge to reactivate my account, but don't think I can be bothered with all the patches, and all the changes they've made.

I can't be arsed to say 'I'm not going to play again' anymore. I always seem to get the urge back after a while.

As Laura says though, the Dungeon Finder has been a revelation.

Â