World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Well I helped Si with the werewolf elite mobs on that tower on the island in the east of Grizzly Hills. I forgot that the last elite (son of Arugal) MC's one of the party, and unfortunately that meant me, so after killing Si, I then had to solo him and all the bloody adds he spawns!

I didn't bother to res as I wanted to watch the quite epic battle you had. And yes, you were wonderful. 8)

Those epic flyers are bastard expensive aren't they? 7000g in all if my calculations are correct.

Basic flying skill = 800g

Epic flying skill = 5000g

Epic flying mount = 200g

Cold weather flying = 1000g

Hopefully get the bugger at the weekend as I'm tired of not flying.

Those epic flyers are bastard expensive aren't they? 7000g in all if my calculations are correct.

Basic flying skill = 800g

Epic flying skill = 5000g

Epic flying mount = 200g

Cold weather flying = 1000g

Hopefully get the bugger at the weekend as I'm tired of not flying.

Have you done all the Sholazor quests yet Si on the DK? If not get them done, as there are lots of "kill x amount of rhinos" type quests, and as a skinner, you'll clean up. 1 piece of Heavy Borean Leather usually sells for between 5G and 7G, so I make loads of G a day from skinning my own and other people's kills. As you know if Arctic Fur drops that's another 60-70G. If you do the Sons of Hodir chain q in Storm Peak, the dailies there give great skinning opportunities.

Rolled a mage to join you all on Tarren Mill a few weeks back. Can't be bothered to level it though, so am still using my main on The Sha'tar. Just wish it wasn't an rp realm.....

Think I would have quit the game a long time ago If I were on a non-PvP server. Nothing like world PvP and levelling up knowing you could be ganked at any second adds to the game no end.

you can still gank on rp realms :P

No, but I didn't click on it to generate you any advertising income either!

The only times I've got wow specific trojans on my pc were when I was (for interest only) looking at various wow hacking sites and gold selling sites. I seem to remember the theory that if they sellyou gold, they know your characters and therefore accounts good for hacking after, to recover the gold to "resell" again.

Worth a warning if there are new players here.

Lol and now theres another - from a different provider. - Obviously blizzards attempts to try and kill the gold farmingindustry seem tobe failing. Or do the advertising providers have software that picks up on thread titles/popularity? Targetted advertising is pretty clever stuff.

Depends how you look at it i guess. If it takes me four hours to grind x amount of gold, but i can earn the cash to buy it in two, then why not do some overtime at work and spend the change on something nice? Not saying i have ever bought gold, but id imagine a lot of people think like this.

Well i guess i just see it as part of the game. Gold is your reward for kills or the work you do in the game..

Buying thousands outside is just like cheating to me and also helps contribute to gold spamming. I mean whats the point really, if you say i cant be bothered to wait to get so and so; i'll buy gold and buy everthing i want now!

Imagine if the basic football manager was an online management game only..and you had access to an editor and gave yourself a few hundred million to spend. Whats the point of the game?

Anyway, just how i think. Prefer to play the game how I feel its meant to be played. I'm doing ok with 4 figures of gold and dont play that much compared to some.

I'm with Mark, where's the satisfaction in buying gold exactly? It just ruins everybody's game playing, as it creates a market for the **** gold spammers, creates "inflation" in the WoW economy and rewards players for not actually doing anything. You don't have to spend hours grinding to make gold either, I funded most of my 8K mount from work done in the AH, eg buying arctic furs cheaply when it's VH heroic day (one drops every run) then waiting a few days and turning them into either Frothide or Icescale leg armor. I also save any Frostweave Cloth until it's obvious a tailor is buying up stacks for his flying carpet or whatever. Also flogging your greens on the AH rather than vendoring them is a good way increases your cash a fair bit. Buy stacks of stuff cheap, and sell it when there's a price rise....takes a while.

Do the quick and easy dailies, I bet I make 100G an hour from those no sweat.

Anyone got any tips on where and which dailies to do to make a lot of money fast? I know that Icecrown is a good spot. Yet, are there any others?

Patch 3.0.8 is out today aswell. Shame there will be no new raid content though, as to be fair the current content is far too easy. I know they apparently designed it to be that way. It is just too easy for people that can manage to roll their heads across a keyboard though. Some challenging raids would be nice. The only challenging fight has been in Eye Of Eternity. Even that isn't tough though once the whole group gets the hang of it.

Not meaning to moan, yet the current content has got a bit boring already. TBC never got boring in my opinion, and there were always things to do. Perhaps it is just me and I am losing interest in WoW. I think that it may well be down to the fact that WoTLK seems to lack any substance besides the quests and is far too geared at new players.

Anyone got any tips on where and which dailies to do to make a lot of money fast? I know that Icecrown is a good spot. Yet, are there any others?

Patch 3.0.8 is out today aswell. Shame there will be no new raid content though, as to be fair the current content is far too easy. I know they apparently designed it to be that way. It is just too easy for people that can manage to roll their heads across a keyboard though. Some challenging raids would be nice. The only challenging fight has been in Eye Of Eternity. Even that isn't tough though once the whole group gets the hang of it.

Not meaning to moan, yet the current content has got a bit boring already. TBC never got boring in my opinion, and there were always things to do. Perhaps it is just me and I am losing interest in WoW. I think that it may well be down to the fact that WoTLK seems to lack any substance besides the quests and is far too geared at new players.

I've been saying that for a while, in my opinion they haven't got WOTLK pitched quite right. I've been in pugs to heroics where a death knight who you can tell has only been playing the game for a couple of weeks has done twice as much damage as everybody else. Most of the heroics are really soft, there are only a couple that are even mildly challenging. Most classes are a lot easier to play than they used to be, I've never finished a fight out of mana for example, whereas in TBC mana conservation used to be a real issue. The Black Morass was a really difficult fight at first for example, but the Violet Hold, which is almost identical in set up, is far easier.

Anyway, dailies.

The ones I always do are:

Icecrown. The two that start in Shadow Vault, ie the burn the roof one, which takes about 10 seconds, and the other one where you have to kill 15 Vyrkyl (or whatever they're called) and plant the stake in their corpses. Takes less than 5 minutes easily. i don't bother with the one where you have to shoot down the drakes, as I find it a bit hit and miss and takes too long. These give you Ebon Blade rep by the way.

Then if the Horde zep isn't too far away I fly there and do the "Slaves to Saronite" daily (Argent Crusade rep). Another really easy one, that takes less a few minutes. Also near there is the Yrmheim daily where you kill another 15 Vyrkyrl.

I reckon that's 4 dailies, which with flight time you could do in 20 minutes. Then I head to Sholazor and do The Oracles dailies, although this depends on whether you are friendly or hated with The Frenzyheart or the Oracles. Three really easy q's that take about another 20 minutes.

If you've completed the stupidly long Stormpeaks chain quest, you'll be able to do Sons of Hodir dailies. There are 5 of these (6 when you get to revered) that probably take about an hour in all. I did these until I was exalted so haven't done them for a while i was sick of them, but they're particularly good if you're a skinner as there are lots of beasts to kill. In all I'd say if you have a couple of hours you'd look to rake in about 150G from quest rewards, plus more from drops of cloth, skinning, green shite etc.

hi,

been playing wow since feb 2006

have an alliance lvl 80 glass canon :P i play on laughing skull char name donkhunter guild called ming, my armoury link so if any alliance fancy a transfer come here :P we are outnumbered by about 4-1 v horde.

am bit bored of it atm though cos completed all end game even safarion with 3 drakes up, so only raid 2 nights a week and nowt to do for rest of wow time.

gief ulduar plx .

Are you guys raiding on that horde server ? or just doing 5 man ?

Â