World of Warcraft

The_Rev

A dirty ally in our midst? Wish I'd seen that before cancelling my account. When I attacked a squishy it looked like a frog being put in a blender.

If you could get close enough to hit it.

A Shaman was one of the easiest fights I had as a Mage. Especially if I was Arcane and the Shammy wasnt Resto.

A dirty ally in our midst? Wish I'd seen that before cancelling my account. When I attacked a squishy it looked like a frog being put in a blender.

Orcs, Corspes and Cows calling other races "dirty" now? :D

Oh hark at you all...

I'm a girl - I went for the prettiest character. It wasn't a pre-meditated selection in any other sense.

May I just say that Aniya is the most beautiful Mage on my realm, thank you.

EDIT: Thanks Brigga, that's the one I printed :D I also downloaded that add on Nayson recommended, confusing at first but seems pretty handy.

90% of this thread were tales of a Horde guild on Deathwing and Tarren Mill (we migrated). I think everybody is all over the place now.

90% of this thread were tales of a Horde guild on Deathwing and Tarren Mill (we migrated). I think everybody is all over the place now.

Is anyone still playing? I know Riss has cancelled recently.

If you could get close enough to hit it.

A Shaman was one of the easiest fights I had as a Mage. Especially if I was Arcane and the Shammy wasnt Resto.

They made it really easy to get close to mages. Wolves, grounding totem, hex, earth shock....nowhere near as difficult as they used to be.

Like you wouldnt believe.

It was good fun if you knew somebody who was going for Rank 14 though, as you could get in on their premades. I played alongside a warrior called Tankar (see, if you got to Rank 14 you became immortal on the server, everybody knew your name. Case in point? Edythegreat who probably had his Hearthstone set in Warsong Gulch. )

There was a lot more camaraderie back then too, as Battlegrounds only ever put you against people from your own server. This meant that realm forums on WoW Europe were actually worth posting on, and you would kinda feel friendly with players on the other faction you kept seeing in BG's if you ever met them out in the open. The one thing I miss more than any other is same server only battlegrounds, but Blizz **** up a bit at 60 by giving the Alliance elves and Paladins (it was easier to raid with a Paladin in your group) so the faction imbalance led to huge queue times for Alliance players. Horde pretty much got into everywhere instantly. Yay us.

The crazy thing is that for a long time it was only really going for Rank 14 if you played a class who could equip a 2h melee weapon. It certainly wasnt worth bothering with if you were a caster. Mind you, the weapon did look cool even if its stats were shit. It was cool that you had to be at least a Stone Guard to get inside the officers quarters, I tried to stay at Stone Guard or Blood Guard just because of the cheap mana potions you could buy in there. I think I was something stupid like 5 hk's away from Legionnaire one week. Bit annoyed I missed that now, but I didnt care at the time as I wasnt chasing any of the gear above Blood Guard. I think Tankar said that it took him a solid six weeks of at least 8 hours Warsong Gulch a day to go from rank 13 to rank 14, and that was only if you agreed honour caps with other players going for Rank 14. To get from Rank 1 to Rank 14 might that that kind of commitment for three to four months. **** that.

pre Tbc was what wow was all about everything after that for me is just a bad memory.

Absolutely. I had fun during TBC but the game changed so much in that expansion that a lot of the fun stuff that used to go on in Azeroth died.

Â