World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I wonder if the same recruiter dismisses candidates with young children.

Who would honestly include the fact they play Warcraft on their CV anyway?

Funny you should ask. Kevin Werbach has just been given a high profile job by Barrack Obama with regards to looking after US media, internet, radio (etc) on a federal level.

He has a level 70 Shaman (last logged in today in fact) so the geeks are starting to get jobs with real power. :nod:

Oh, and a source to show that that Shaman has a top job in the US government. (click)

Just started a priest. After 3 years of doing the damage I fancy like doing the greater good.

Got those fancy BoA shoulders.

I'm the opposite, after three years of being a resto shaman I've turned to the darkside and respecced enhance. Much more fun, and dare I say it, a lot harder (in instances anyway) Melee's a lot more confusing than standing at the back watching health bars go down spamming chain heal!

Well, ive been doing a bit of the Lore over the last couple of days. The Death Knight zone yesterday, and finally got around to Wrath Gate today. Very nice cinematic, and hammers home the point that Arthas is a bit of a twunt.

Im sure this has been linked before, but the ending of Warcraft III has a little cutscene that kinda fits in:

Prince Arthas Menethil with a Paladin appointed by his father, is fighting demon-worshipping orcs. After defeating the orcs, Arthas joins Archmage Jaina Proudmoore, with whom he investigates a strange plague that is spreading across the lands of Lordaeron. To their horror, they find that the plague kills and turns human victims into the undead. Arthas proceeds to kill the plague's originator, Kel'Thuzad, then hunts down the dreadlord he serves, Mal'Ganis. Arthas, blinded by a desire to kill Mal'Ganis, follows the dreadlord to Northrend. Arthas pursues Mal'Ganis to the icy north, and decides to aid his old dwarf friend, Muradin Bronzebeard, and find a powerful sword called Frostmourne. Upon discovering the blade, Muradin learns that the sword has a curse upon it; Arthas disregards the warning and pulls the sword from its pedestal. The blade kills Muradin, and Arthas goes on to kill Mal'Ganis with the sword before leaving his men to die in the frozen north as he is possessed by the blade. Some time later, Arthas returns to Lordaeron a hero to the unwitting populace... (cinematic)

Thats how the Alliance lost Undercity. The quest is how the Horde take it.

I wish they'd nerf Loladins. Sick of getting jumped by them trying to do dailies, and spending the first 5 seconds being able to knack all while they take my health down to 5%. Can't even fear the buggers.

Blink out of the Hammer of Justice, trinket the repentance, spellsteal Hand of Freedom. Then they are pretty much ****. ;)

I just wish they would nerf anybody who has better gear than me. I got the shit camped out of me last night by some shadowpriest with 20k HP. I have 11k.

Im a Frost noob at the moment. Its probably the best spec for what im doing. Arcane is great for questing and ganking, you can faceroll casters and its not bad vs melee either (though you are as squishy as **** against Rogues who get the opener) but I found myself getting outdamaged by the tank in 5 mans. Tried fire. Same again. But fire is the raiding build, its awesome against stuff with lots of hitpoints but you lose so much DPS on mobs that die in less than 20 seconds it can appear shit. Then it dawned on me the reason why tanks (especially Paladin and Death Knight tanks, who I seem to have spent most of my time with recently) do so much damage is because they are AOEing all the time and hitting multiple targets. You cant keep up with just assisting the tank and nuking his primary target. The good thing is this means you cant pull aggro if you AOE yourself. And if you are a Mage, go Frost and just spam flamestrike and Blizzard. Kept up 2000 dps in a Heroic that way, which is pretty neat considering there were no caster buffs in my melee dominated group and that I have shit gear.

After not playing for about 8 months I've come back and I've enjoyed the expansion pretty much so far.

Guild has cleared Naxx 25 and Malygos 25 piece of piss.

The content is ridiculously easy.

One thing though...

NERF DK'S. It's absolutely horrid to PvP as a Mage these days :(.

Finished naxx and sarth, malygos phase 2 but only few attempts due to people with the key going away over holidays.

Raiding is very easy- killed kel on first pull. If the next instance is as easy I can see major problems for raid guilds. Already people dont care about achievements.

They are easier because Blizzard realised that they will make more money if more than 20% of the playerbase see the content they spend so much time and effort in making.

Ask Si, what could you do if you didnt raid at 60? PvP was a grind beyond belief.

When the cap was raised to 70 they added more things to do with Arena, Heroics, Crafting and Badge Loot. People liked that, subscriptions went up and so did revenue. Why not expand on that at 80? You get a small minority of people, usually old hardcore raiders, complaining because they dont like admitting that they didnt play to see the content they played to have stuff (ie, gear) that other people didnt. Thing is, they will play regardless. The few who do quit are dwarfed by the numbers who now have things to do at the level cap. Dumbing down isnt necessarily a bad thing.

Oh, and have you logged in and got your present from under the tree in Orgrimmar?

They are easier because Blizzard realised that they will make more money if more than 20% of the playerbase see the content they spend so much time and effort in making.

Ask Si, what could you do if you didnt raid at 60? PvP was a grind beyond belief.

When the cap was raised to 70 they added more things to do with Arena, Heroics, Crafting and Badge Loot. People liked that, subscriptions went up and so did revenue. Why not expand on that at 80? You get a small minority of people, usually old hardcore raiders, complaining because they dont like admitting that they didnt play to see the content they played to have stuff (ie, gear) that other people didnt. Thing is, they will play regardless. The few who do quit are dwarfed by the numbers who now have things to do at the level cap. Dumbing down isnt necessarily a bad thing.

Oh, and have you logged in and got your present from under the tree in Orgrimmar?

I'd argue that it's possible to make content that people can see, and still make it challenging. Some of the heroics in TBC were pretty bloody difficult, but you felt like you'd achieved something when you finished it.

and yes I got my pressies, you shouldn't have bothered!

Well for me I will be able to "complete" the game for the first time and be at the edge of progression. Im not up for massive farming ( especially running a ten man and a 25 man version at the same time), so once Ive killed malygos and got my alt to 80 I'll take a break until new content is patched.

Â